TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ANKLELOCK

Jazz Win Again

HAH!! Someone think again on those power ratings. My Jazz were predicted to lose as much as 65 games,but they went 7-1 in the preseason. People say its just the preseason, not big deal. What happens? They already have victories over Portland and now Minnesota. Harpring had 32 points and Ostertag had 21 rebounds as the Jazz "upset" the TWolves 93-88. Whos laughing now?

Guest Mindless_Aggression

Utah's in a crappier position than "Worse team in the league", they're in the horrible "Middle of the road" position, where Portland has been for the past 2 decades. I mean at least if you suck endlessly, you get a chance at the top draft pick, when you're middle of the road, you tend to stay there for awhile, outside of a few upswings here and there.

Guest Mindless_Aggression

I'd seriously love it if Utah won it all. It'd be the ultimate "You stupid fuck" to Malone.

In my power rankings, I had Utah at 28...but right now, they're playing more consistent ball than anyone in the west, with the exception of LA, Dallas and possibly Sacramento and Memphis.

Then again, it's only one week into the season.

As I recall, the Nuggets started out 2-1 last year, too, and only won 15 games.

Ahem. Jazz 91- Phoenix 80. They are for real. :cheers: :cheers:

It's insane how well they are doing. I've always marked for Utah, and believed they had no shot at all this year. Hopefully they'll do OK.

If the Jazz get more than 30 wins, Jerry Sloan deserves coach of the year. Hands down.

Guest HHH123007

The Suns couldn't make any shots tonight....so that explains that.

How about that mohawk?

Ahem. Jazz 91- Phoenix 80. They are for real.  :cheers:  :cheers:

It's insane how well they are doing. I've always marked for Utah, and believed they had no shot at all this year. Hopefully they'll do OK.

If the Jazz get more than 30 wins, Jerry Sloan deserves coach of the year. Hands down.

So if Utah goes 31-51 this season you're saying Sloan deserves coach of the year? Damn, have standards gone way downhill or what

30+ wins and Sloan does deserve a Coach of the Year award. People were predicting the Jazz to end up with wins in the single digits this season. He's winning with perhaps the least talented team in the league. Matt Hapring would be a role player off the bench on most teams, but Sloan has managed to turn him into a star. They look like the Sacramento Kings out there.

Ahem. Jazz 91- Phoenix 80. They are for real.  :cheers:  :cheers:

So if Utah goes 31-51 this season you're saying Sloan deserves coach of the year? Damn, have standards gone way downhill or what

Doc Rivers got the coach of the year with a less crappy team. Granted, that year the Magic went 41-41, but the Jazz are in a much more competitive conference.

Guest Redhawk

If Sloan never won COTY when they were going to the playoffs every year, no way in hell he wins it now. If he takes this roster to the playoffs, however, give him the trophy.