TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lightning Flik

The One And Only Smackdown Thread (11/14/03)

TAG TEAM TITLES ON THE LINE

Nov. 13, 2003

Just 72 hours before Survivor Series, SmackDown! promises to shed some more light on what could be one of the most exciting events of the year for WWE.

On SmackDown!, Kurt Angle is expected to announce the final member of Team Angle as that member will team with Chris Benoit to take on WWE Champion Brock Lesnar and U.S. Champion the Big Show. There has been a lot of speculation as to who the fifth member of Team Angle will be … on SmackDown! he will be revealed.

Also on SmackDown!, Los Guerreros will be seeking another run at the WWE Tag Team Championship, when they face the Basham Brothers. Last week, Eddie Guerrero paved the way for this match by ending a recent slump and stunning the Bashams in a Handicap Match. Now that Latino Heat seems to have his swagger back, can Los Guerreros gain back the Tag Team Championship? Tune in to find out!

SmackDown! will also feature Kurt Angle facing Nathan Jones, and Bradshaw squaring off with A-Train. With the entire membership of Team Angle facing Team Lesnar is one capacity or another, something exciting is bound to happen on SmackDown! Also, Mr. McMahon and Undertaker will have their final comments before their Buried Alive Match on Sunday. What will they have to say? Will there be any last-second developments before Survivor Series? Only one way to find out … watch SmackDown! this Thursday at 8/7 CT on UPN!

FANS IN MINNEAPOLIS: SmackDown! will not air at its normal time this week on WFTC. Catch it Thursday beginning at 11 p.m.

Come on people. Twice I get to do this thread? You people really are starting to slack off here.

Edit: And I'm a fucking moron for screwing up the date. Geezus, I'm no better than ya all.

...like that was a surprise.

Edited by Vitiated Spirit

Just 72 hours before Survivor Series, SmackDown! promises to shed some more light on what could be one of the most exciting events of the year for WWE.

Survivor Series? "Could be one..."--man, they're going out on a limb for that one, eh?

On SmackDown!, Kurt Angle is expected to announce the final member of Team Angle as that member will team with Chris Benoit to take on WWE Champion Brock Lesnar and U.S. Champion the Big Show. There has been a lot of speculation as to who the fifth member of Team Angle will be … on SmackDown! he will be revealed.

CRASH! HE FAKED HIS DEATH...*sigh* Whatever. I guess it's nice that they're actually building a wrestling storyline here, but I'm not too excited.

Also on SmackDown!, Los Guerreros will be seeking another run at the WWE Tag Team Championship, when they face the Basham Brothers. Last week, Eddie Guerrero paved the way for this match by ending a recent slump and stunning the Bashams in a Handicap Match. Now that Latino Heat seems to have his swagger back, can Los Guerreros gain back the Tag Team Championship? Tune in to find out!

Bashams vs. Guerreros could be good, although the expectation of a 4 minute match and a lousy finish is quite apparent.

SmackDown! will also feature Kurt Angle facing Nathan Jones

Kurt isn't, has never been, and never will be good enough to make that worth watching.

, and Bradshaw squaring off with A-Train.

A-Train...(see above for Kurt). Well, Buffy will be happy at least.

With the entire membership of Team Angle facing Team Lesnar is one capacity or another

Screwing up ONE LETTER can make you sound like an idiot, folks.

something exciting is bound to happen on SmackDown!

I wouldn't bet on it.

Also, Mr. McMahon and Undertaker will have their final comments before their Buried Alive Match on Sunday. What will they have to say?

Who cares? I expect BLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAH!!

Will there be any last-second developments before Survivor Series?

Considering that it's still 3 days away, I DON'T THINK WE'D KNOW TONIGHT!! I expect a Cruiser match or something to be added on Heat, then the wrestlers in it can have some of the blame heaped upon them for the shitty buyrate this will draw.

Only one way to find out … watch SmackDown! this Thursday at 8/7 CT on UPN!

Or...read a show report. Or ask one of your friends who still watches the show afterward. Or if you're familiar with what we do, take a wild guess and you might be right.

As for watching this shitty show...hmm...study for a test...SD. Study for a test...SD...

Sorry, SD.

SmackDown! will also feature Kurt Angle facing Nathan Jones

Kurt isn't, has never been, and never will be good enough to make that worth watching.

I hear ya. I hope Nathan Jones can carry that worthless lug Kurt Angle. :D

Guest Besus

DO NOT POST ANY SPOILERS IN THIS THREAD. SOMEONE ALWAYS DO EVERYWEEK.

DISCUSS THOSE DAMN SPOILERS IN THE OTHER THREADS.

Guest Boo_Bradley

When I heard the 1st few cords of the SD! theme, I thought it was Razor Ramon's music....

Geez Louise, this Nathan Jones is one big boy. I don't think the smaller, bald guy stands much of a chance here. Bah Gawd, Jones is agile for a big man. I wonder if his inexperience will cost him.

EDIT --- Holy Moly, is there anything this Jones can't do. Those were some AWESOME bodyslams! I'm surprised red boy's back isn't broken.

Guest Boo_Bradley

Head butts and shoulder rams in the corner....

Matt Morgan has the same moveset as 1988 Andre the Giant

Does that include the "put opponent in corner, and ram backside into person" move?

Guest Boo_Bradley
Was this worse than Hacksaw vs Bossman?

Er, don't know. Only watched the Rumble match itself.

Brutus/Genius Garvin/Valentine are good on there as well.....

What's the other match Wackers vs Rougeaus? *Slaps head*

Back before Angle broke his arm, Holly was close to being that over with the fans. Only thing different is back then there were no Holly chants. Of course with Holly being this over as a face, they'll turn him heel and have him and Brock run through the SD! roster. I call it the "Power Trip Rule."

Guest Boo_Bradley

Does that include the "put opponent in corner, and ram backside into person" move?

Rikishi has that trademarked