TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Spicy McHaggis

The One And Only 24 Season 3 Thread

So it goes head to head with both Backlash and Leafs/Sens game 6? What the fuck am I going to do?

The answer is simple - hope the Leafs win the next 2 games...

Guest Fook
Wait, do people who live in Canada get Bush's speech to?

Yes and no.

On Fox, yes. On the Canadian affiliate that also shows 24, we're getting That 70s Show reruns.

Guest T®ITEC

Eh. I'm fairly excited, but I'm having more fun watching The Simpsons. This is a really great episode.

Guest T®ITEC

Wow. I didn't think Ryan would really die. Surprising, and.. very sad to see.

Well, there seems to be much more Kim next week. Here's to hoping that her fate is.. a sorrowful one.

Wow. I didn't think Ryan would really die. Surprising, and.. very sad to see.

Well, there seems to be much more Kim next week. Here's to hoping that her fate is.. a sorrowful one.

Yeah. And I don't think that it's gonna be a good year for Father Jughead either.

That was a real intense last few minutes. And I suppose that this means Michelle will live, but the real question is: what happens to Gay Matt?

Guest OctoberBlood

Damn. I forgot to tape it. I'm gonna download the episode before Tuesday though.

Man. Wow.

Did anyone catch how they didn't have the "beep" for the last three seconds of the show? The silence was just eerie.

If Im not mistaken, the only time I remember that being done aside from the finales was when Mason went down in a blaze of nuclear glory last year.

Im still trying to figure out why Saunders had so many guards guarding a call router...

I'm guessing just to help throw the CTU off a little bit. I don't understand why he'd have surveillance cameras, though.

And, of course, the next episode goes head-to-head with Leafs/Sens game 7.

Man what an episode tonight. Possibily one of the best this season.

I kinda feel sorry for Chapelle, beggin for his life, but really, wouldnt you?

He really hasnt done much acting (besides yellin) before tonight. good job by him, i shed a tear.

God, that was tough to watch. I was expecting Jack to, well, do what Jack Bauer does - toss Chappelle out of the way, take control of the van, and make them drive him to Saunders on pain of horrible torture. But no heroics this time.

This was tougher than George Mason last year - at least he was already dying, able to atone for a dishonorable action of his own. Ryan...just got killed, by one of the only people he could maybe call friend, for doing his job. Died young, no friends, for no real reason at all. Man.

That was probably the most depressing ending to an episode of this show in all 3 years. Teri's death was just shock and horror. This was a slow crawl of dread towards the inevitable. R.I.P. to the tightest of tight-asses.

I dont get why they didn't get a look a like. The guys in the van wouldn't know what Chapelle looked like probably, which would have bought them at least a little bit of time before Saunders figured out that it wasn't Chapelle, if he even knows what Chapelle actually looked like. And oddly enough, they are doing the look-alike thing next week with Kim.

This season has picked up a lot of steam. In the beginning of the year, the season didn't have much going for it. Once the virus was released in the hotel, BAM, shit is lit.

Even though we had to wait longer for this episode, we only have to wait 2 days for the next episode. And that looks sweet too.

:( RIP Chapelle, just when I was starting to like him....man that was one of the most intense episodes ever, g'damn.

Nice that they gave him the silent countdown, but I'm still mad they didn't give it to Mason in season 2 :(

but man this last bunch of episodes have been freaking amazing...I can't imagine what else they have in store.

They did technically give the silent countdown to Mason, if you remember when he promotes Tony to leader of CTU and walks out of the office(for what seemed to be his final scene, but of course he reappeared), the silent clock was used then.

They did technically give the silent countdown to Mason, if you remember when he promotes Tony to leader of CTU and walks out of the office(for what seemed to be his final scene, but of course he reappeared), the silent clock was used then.

It seems to me like every season has a moment that's so grim and depressing that they have to use a silent countdown.

S. 1 - Jack finds Teri's body

S. 2 - George walks out of the office (his actual death was more satisfying than depressing, because he died doing something heroic - therefore no silent countdown)

S. 3 - Jack kills Ryan

The ending of S. 2 had a semi-silent countdown, because unlike with Teri we weren't sure if Palmer was dead (so it was shocking rather than sad).

That's how I see it.