Favorite Looney Tunes feud

So many classics.

-Tweety vs Sylvester

-Bugs vs Daffy

-Foghorn vs The Chickenhawk

-Bugs vs Marvin the Martain

-That black cat with the white stripe trying to fight of rape from Pepe le Pew

-And many more

Personally I'm going with Foghorn Leghorn vs Dog...for if nothing else they feuded for no real reason. Just to be mean.

foghornpic.gif

Bugs Vs. Daffy (The best Face Vs. Tweener feud ever) or the immortal Road Runner Vs. Wile E. Coyote

I also liked Bugs' epic feuds with Taz, Fudd, Yosemite Sam and others

Feud I didn't like: Tweety Vs. Sylvester (Tweety was so damn annoying, every kid I knew wanted the cat to eat that bastard bird)

Edited by PsychoDriver

Guest EQ

Bugs and Daffy (I'm a Daffy mark) in the same cartoon was rare enough that it seemed like a special occasion.

And Daffy has his own show now (Duck Dodgers). Where is Bugs now, huh? That's right

BAH! Bugs was the Undertaker of cartoons! The bastard never sold and always won!

I liked Road Runner vs. Wile E. Coyote!

Wait....Road Runner never sold either! Hell nobody sold in Looney Toons! They no sold death all the time!

the one cartoon that had Speedy Gonzalez and Road Runner in a race, and Wile E Coyote and, I think, Sylvester teamed up to catch them. I never even knew they had such a cartoon, so I marked when I saw it a while ago

Speedy was the shit. I marked like hell for the Roadrunner race...

*marvels at the fact that he used a wrestling term to describe a Looney Tunes episode...without a hint of sarcasm*

Wow. Anyway, Coyote vs Roadrunner would probably be the favorite, followed by theBugs and Daffy. And I gotta throw a nod to Speedy vs Sylvester/Daffy because Speedy was so damn cool.

and Road-runner vs. Wile E. Coyote is one of my favorites too, did he EVER get RR?

Once.

At the end of one cartoon, they ran through a pipe that got progressively smaller, ending up with both being really tiny as they came out of the other end. They went back through it, and RR came out back to full size, but Wile E. was still tiny. Wile E. ran under RR's feet and realized where he was and grabbed RR's leg, but looked up to see a huge head looking down at him. I think the cartoon ended with Wile E. holding up a sign saying "Now what do I do?"

........Don't ask me why I remembered all that.

I don't know if this counts or not, but in the Tiny Toons movie, there's a scene where the kid Wile E. was driving a mail truck or something. Anyway, it was stopped, and the Road Runner was right in front of the truck. He jumped up, went "BEEPBE" AND GOT RUN THE FUCK OVER.

I roared.

Also, I'd like to point out that I just recently saw the cartoon where Fudd pretends to be crazy to put one over on Bugs. I LOST it when Fudd came out on top.

and Road-runner vs. Wile E. Coyote is one of my favorites too, did he EVER get RR?

Once.

At the end of one cartoon, they ran through a pipe that got progressively smaller, ending up with both being really tiny as they came out of the other end. They went back through it, and RR came out back to full size, but Wile E. was still tiny. Wile E. ran under RR's feet and realized where he was and grabbed RR's leg, but looked up to see a huge head looking down at him. I think the cartoon ended with Wile E. holding up a sign saying "Now what do I do?"

........Don't ask me why I remembered all that.

Wile E. grabbed him and looked up to realize he was huge and Roadrunner just leaned over and went "BEEP BEEP" in this deep booming voice. It has me rolling everytime I see it.

Guest EQ

I remember an instance where Taz was spinning around in the desert for some reason. He went right up to Road Runner and just grabbed him. He was about to eat him and something distracted him and RR got away. I don't remember if it was a standalone episode or if it was an episode of Tazmania (anyone remember this show?)

I don't know if this counts or not, but in the Tiny Toons movie, there's a scene where the kid Wile E. was driving a mail truck or something. Anyway, it was stopped, and the Road Runner was right in front of the truck. He jumped up, went "BEEPBE" AND GOT RUN THE FUCK OVER.

I roared.

Reminds me of that one scene from "Family Guy".

It shows the Road Runner on a road in the desert. Peter runs him right over.

Peter: "Did......did I just hit something?"

Camera cuts to Wile E. Coyote sitting shotgun. "It's okay, keep driving."

BTW, we should really set up a poll to see who we all prefer, Bugs or Daffy. I'm a Daffy mark all the way.

Guest Fook

I roared.

I must find this...

Wile E. vs Road Runner was the top feud for me even if Wile E. always fell off cliffs and blew himself up.

Now that I hear of this, I must find this clip.

And Daffy > Bugs

Guest EQ

Tiny Toons was fucking awesome. I didn't care as much for Animaniacs, but they still blew away ANY cartoon that's on these days

Guest Salacious Crumb

I was so happy when Daffy beat Bugs on that Cartoon Network Super Bowl thing they used to do every year.

Also, I'd like to point out that I just recently saw the cartoon where Fudd pretends to be crazy to put one over on Bugs. I LOST it when Fudd came out on top.

"My name is Elmer J. Fudd, millionaire. I own a mansion and a yacht."

"Again!"

That one was great.

There was also a pretty good feud between Speedy Gonzales and Daffy Duck from the 1960s. Occasionally, Sylvester got involved with it. Like someone else said, too bad they can't be shown on television anymore! Fucking PC bastards...

I also remember the one cartoon where Bugs Bunny took on Wile E. Coyote. I guess for balance, there should've been one where Daffy pursued the Roadrunner. Probably too late now.

Bonus reference: Wile E. Coyote's cameo on Night Court.

-Ben, who can't wait for the DVD sets next week.

I'll put this in wrestling speak...

In terms of promos and entertainment, my nod goes to Bugs and Daffy. This is the equivalent of Stone Cold vs The Rock.

In terms of workrate, I'd go with Wile E. Coyote vs Road Runner. This would be like a good cruiserweight feud like Jericho vs Dean Malenko from WCW or something.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Foghorn vs. Dog is sheer brilliance in their meaningless hatred for one another. They don't get too terribly complex, either. Foghorn will just beat his ass with a board, then run away to see Dog choke himself on his collar.

Any of the historically themed Bugs vs. Yosemite Sam episodes are great.

Any of the historically themed Bugs vs. Yosemite Sam episodes are great.

Like when Yosemite Same was portraying King Arthur or someone similar? That is a CLASSIC.

Sam as the Arab is still the best. When he beats the camel with a shotgun I'm in stitches every time.

When I say whoa, I mean WHOA~!

I always loved how in the Foghorn-Dog cartoons, Foghorn would draw a line in the dirty just as far as the dog's leash would go. He then would go taunt the dog, run behind the line and as soon as the dog got there- WHAM! Smacked him right in the face with a 2x4. Now that's good fun.