TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest One Trick Pony

John Heidenreich

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Jannetty injured a jobber back in 1990 (I think his name was Chuck Austin...or maybe Chris). Jannetty did the rocker dropper (version of the fame-ass-er), but eithe rJannetty did it wrong, or Austin fell wrong, and the guy I think broke his neck and was paralyzed from the waist down.

I could be wrong. I haven't read about it in a LONG time.

Guest JMA
Is it just me or does this John Heidenwhatever look just like Dan Spivey.

He looks like the bastard child of Sid Vicious and Dan Spivey (The Skyscrapers).

Guest Megatron
People, people, it's not all bad...

Very very soon, WWE will be out of business and the hoss will be out of a job.

It's as simple as that.

-Patrick

Do you honestly believe that? :huh:

I do. :(

People, people, it's not all bad...

Very very soon, WWE will be out of business and the hoss will be out of a job.

It's as simple as that.

-Patrick

You must have a VERY loose definition of the term very soon.

WWE ain't going anywhere for a while

Batista injured someone?

And by injuring someone, does that necessarily make them a bad worker? Edge injured Miguel Perez, Jr.(?) in his WWE debut match as well.

I remember that, it was pretty sickening... :o

I'm pissed because it's Stevie he injured.

Call him a low-carder if you will, but he's MY low-carder, damnit.

Aside from Stevie being one of my obvious favorites, Stevie already has a bunch of neck problems. Neither of which make me happy.

Guest One Trick Pony

At Choken: Those people also have shown that they can be good at wrestling. D'Lo had a good feud with Jarrett, a good match with Val at SS 98, and was charismatic. I'd categorize that as being a freak accident like what happened to Benoit at KOR 01. Owen Hart also had good matches with people for 3 years before he botched that tombstone. To clarify, JR said Austin hasn't forgiven him even though the guy is dead.

Heidenreich had two matches in WWE and already injured a guy who's not hard at all to work with in the ring.

Injuries happen. Some are freak accidents. Some are the cause of wrestlers not knowing how to work. Brock's past has been documented. Orton injured himself doing his finisher and hurt himself and Bubba during a simple move like a flapjack. Rodney Mack could have paralyzed Snow had Snow not tucked in his head really deep. You have to draw the line between freak accidents and sloppy work.

Guest One Trick Pony

I believe Jesus Castillo's injury occured because of the way he landed not because of Edge not knowing how to put him down on the mat correctly. Edge launched at him with that X-Pac move and Jesus's head and neck hit the floor.

*lines up everyone who thinks WWE is going out of business and slaps them all at the same time*

They'll be around for a very long time.......they've got to much money.

Guest One Trick Pony

Am I being dumb again? I thought that was the PPV where Benoit landed on his neck wrong after a bump of the top.

Am I being dumb again? I thought that was the PPV where Benoit landed on his neck wrong after a bump of the top.

That was already going to be Benoit's last match. His neck was hurt from working to hard. It was compounded from working to many matches and to hard of a style for to long.

Guest One Trick Pony

Oh ok. I just remember the match ending looking somewhat abrupt. He also said on confidential or some other thing that it felt really bad when he fell off the top that time. I knew he had been aggravating the neck but I thought that was his last match before the injury.

And yet you call for the head of John Heidenreich because he *might* have injured a Low Carder.

Yeah but Stevie is the man, and has been since ECW. And who in the hell is the Heindenrich cat? Until tonight I had never heard of him or seen him. I thought he was one of the Tough Enough kids.

Guest Quik

Hate the man because he sucks, both as a character and worker (moveset wise); not because he made a mistake.

I believe Jesus Castillo's injury occured because of the way he landed not because of Edge not knowing how to put him down on the mat correctly. Edge launched at him with that X-Pac move and Jesus's head and neck hit the floor.

Edge temporarily paralyzed the guy, when his legs "slammed" onto Perez/Castillo's neck. It's fine for Edge to pull off a regular hurricanrana, but an over-the-top one?

It wasn't a cushioned hurricanrana at all, considering Edge is nearly 240 pounds. It was a freak accident based on Edge's weight and the logic of doing that move without risking injury.

Edge flipped over the top rope and his leg landed right on the guy's head causing it to whip to the side violently...that's how the injury occured.

Oh and Benoit did not get hurt in the KOR 01 match. He was already hurt. The kayfaybe reason for his injury was Jericho's suplex at KOR 01. But he was already hurt going in in reality.

There is definitely some backstage heat on John Heidenreich for his actions during the tag match last night. Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler both acknowledged twice that he did not need to tag in whenever Stevie Richards was tagged in. John stood in the corner and waited for the tag several times. WWE had high hopes with Heidenreich and it was a sign of just how green he really is. The reason guys spend time in OVW before being called up is to learn things such as that.

And who the fuck is Little Johnny you say?

Spoiler (Highlight to Read):

The plan upon his debut was for Little Johnny to be a split personality of John Heidenreich. That may or may not still be the plan, but we should know very shortly.

Credit: Prowrestling.com

There is definitely some backstage heat on John Heidenreich for his actions during the tag match last night. Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler both acknowledged twice that he did not need to tag in whenever Stevie Richards was tagged in. John stood in the corner and waited for the tag several times. WWE had high hopes with Heidenreich and it was a sign of just how green he really is. The reason guys spend time in OVW before being called up is to learn things such as that.

The plan upon his debut was for Little Johnny to be a split personality of John Heidenreich. That may or may not still be the plan, but we should know very shortly.

I figure Little Johnny will end up being something really cheesy, like a sock puppet that he talks to, a la Mr. Garrison and Mr. Hand from South Park, or something.

I don't think not knowing the rules to a stupid intergender tag match should get you too much heat. Botching your own finisher, injuring the guy b/c of it, and taking time from decent wrestlers should, so he's getting it either way.

Edited by BlackRainbow1025

Guest Salacious Crumb

I missed the end of the match so was this as bad as the Mack tiger bomb on Snow earlier in the year?

Yeah I agree about the fact that he looks a lot like Spivey.

One thing to think about is that the WWF is only worth half of what it was worth only a few short years ago. While they have plenty of money they'll be out of business if they don't correct things.

Guest Choken One

I figure Little Johnny will end up being something really cheesy, like a sock puppet that he talks to, a la Mr. Garrison and Mr. Hand from South Park, or something.

I don't think not knowing the rules to a stupid intergender tag match should get you too much heat. Botching your own finisher, injuring the guy b/c of it, and taking time from decent wrestlers should, so he's getting it either way.

The fact that Trish saw it indicates its likely a hand puppet ala "Jericho" in Oz.

Guest Frank The Tank

Why did he do that power bomb backbreaker move anyways? I thought his finisher was a wedgie rock bottom.

Guest Goodear

Wait a minute, wasn't the whole 'not having to tag in thing' due to Victoria tagging in and John and her going nose-to-nose for like a second or two? Because that was honestly one of the more interesting parts of the contest when you had to wonder if Hossenfeffer was crazy enough to beat the heck out of her as well. Other than that, the only other exchange they did that I remember was when Trish was making the hot tag and it would have been stupid for him to just jump in the ring especially after he had been stopped earlier by the referee. The whole heat segment was Victoria on Trish with Stevie coming in illegally if I recall correctly. Some please correct me if I'm wrong.

Guest Deviant

I haven't seen Raw yet, so I don't know what happened. However, people blaming Heidenreich have the argument that there is a difference between a freak accident(ie. D'Lo's powerbomb to Droz) and a person doing a move that they are unable to do or don't know how to do properly/safely. If John dropped him incorrectly, then he is at fault. I agree with this argument.

The same one can be made for Nathan Jones' gut wrench powerbomb on Smackdown, as Benoit landed on his side and basically had to improvise his own landing in mid-air. However, it wasn't a dangerous landing, and the fact that Nathan Jones managed to get in and out of the ring twice and do two moves without embarrassing himself or wrestling as a whole gets him off the hook.

However, Jones had no control over Benoit's landing, while he should have ensured that he landed flat on his back. If he had continued rotating, who knows what could have happened. If Heidenreich made a similar simple error that resulted in Richards landing on his head or something, then yes, John is at fault.

I'll really have to see it for myself.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

Batista knocked somebody's ass out with a lariat early on in his WWE-ness.

It actually gave me hope. As far as I'm concerned, fucking up moves and hurting someone is bad, hurting someone because you freaking nailed them in the face is fun.

As for the match, I'm pretty sure JR noted at the beginning that guys had to wrestle guys, and girls wrestle girls. He changed it up later in the match, so either he forgot, or he was told to change it mid-match.

As for the move, it was sloppy execution on Heidenreich's part. He basically just threw Stevie to the mat. Stevie couldn't control his landing, so Heidenreich is at fault.

So, it's ok for D'Lo, Owen, Edge, Benoit and RVD to make mistakes and injure someone...because they're talented. But if someone like Mack, Orton or Heidenreich does it, damn them to hell.

So, the moral of this story...

As long as you're relatively talented, and have somewhat of a smark following, then go nuts...injure whoever the hell you like.

I'm not saying Heidenreich's not at fault here, but come on...this is just another 'jump on the hate the hoss bandwagon' thread.