TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tpww7

ROH/All Japan Supershow Set For Dec. 27th In PA

ROH/All Japan Supershow Set For Dec. 27th In Philly

Ring Of Honor is proud to announce that it will promote a supershow with All Japan Pro Wrestling on December 27th in Philadelphia, PA at the Pennsylvania National Guard Armory. Tickets on sale now at Ticketmaster with VIP seats available at RFVideo.com or by calling 215-891-9404.

All Japan is sending over its best talent to take on ROH's best. The first match has been signed and it will pit "The Notorious 187" Homicide vs. Satoshi Kojima.

The Great Muta will make his return to the United States as he teams with Arashi to defend the All Japan Tag Titles against two of ROH's best!!!

Other talent slated to hit Philadelphia just two days after Christmas include Kaz Hayashi, Tomoaki Honma and Kazushi Miyamoto.

Stay tuned as more interpromotional matches are announced for this huge event that will also include a fan convention. Tickets on sale now!!!

Guest OSIcon

Should be a really cool show. Guess I better get my tickets now.

NOAH would have been great (seeing Misawa live no matter at what age would be awesome) but having it be All Japan is still really cool. Any chance to see Japanese wrestlers in America is cool, no matter what the state of the company might be.

Guest bort

Holy big deal, it may be the smallest out of the big 4 japan groups but it will still be nice to see some of there guys, i wonder how much this is gonna cost them or if All Japan is doing this to show they can run in the USA for the press

Guest OSIcon
I wonder how much this is gonna cost them or if All Japan is doing this to show they can run in the USA for the press.

I would imagine they are at least splitting the costs in some manner. All Japanese companies love exposure in the US. Muta beating Misawa to the punch (since it was reported recently that NOAH is looking to do a US tour next year) will probably be worth it to All Japan to pay the costs of flying their guys in.

Daniels vs. Kaz would be great. Though it will be interesting to see if guys like Daniels or Dragon are effected at all by their ties to New Japan.

Guest Markingout

Awesome. Homicide and Kojima! Kojimania returns to the United States. That match will be awesome! Strong Style to the fullest. I met Kojima at MLW cool dude.

Guest bort

Is All Japan not a little cash strapped though??? Isnt Zero-one also going to be running an event around that area in 2004

Guest Black Tiger

12/27/03 Happens to be my 21st Birthday, this is ONE HELL of a b'day gift from RoH.

Now it's a matter of convincing my mom or my dad to go along with me since I never been to Philly. Hey Bob, swing by Syracuse and pick me up!

Guest Markingout

"Isnt Zero-one also going to be running an event around that area in 2004"

Yeah, Zero One USA show in PA.

"All the talent announced is the only talent coming over apparently."

6 people. Oh well. Its still going to be awesome.

Guest BionicRedneck

AJPW is dog shit these days people.

Mutoh can't move, so nothing to get excited about there either.

Still, I suppose some matches could be fun, and it should draw a good crowd (for ROH).

Guest OSIcon
AJPW is dog shit these days people.

Mutoh can't move, so nothing to get excited about there either.

Yea, I'm thinking some people (especially those not that familiar with the Japan wrestling scene) are getting themselves too hyped of in terms of match quality. There's that presumption that any wrestler from Japan is really good which could leave people disappointed.

Still, the draw for me at least, is to just get to see the wrestlers on a live show. I know that most Muta won't do much of anything in the ring, but he should be SUPER over which will at least make his match fun.

If this show has a few good non-interpromotional matches on it, then it has the chance to be really good. It'll have the Field of Honor finals (Most likely Stryker/Whitmer) and if a guy like AmDrag or Daniels (who may not be able to be in the All Japan matches due to politics) has a good match, then the card should be really fun.

Guest Black Tiger

AJPW may not be the great promotion they were before, but they can still deliver.

Kojima is probably the second best guy they've got right now (behind Kawada of course), Mutoh/Arashi have actually developed a fun little tag team. Their match vs TAKA/Malice or whatever he's called nowadays was in the ***1/2-**** range and I expected the drizzling shit going in to that match.

Samoa Joe vs Toshiaki Kawada.

Nuff said. That would 0wn your faces. Tosh could show him how really drill someone with a kick. (and show him how to work better as well) I doubt this'll happen though.

Guest trickstyle_360

I'd like to see Turmeric Storm(Honma/Miyamoto) vs the Backseats or the Briscoes....I'll bet they'd have a crazy match. Don't know who would really fit against the shitty Arashi and Muta...Carnage Crew? Hayashi has been mailing it in as of late....but if he tries, him vs Sabin, Punk or Ted Hart would be decent. I wonder if Jeremy Lopez will work this show since he's now a regular on AJPW's tours. This also makes me wonder if the Low Ki-ROH thing is a work since Low Ki just got a bunch of dates with AJPW. And to the guy who wanted to see NOAH....dude, NOAH is boring as chickenshit. A bunch of fat guys and old guys. Takeshis, Honda and Saito as legit heavies? You gotta be jokin'. I'll admit, Saito has been pretty good tagging with Akiyama and Honda had that one good match with Kobashi...but they still suck. The only thing keeps me watching NOAH is Kobashi, the juniors and when the NJPW juniors come over for interpromotional matches.

Guest OSIcon

This is the line up given by Zack Arnold at Puroresu Power (of course this isn't confirmed):

12/27 Ring of Honor in Philadelphia card line-up:

- World Tag Titles Match: Great Muta & Storm (Arashi) vs. Danny Maff & Christopher Daniels

- Satoshi Kojima vs. Homicide

- Kaz Hayashi vs. AJ Styles

- Tomoaki Honma & Kazushi Miyamoto vs. CM Punk & Colt Cabana

Looks pretty good to me. Not sure what I would have done differently. Plus this frees up AmDrag to work with someone from ROH.