TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Choken One

"Behind Blue Eyes"

Guest Choken One

I've just seen the new Limp Bizkit video for "Behind Blue Eyes".

While fred is a good director, I couldn't help but shake my head at his new HUGE tatoo of Elvis and Cobain right on his Chest over his heart...as he stands in a white room like an fucking angel with Halle Barry standing behind him making "tormented sad faces" and then Halle starts singing as I should she DOESN'T have blue eyes...then she sheds a tear...

In the video he plays a Mental Patient that falls in love with Halle Barry, the Nurse/Psychologist whatever...they make out for about 2 minutes (notice a trend in recent durst videos...he makes out with Hot hollywood stars, first Birch and now Barry) and Fred tricks her or something and they switch clothes and fred walks out of the cell and they stare at each other for another 30 seconds and fred walks away but stops too look at her every two steps...Halle breaks down in tears...as they fade away with her in a fetal position...

I should note the song isn't that bad but naturally it's another cover song...(i think)

Anyone else seen the video and have thoughts?

I hate Fred Durst.

Thats about all I got.

And I liked behind blue eyes...now he ruined it for me.

Where is Anthony Stewart Head to bring the song back to prominence when you need him?

It's actually not a bad cover (The Who did the original), actually. The only part that I find horribly offensive is the "speak and say" breakdown towards the middle of the song. ("Say It. L. I. M. P. Discover. Say It.") It's honestly not too bad, but I wish Freddy would just write his own god-damned material. This is just another case of a "popular" band covering a classic old song in hopes of cashing in quickly. Another example? "Boys of Summer" by The Ataris. They get HUGE off of this single, then, next thing I know, the lead singer is wearing a shirt that says, "Who the FUCK is Don Henley?"

If Fred comes out with a shirt that says, "Who the FUCK is The Who?" then I will snap.

But really, it's not a bad song.

Despite listening to quite a bit of classic rock, I don't recall eevr hearing the original version of this song. I do really like Limp Bizkit's version, though. It's one of my favorite songs of the year. I can really relate to the lyrics. So if Limp's version is this good, the original must be even better.

Guest TSMAdmin

Having used the original as a theme song in my youth, this new version is absolutely dreadful. Durst doesn't have the emotion in his voice, the tone, or the power to actually express the feeling that Daltrey was able to with the original. Leaving out the huge chunk of the original is also embarassing since it is an integral part of the song.

On a sidenote, the artwork on Durst is actually pretty cool but I think Cobain should have been shining Elvis's blue suede shoes since he is nowhere near Elvis on the dead icon scale.

Well, Cobain's method of death was a little more elaborate.

"Suicide" w/ suspicious evidence surrounding death > Taking a shit.

And, while Durst is a horrible lead singer, he actually seems to convey a little bit of emotion here. He's monotone for most of the song, but he get's angry when he says, "AND I BLAME YOU!". That's a change in emotion if I've ever seen one.

Guest TSMAdmin

but compare his "I Blame You" to Daltrey's. That is the point. Or when Daltrey belts out "and when I smile, tell me some bad news before I laugh and act like a fool." He leaves himself completely exposed. Fred still has the macho, bullshit pose going. That is NOT where the song should go.

Guest FrigidSoul
Well, Cobain's method of death was a little more elaborate.

"Suicide" w/ suspicious evidence surrounding death > Taking a shit.

And, while Durst is a horrible lead singer, he actually seems to convey a little bit of emotion here. He's monotone for most of the song, but he get's angry when he says, "AND I BLAME YOU!". That's a change in emotion if I've ever seen one.

If you had been watching Smackdown as of late you would know shit=ratings ! Don't underestimate the power of feces

that being said Durst should marry Courtney Love and both can go to the Island of Misfit music makers. Limp Bizkit sucked the moment their guitarist left

How long til Fred says he slept with Halle Berry? Right before the next album comes out would be my guess.

Another example? "Boys of Summer" by The Ataris. They get HUGE off of this single, then, next thing I know, the lead singer is wearing a shirt that says, "Who the FUCK is Don Henley?"

It's OK. Six months from now people will be saying who the fuck was Ataris?

Guest LooseCannon

This sounds horrible. I bet it doesn't even have the redeeming comedic value of Guns and Roses version of "knocking on heaven's door," which, on paper, was an equally horrifying idea. The entire music industry should be embarrassed.

Another example? "Boys of Summer" by The Ataris. They get HUGE off of this single, then, next thing I know, the lead singer is wearing a shirt that says, "Who the FUCK is Don Henley?"

It's OK. Six months from now people will be saying who the fuck was Ataris?

Tha Ataris have been around for something like 8-9 years and have put out some great albums. They're not some new band; They just happened to take a while to get noticed by the mainstream.

I like Build A Bridge a lot better.

I wonder how much they had to shell out to get Halle to do this.

Oh God, I hope they're not going out now...

*vomits

I haven't heard the song yet, but from what people have told me, I'm lucky that I haven't had the chance to listen. If I see the video or hear it on the radio, I'll give it a shot, but until then, I still say fuck Fred Durst and limpbizkit.

Well, considering the fact that she's married...I doubt it.

Tha Ataris have been around for something like 8-9 years and have put out some great albums. 

Yeah, I'm perfectly familiar with The Ataris. Remember their old song, "The Radio Still Sucks"? Now you can't even turn on the radio without hearing The Ataris. Irony? Yessum.

They're not some new band; They just happened to take a while to get noticed by the mainstream.

Or, as I like to call them, "The Good Old Days".

The song, in and of itself, isn't that bad. The video, on the other hand, is awful. It would have been fine, had it been Fred standing there in the white room singing the whole time. The second that it morphs into the asylum, the video turns into pure shit. I'm not interested in watching you make out for two minutes, Fred.

This sounds horrible. I bet it doesn't even have the redeeming comedic value of Guns and Roses version of "knocking on heaven's door," which, on paper, was an equally horrifying idea. The entire music industry should be embarrassed.

Holy shit, LooseCannon!

...that's all I got.

Guest Choken One

You ARE aware of the fact she and Eric Benet got a divorce shortly after the video was shot right...which could many ANYTHING.

Guest SweetNSexyDiva

You ARE aware of the fact she and Eric Benet got a divorce shortly after the video was shot right...which could many ANYTHING.

Eric Benet is also a cheating bastard.... so that may have contributed to the divorce a little bit....

Guest Choken One

and we know this how? Or are you just assuming that the guy cheated because of false stereotypes.

Guest Rollerball

Think the public apologies for cheating and booking himself into a sex addiction clinic kind of confirm the story.

Guest LooseCannon

If I ever married Halle Berry, I would definitely cheat on her.

Edited by LooseCannon

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Yeah, I figure if one is famous and wealthy enough to snag a media doll like that, they can push it even further, wallowing in the hollywood dirt, and snag someone even hotter.

Well, who the fuck is the upgrade from HALLE BERRY?

I think Halle just has piss poor taste in men. Her first husband beat her, David justice cheated on her with prostitutes and sued HER for money after the divorce, and Eric Benet cheated on her because he is a sex addict.

That is one bad run going.

If she goes the Janet Jackson route and date a short ugly man, I will be PISSED.