TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kirk angel

never been face/heel

what wrestlers have never been a face or never been a heel throughout their career.the onlyones i can think of are

never face

rick rude

kevin sullivan...i havent really followed his career but from what ive seen i dont remember him ever being a face

never heel

ultimate warrior...not positive about this though, i think he could have possibly been a heel when he first came to wccw

ricky steamboat...i dont really know anything about him pre wwf, so if he was ever a heel it was before he first came to the wwf

Guest Salacious Crumb

Steamboat was turning very heelish when he was in TNA.

Rude I think was a face at some point or another.

Kevin Sullivan,I believe was a face early on in his career. He was also briefly a face in the Florida territory after Oliver Humperdink threw a fireball at him and he teamed some with Blackjack Mulligan against Oliver's Army.

After he became the Ultimate Warrior,he was never heel again but he was a heel with Sting as the Blade Runners and a heel early on in World Class before Buzz Sawyer and Matt Borne attacked him after a 6 man tag.

I think......not definite on this one.....Rude was briefly a face in Memphis but I don't think he ever was after he became a more nationally known wrestler.

Steamboat is the only one I can think of that never wrestled as a heel.

Actually,if going back to the older days.......

Did Bruno ever wrestle heel?

Was Stan Hansen ever a face?

Junkyard Dog a heel?

Tito Santana a heel?

Iron Shiek a face?

Kevin or Kerry Von Erich a heel?

Ivan Putski a heel?

Rude had a face run in ECW, 'feuding' with Shane Douglas and Francine in 97ish.

I remember he did commentary on Buffalo Invasion on one match, and then appeared during Douglas' match, taking Francine from ringside and backstage...in a rather...different way.

yeah... during Barely Legal 97 he was pretty much a face... he got a huge pop after unmasking from behind the SWAT gear...

and we could very well say Chris Nowinski has never been a face...but he's had a short career and no real time for a turn.

Heenan and Steamboat are the only two I'm certain about never jumping the fence, since I've heard them say so themselves in interviews. However, like SS said, I can't see Iron Sheik being face or some of the Von Erichs being heel.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

I think everyone is asking about guys around for a while.

All the cases have been around in the 80s.

Red & Spanky have been around for 4 years tops?

Rotundo was a face randomly in the 80s but has been heel a lot more.

Guest JumpinJackFlash

You know, one of the reasons why Ricky Steamboat is my favorite wrestler is because he was always a face. He was always someone you could depend on. He was a family man. You could trust him. You could always root for him and get away with it. He was as heroic as Hogan has always wanted to be. What's bad was that being face cost him the chance to be a main eventer in the WWF.

And most of all, he didn't have a lame excuse for turning on the fans, since he never needed to.

Guest Fook

Has Rey Mysterio ever been a heel?

I can't see anyone putting him as anything except a face considering his size.

Rotundo was a face for the first few years of his career up till the Varsity Club.

Yeah, I would think it's a bit premature to be mentioning guys that have only been around the last 4-5 years or so.

Out of the Von Erichs, I'm pretty sure David was a heel in a brief stint in Florida in the early 80's.

I would put an asterik next to anybody who did a turn as an announcer. Somebody like Rude,who did the face bit in ECW, wasn't an active wrestler at that point in his career. I would think the topic question would apply to those that actually wrestled a regular schedule.

How long was Bobby Heenan an active wrestler before he became a manager?

Bobby Heenan was a Michael Hayes type, in that he both wrestled and managed back in the 60s and 70s, although he was always more a manager than a worker. (Oddly enough, it was future hardcore legend Atsushi Onita who ended Bobby's in-ring career in the early 80s, with a kneedrop off the top rope that broke Bobby's neck.) As far as I know, and I read his book cover to cover, he was always a heel.

Guest Boo_Bradley

According to some over at KM.com, Steamer had a VERY brief Heel run in Mid Alantic (Like a matter of weeks)

Never Face:

Jimmy "Jam" Gavin

Terry "Bam Bam" Gordy

Big John Stud

Nick Bockwinkle

King Kong Bundy

Never Heel:

2 Cold Scorpio

Tito Santana

Edited by The Reverand Daddy Joe

Guest Frank The Tank
Austin (I will never ever ever count his stupid ass heel run, he will always be a face)

He was a heel during his WCW Hollywood Blondes days.

Never Heel:

Austin (I will never ever ever count his stupid ass heel run, he will always be a face)

What great logic you are using there.

Ugh.

Must I assume that you also will "never ever count his stupid ass heel run" in WCW as well?

Guest Askewniverse

Bockwinkle was a face in WCW, albeit in a non-wrestling role as the commissioner.

Scorpio was a heel in ECW.

Here is a list of Pro. Wrestlers that NEVER worked as a heel, thus was a face for their entire career from WrestlingClassics. This isn't complete, it's simply guys who have been around or were around for YEARS...

Charro Aguayo

"Magnum" Terry Allen

Argentina Apollo

Atlantis

Angel Azteca

Ben Bassarab

George Becker

Estrella Blanca

Earl Caddock

Edouard Carpentier

Scott Casey

Tiger Conway Sr

Flying Fred Curry

Domenic DeNucci

Dos Caras

Bubba Douglas

Tom Drake

Ronnie Etchison

Greg Gagne

Verne Gagne

Tony Garea

Humberto Garza

Rick Gibson

Pepper Gomez

George Gulas

Haiti Kid (Little Coco)

Halcon 78/El Mexicano

Dean Ho

Happy Humphrey

Mike Jackson

Abe Jacobs

Rocky Johnson

SD Jones

Jerry Kozak

Little Beaver

Luther Lindsay

Lizmark

Tarzan Lopez

Jose Lothario

Luis Martinez

Scott McGhee

Benny McGuire*

Billy McGuire*

Tex McKenzie

Ringo Mendoza

Mario Milano

Pedro Morales

Omar Negro

Octagon

Mike Pappas

Tony Parisi/Antonio Pugliese

Reggie Parks

Ivan Putski

Huracán Ramírez

Rayo de Jalisco Jr.

Brad Rheingans

Tex Riley

Silento Rodriguez

Tommy Rogers

Ricky Romero

Len Rossi

Bruno Sammartino*

Tito Santana

Tommy Seigler

Arnold Skaaland

Wilbur Snyder

Manuel Soto

Ricky Steamboat

Sammy Steamboat

Jay Strongbow

Super Astro

Super Pinocho

Tinieblas

Fray Tormenta

Ultraman

El Vagabundo

Ciclon Veloz Jr.

Rolando Vera

Mike Von Erich

Johnny Weaver

Del Wilkes (The Trooper/The Patriot)

Jay Youngblood

* indicates only heelish work was as a "rough gaijin" in Japan

...I'll see if they've done a list about guys who were always heel.

Wasn't Steamboat a heel in TNA?

I have no idea, as I have no way to ever watch the programs and I don't follow their faces/heels on paper.

That list I posted was posted on 7/18/03, so I dunno.

Tito Santana was a heel in the short lived ATW in the mid ninties after he left the WWF.

Jimmy Garvin was a face in the late eighties, teaming with his "brother" Ronnie and having a very memorable match with Ric Flair where his valet was on the line.

Nick Bockwinkle was occaisionally a face in the AWA when needed. I believe he was face between taking the belt off of Verne and feuding with Hogan.

I have Smokey Mountain's "Night of Legends" where Terry Gordy is a face and I want to say that I've seen him wrestle face at other times too, including during the Free Birds now and again face stints in WCW.

Big John Studd was a face before he retired.