TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kirk angel

never been face/heel

In the Midnight Express vs Midnight Express feud ,Cornette was a face.

Bundy was a face in an AWA feud teaming with Jerry Blackwell against the Road Warriors (I think)

Bockwinkel feuded with Zybysko in the AWA as a face after Larry clocked him with nunchuks (sp)

People kept claiming Steamboat was being heelish in TNA but I don't think he ever officially turned. I would have a hard time including that anyway since he wasn't an active wrestler at that point.

Most of Downhome's list I haven't seen..but I can't believe I forgot the goody-goody Gagnes. And Magnum only wrestled about 5 or 6 years didn't he?

Edited by Slingshot Suplex

Wasn't Heenan a babyface announcer in WCW From 1996 on?

That's kind of an interesting question...

All the announcers were pretty much babyface from then on (Which is one of the things that bugged me about WCW - Heel announcers rule) due to the nWo. I mean, they "worked" for WCW, not the nWo, so they couldn't cheer for them, really. Thus, they were all kinda faces by default...but would Heenan still root for other heels or jeer the play-by-play guys? I honestly don't recall...but I think he was more of a face then a heel then.

But while I'm on the subject...best quote of Heenan's career...

BUT WHO'S SIDE IS HE ON???????

Wasn't Heenan a babyface announcer in WCW From 1996 on?

That's kind of an interesting question...

All the announcers were pretty much babyface from then on (Which is one of the things that bugged me about WCW - Heel announcers rule) due to the nWo. I mean, they "worked" for WCW, not the nWo, so they couldn't cheer for them, really. Thus, they were all kinda faces by default...but would Heenan still root for other heels or jeer the play-by-play guys? I honestly don't recall...but I think he was more of a face then a heel then.

He still rooted for other heels...and I *VAGUELY* remember him sucking up to the nWo at one point...I think they had taken over the broadcast booth or something like that, but I didn't watch Nitro that often, so I could be wrong.

Was the Honky Tonk Man ever face? If so, when, b/c I don't remember it. I know the Warrior was heel.....he was the Dingo Warrior in WCCW.

What about Lex Luger or Barry Windham? Did they ever switch sides? (ok, I'm joking there.....don't actually answer that)

Honky was definitely a babyface when he came into the WWF. He had been a babyface previously as well.

See, Heenan hated the nWo because he hated Hogan. That was true to his character. He would occaisionally give Nash, Hall and other guys dap, but never Hogan. Early on, I remember Heenan playing up the fact that he was right after all these years about Hogan being a jerk and people should apologize to him.

Early on, I remember Heenan playing up the fact that he was right after all these years about Hogan being a jerk and people should apologize to him.

I swear, listening to Bobby Heenan MAKES the Bash at the Beach match. He called Hogan joining the nWo (He wasn't told about it) then bragged about it.

Heenan rules.

Yes, I do admit. I did think of a guy who has never been face: Tully Blanchard? Never been Heel: Pedro Morales, Never Face: Original Samoans

Shit, I gotta stop sleeping so late

Edited by The Reverand Daddy Joe

Guest Askewniverse
Never been face: Pedro Morales

Pedro was a face for most, if not all of his career.

Never Heel:

Austin (I will never ever ever count his stupid ass heel run, he will always be a face)

What great logic you are using there.

Ugh.

Must I assume that you also will "never ever count his stupid ass heel run" in WCW as well?

How about that 1996-WM13 heel run?

Never Heel:

Austin (I will never ever ever count his stupid ass heel run, he will always be a face)

What great logic you are using there.

Ugh.

Must I assume that you also will "never ever count his stupid ass heel run" in WCW as well?

How about that 1996-WM13 heel run?

Never happened.

Can someone tell me if these guys have ever been heel?

Kenta Kobashi

Bruce Hart

Keith Hart

Giant Baba

Hilbilly Jim

Mitsuharu Misawa(was he a heel when he feuded with jumbo?)

Jumbo Tsuruta