• Howard Dean
    • John Edwards
    • Dick Gephardt
    • John Kerry
    • Dennis Kucinich
    • Joe Lieberman
    • Al Sharpton

Guest JMA

First off, this is a serious thread. Please keep the partisan fighting to a minimum. This is NOT who you want to get the Democratic nomination, this is who you think DESERVES it. With that being said, feel free to vote now.

Sharpton.

He's gotta bring his hairstyle to something respectable first.

I also gotta say nobody. Gephardt is currently my favorite "business as usual" Democrat (a category that includes the likes of Edwards, Kerry, and Graham until he dropped out), Dean is my favorite topsy turvy "business NOT as usual" Democrat (which includes Kucinich, Sharpton, Carol MB)

I have no strong feelings for Clark but I get the feeling he's going to wind up the most electable of them all.

Carol Moseley-Braun, Illinois senator, thinks Chicagoans put ketchup on their hot dogs.

She deserves to be executed for even thinking that thought, let alone saying it.

Except for the moratorium we have on the death penalty right now. Darn.

Jason

Guest Wildbomb 4:20

I'm down to two candidates right now: Howard Dean and John Kerry. Dean is the one guy I think that is the most "marketable" Democrat right now. He isn't the Al Gore type. Added bonus: he's not from the South. Bush will win the South next year, and Dean needs to work on the Northeast, Northern Plains, and West Coast. But with Schwarzenegger picking up California, that state could go to Bush.

Kerry, meanwhile, is the hometown favorite. I've met the guy in person, and he is one of the most laid-back, cool guys to meet. He's not the anally-restrictive politician, thankfully. I'd call him the Clinton of the North, without the sexual allegations to go with him. But anyways...

I voted Dean in the poll.

But with Schwarzenegger picking up California, that state could go to Bush.

Not unless champagne bottles are being uncorked as federal money falls from the skies, and I doubt it will.

Arnold and Bush are in the same party but operate on two different wavelengths on various issues such as guns, abortion, etc.

Guest MD2020
Kerry, meanwhile, is the hometown favorite. I've met the guy in person, and he is one of the most laid-back, cool guys to meet. He's not the anally-restrictive politician, thankfully. I'd call him the Clinton of the North, without the sexual allegations to go with him. But anyways...

I voted Dean in the poll.

Kerry put Swiss Cheese on a Philly Cheesesteak. That makes him a God damned moron.

As of right now, none deserve it. But one of them will pull away in the end.

Guest Salacious Crumb

I think all of the frontrunners have done enough boneheaded things to cost them the nomination.

I think each of them, aside from Sharpton and Edwards, have proven that they are not in touch with your average American.

I think all of the frontrunners have done enough boneheaded things to cost them the nomination.

I think each of them, aside from Sharpton and Edwards, have proven that they are not in touch with your average American.

Are any politicians? All of them are just interested in getting into office, followed by paying back whatever donators helped finance their campaign.

Guest Salacious Crumb

Are any politicians? All of them are just interested in getting into office, followed by paying back whatever donators helped finance their campaign.

Some are. DeWine and Tiberi, Ohio Senator and Rep, are very excellent and very in touch with people in Ohio.

Guest JMA

I get the feeling I should've left Sharpton off this poll. I won't make that mistake again.

I most likely won't be voting for a democrat, or bush. I wonder if Nader is running again.

I think he is. And I'm glad that you are intelligent enough to show your disgust by voting for a third party instead of simply not voting. That never works.

I most likely won't be voting for a democrat, or bush.  I wonder if Nader is running again.

I think he is. And I'm glad that you are intelligent enough to show your disgust by voting for a third party instead of simply not voting. That never works.

Well so far I have only been a part of one presidential race that I could vote for, and that was in 2000 when I voted for Nader. I will most likely do the same thing again.

I most likely won't be voting for a democrat, or bush.  I wonder if Nader is running again.

Well so far I have only been a part of one presidential race that I could vote for, and that was in 2000 when I voted for Nader. I will most likely do the same thing again.

And if he isn't running, vote something crazy like the Prohibition party :D.

And if he isn't running, vote something crazy like the Prohibition party :D.

nah, next after Nader would be libertarian party, even though I do disagree with a lot of Cary Elder's views.

Nader gave an endorsment to Kucinich, but unless he pulls out the biggest political uspet ever, Nader is going to run again from what I've heard.

Sharpton tells Senate to give Justice Janice Brown a fair vote

- Washington Times story

Fuck me, this is beyond belief. It's the last thing I expected, and if I were a Democrat I'd give my vote to Sharpton on the basis of this issue alone. Kudos, Reverend.

Relish the first time in history I'm calling you by your title without significant irony.

"The Rev. Al Sharpton implored Senate Democrats yesterday not to filibuster President Bush's nomination of California Supreme Court Justice Janice Rogers Brown to the nation's second-highest federal court.

Justice Brown, who is black, has come under intense criticism by liberal black groups, such as the NAACP, and by Democrats on the Senate Judiciary Committee. The panel plans to vote this morning on her nomination to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit.

"I don't agree with her politics. I don't agree with some of her background," said Mr. Sharpton, who is seeking the Democratic nomination for president. "But she should get an up-or-down vote."

Mr. Sharpton echoed the concerns of many conservatives - especially black conservatives - that Justice Brown is being opposed because she doesn't conform to the Democratic ideology that many blacks espouse.

"We've got to stop this monolith in black America because it impedes the freedom of expression for all of us," Mr. Sharpton said in a television interview conducted by Sinclair Broadcasting yesterday. "I don't think she should be opposed because she doesn't come from some assumed club."

Mr. Sharpton compared the filibusters to the same sort of "pocket vetoes" used for so long against blacks."