TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest drdrainoscott

Ric Flair DVD

Guest Dynamite Kido

Yea, what the fuck. I love butchering my cover for the security stickers. By the way, this dvd fucking ownz........

Guest Coffey

That shit happened to me as well. I was so fucking pissed, I almost took it back right there so I could exchange it. Then I realized that would happen to each DVD because the fucking stickers are under the goddamn plastic connected to the paper fucking cover.

For $37, it would've been nice to have it mint for at least a fucking day!!

You have to destroy it anyway if you want the 5 dollar rebate from FYE, you have to send in the UPC code.

Very true Dynamite

But then I start to watch the collection again, and my anger subsides.

Shall we declare this greatest Wrestling Home Video release ever (even eclipsing THE Best of Starrcade 83-87?)

After watching the Heenen footage, let me again say how much it sucks that he had to get so sick. His personality is exactly what wrestling needs right now: over-the-top rooting for the heel, over-the-top hatred for the face. Not worried about who he's friends with in real life, not worried about screaming about tits-n-ass, just calling the match and getting the wrestlers over. Why did the Brain have to get so sick?!?

You guys should have just used a hair dryer on the security stickers. When I noticed that the top one wasn't gonna budge, I quickly went and got mine and just put it on the sticker for a minute or two and then they came off with no problems.

Guest Goodear

Steam will do the same thing, just boil some water and wave the sticker over it a bit and taaa freaking daaaa.

Guest Dynamite Kido
You guys should have just used a hair dryer on the security stickers. When I noticed that the top one wasn't gonna budge, I quickly went and got mine and just put it on the sticker for a minute or two and then they came off with no problems.

Hey, awesome idea.....considering that most people paid a friggin arm and a leg for it though you shouldn't have to use steam to open the bastard.

After watching the Heenen footage, let me again say how much it sucks that he had to get so sick. His personality is exactly what wrestling needs right now: over-the-top rooting for the heel, over-the-top hatred for the face. Not worried about who he's friends with in real life, not worried about screaming about tits-n-ass, just calling the match and getting the wrestlers over. Why did the Brain have to get so sick?!?

They fucking buried him before he got sick. WCW put him on the crap shows then dumped him. Vince brought him in for WM and then they never called him back. Then he got sick.

Guest Dynamite Kido

I actually heard (like many others) that Heenan is now fine, and all the cancer is gone. At the time I believe he said he has been speaking with Vince about a return. However I doubt full time return though.

Guest drdrainoscott

In the Observer a few weeks ago, Dave wrote that Hennan spoke to Vince, and that he should be brought back for Wrestlemania, if not sooner.

How awesome would a Bobby Hennan DVD be? All the matches with his greatest commentary. That would be Gold!

I have to say that I love these threads where people hype up new WWE DVD's which aren't out in the UK for a bit. The Bloodbath thread made me go straight to the Silvervision website to pre-order it at a reduced rate, and it's great. Now this thread has made me go order the Ric Flair one for a bargain £21. I'm so excited I had to go watch my video of the 92 Rumble again.

This DVD is the best now, but it will clearly be replaced very soon by 'The Undertaker: He Buries Them Alive'. Classic matches include vs Kawng, vs Jim Neidhart, vs Yokozuna, vs. Jerry Lawler, and of course, vs. Fake Undertaker!

How awesome would a Bobby Hennan DVD be? All the matches with his greatest commentary. That would be Gold!

It is indeed amazing how good commentary can raise a bad match into an at least palatable match

See also: Scott Levy's commentary for the Jannety-Michaels cage match on the Bloodbath DVD

Guest drdrainoscott
How awesome would a Bobby Hennan DVD be?  All the matches with his greatest commentary.  That would be Gold!

It is indeed amazing how good commentary can raise a bad match into an at least palatable match

See also: Scott Levy's commentary for the Jannety-Michaels cage match on the Bloodbath DVD

The only reason why I watch the Wrestling Gold DVD's are because of the commentary of Meltzer and Cornette. They make horrible matches so much better because I am learning stuff while watching. I think a Bobby Hennan DVD is seriously an awesome idea. Since we know that it isn't going to happen, maybe some one can start to make a comp....

I actually heard (like many others) that Heenan is now fine, and all the cancer is gone. At the time I believe he said he has been speaking with Vince about a return. However I doubt full time return though.

Although I've heard he's cancer free, people who have met him or seen him recently say he looks pretty bad. One of the sheets mentioned he was at Hawk's funeral and many didn't recognize him because he had lost so much weight. It reminds me of Gorilla Monsoon's condition shortly before he passed :(

"If you are looking for the WWE Ultimate Ric Flair Collection DVD set and can't find it, you aren't alone.

The entire first printing run of the three volume set dedicated to the former NWA, WWF and WCW World champion has sold out in two days, making the release one of the most popular and profitable in WWE history..

"It's incredible," said one retail source. "We've sold four times more than we usually do for WWE DVDs, and this has only been out for two days."

Sony is rushing another printing out, but it won't be available for shipping until next week. If you are looking for the DVD and come across it in your local store, don't pass it up. You may not be so lucky if you go back for it later.

The collection features complete classic matches against Ricky Steamboat, Terry Funk, Harley Race, Sting, and Barry Windham as well as Flair's complete 1992 Royal Rumble victory"

Guest Ray
"If you are looking for the WWE Ultimate Ric Flair Collection DVD set and can't find it, you aren't alone.

The entire first printing run of the three volume set dedicated to the former NWA, WWF and WCW World champion has sold out in two days, making the release one of the most popular and profitable in WWE history..

"It's incredible," said one retail source. "We've sold four times more than we usually do for WWE DVDs, and this has only been out for two days."

Sony is rushing another printing out, but it won't be available for shipping until next week. If you are looking for the DVD and come across it in your local store, don't pass it up. You may not be so lucky if you go back for it later.

The collection features complete classic matches against Ricky Steamboat, Terry Funk, Harley Race, Sting, and Barry Windham as well as Flair's complete 1992 Royal Rumble victory"

Thank god for this.

Maybe WWE will get the message and start putting out more quality DVD's.

I'd kill for a three disc Steve Austin or Bret Hart collection.

I finally found my copy at FYE this evening and snapped it up. It's the only place in town to have ANY copies.

I love it so far.

Of course, you KNOW they'll release a sequel to this great set. And I'll be getting that too!

-Ben

See, pleasing smarks = $$$$

It's definitely not ALL smarks, though.

I know of a HELL of a lot of friends here at college, who have turned away from wrestling in the last three to four years, who've ordered this set for their own collection.

The DVD sales is awesome news for those who want more nostalgic footage reprinted.