TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest William E

How do you feel about JLA/Avengers so far

Guest William E

I don't see any threads on this so how do you like the crossover so far. I'm enjoying the hell out of it . The first issue set things up great and the second was filled with non stop action. The only thing I'm not feeling was the outcome of Thor vs Superman. I mean why couldn't Supe put Thor over, It's not like he gonna lose any credibility, damn politics :P . My favorite part in issue#2 was when the Avengers showed Superman what happens when you mess with one of the family.

Yeah...Thor should've been able to take out Superman at that point...Supes will definitely be a deciding factor in the end of the series. I'm liking it, but there's just too much going on at times. It's taken me a couple reads to fully take everything in.

Guest William E
Yeah...Thor should've been able to take out Superman at that point...Supes will definitely be a deciding factor in the end of the series. I'm liking it, but there's just too much going on at times. It's taken me a couple reads to fully take everything in.

At another board I post at some thought the same thing about the pace of the story and think that the story would flow better if it was a 12 issue saga instead of four.

The book length is working for me. Since it's a prestige format, it's actually more like 6-8 issues rather than 4. 4 gives you less "to be continued"s to work in.

As for the politics... Busiek is working things in quite nicely, I think. I think everyone would have liked to have seen Cap and Batman go at it, but the teamup is much more logical for the two.

Supes, boring as I find him, is DC's franchise player. It's a given that he'll figure heavily into the finale, and you can see Busiek building towards it as well. Shame, really, but I suppose with the threat level you can't expect Plastic Man to save the world (although I wouldn't miss him if he, you know, dies and never comes back)...

Yeah...Thor should've been able to take out Superman at that point...Supes will definitely be a deciding factor in the end of the series. I'm liking it, but there's just too much going on at times. It's taken me a couple reads to fully take everything in

Even though I really hate Superman and the outcome of that fight pissed me off I learned to live with it. The fact that the other heavy-hitting Avengers piled on Supes and beat the crap out of him amused me to no end. As revealed by the cover to issue #4, he's a main player in the outcome, I'm sure.

As for the story lenght, I have no problem with it. I really doesn't feel like a short-4-issue mini-series, it's longer. The pacing it's ok, and Busiek seems to really have the hang of every character. And you really have to admire George Perez's work. It's a real labor of love for him, I'm sure.

Perez's art is amazing. My problem with the pacing is more due to the fact that there are so many characters going off an doing different things. In the second issue I felt that there was a lot going on that I missed on.

Guest The Last Free Voice

I love it. Although I don't like the fact Krona is a major player. It seems like Crisis V.2 at some points.

Guest The Midnight Rocking Warrior

I'm new to this, who has fought whom and who won?

Let's see if I remember, although I think there were few truly decisive victories:

Superman beat Thor

Iron Man, Hercules, Wonder Man, Vision beat Superman

Captain America and Batman went to a mutually-agreed "draw (even if Bats somewhat admitted Cap could beat him, but it would take a while)

Wonder Woman had advantage over Hercules

She-Hulk was basically toying with Aquaman

Superman beat Warbird

Wonder Man was about to beat Green Lantern until Supes made the save

Flash beat Quicksilver on his Universe and Quicksilver took revenge on his Universe (see, the Speed-Force's only available on DC Earth)

Iron Man beat Green Arrow, Captain Atom (with a Hawkeye assist), Flash and a few other guys as well (he was also enhanced by Mother Box)

Scarlet Witch beat Hawkman, Black Canary and Blue Beetle

That's what I remember at the time. Any I missed or got wrong? Help is welcomed.

Firestorm and Red Tornado defeated Vision and Thor

I don't think that's actually true. Firestorm trapped Thor in an "elemental cage" and The Vision unsuccesfully tried to do his intangible-hand-through-the-chest thingie and received some sort of energy feedback. Not exactly defeating the guys, although they did manage to grab the prize first.

So I should point out that I tried to show who beat who in the fighting sense, not who beat who in the prize-seeking sense. They were 7-5 in the latter in favor of the DC guys, but only because Captain America let Batman win it.

What do you mean Captain America let bat " Win it"?

What do you mean Captain America let bat " Win it"?

Quicksilver had the Cosmic Cube secure (it was the last item to be found) and that would have meant a 6-6 tie between JLA and Avengers, but Captain America and Batman figured out the GameMaster and Krona's game, so Cap made Quicksilver drop the prize with his shield, thus allowing Batman to claim it and win the game, which meant that Krona had to depart this Universe and go mess with somebody else.

Thanks, I thought you meant a fight ( Whew!)

Was the Green arrow that Iron man beat ollie or Connor? And for the wonderwoman/ Hercules fight, did it turn out to be a draw? And on the subject of green Lanterns..... since Hal became the spectre, has he fought any other heroes? Thanks

The Green Arrow in question was none other than Ollie. As for the Hal-Spectre, he kinda tussled with the Justice League in the Specter/Justice League cross over mini series.

They kind of just wound up stop fighting, so it's not like there was a winner or a loser. I would assume that the Spectre would kick ass in seven different ways, after all he's backed by God's spirit of vengeance and redemption.

Yeah...Thor should've been able to take out Superman at that point...Supes will definitely be a deciding factor in the end of the series. I'm liking it, but there's just too much going on at times. It's taken me a couple reads to fully take everything in

Even though I really hate Superman and the outcome of that fight pissed me off I learned to live with it. The fact that the other heavy-hitting Avengers piled on Supes and beat the crap out of him amused me to no end. As revealed by the cover to issue #4, he's a main player in the outcome, I'm sure.

As for the story lenght, I have no problem with it. I really doesn't feel like a short-4-issue mini-series, it's longer. The pacing it's ok, and Busiek seems to really have the hang of every character. And you really have to admire George Perez's work. It's a real labor of love for him, I'm sure.

That beatdown Supes got from the Avengers heavy hitters was a mark-out moment, now if they had the incredible Hulk beat the crap out of Superman as a payback from the DC V. Marvel screw job match they had years ago, i'll be a happy man.

Hey, Sass, nice to have you back.

The book is better than I expected

That quote is LESS than I expected from you. Come on, man, you can do better than that.

I'm going to wait this one out before I take a solid stance on the book.

B-)

So far I like what I have seen.

Come to think of it, aren't the only heroes the Hulk hasn't beaten ( He immobilized and buried Batman) Superman and Thor?

Come to think of it, aren't the only heroes the Hulk hasn't beaten ( He immobilized and buried Batman) Superman and Thor?

Iron Man.

The Sub-Mariner has also managed to hold his own against the Hulk when they've fought one-on-one but each fight ended in a no-contest.

Holy crap! Issue Three is the best one yet! It's also the best super-hero comic of the year!!