TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
treble

"Homosexuality Should Be Outlawed"

Alliance MP fired over anti-gay comments

OTTAWA -- Canadian Alliance MP Larry Spencer was fired Thursday as the party's family issues critic and temporarily resigned from caucus after making controversial remarks about homosexuals.

Alliance Leader Stephen Harper said Spencer's comments on homosexuality were unacceptable and do not reflect the party's stance on gays.

Spencer had told the Vancouver Sun that homosexuality should be outlawed and cited a "well-orchestrated" conspiracy that began in the 1960s and led to recent successes in the gay-rights movement.

The Saskatchewan MP said the conspiracy included the seduction and recruitment of young boys in playgrounds and locker rooms and the deliberate infiltration of North American's judiciary, schools, religious community and entertainment industry.

The movement's progress in gaining public acceptance for homosexuality would have been slowed if former prime minister Pierre Trudeau had not legalized homosexuality in 1969, said Spencer, a U.S.-born former Baptist pastor.

He also said he thinks "it's so sad that we have to take an issue like this and be asked to put the Good Housekeeping seal of approval on it without being allowed to tell the truth and talk about facts."

One of those facts is that homosexuals, due to AIDS and other health problems, have a far lower life expectancy than straight men, Spencer said. "Let's just say if . . . anybody that used Colgate toothpaste, their life expectancy was lowered by 10, 15 years. What do you think would happen to Colgate toothpaste? It would be outlawed. Well, we know that's what happens to men living a gay lifestyle."

Spencer told the Sun there will soon be strong pushes to legalize polygamy and pedophilia.

He also said people who have been practising homosexuals for most of their adult lives, like New Democratic MP Svend Robinson, could transform themselves into heterosexuals.

He pointed out that someone could hate long-distance running or weightlifting but then train themselves in that area and learn to love it.

"So the human body can be sensitized or desensitized. The mind or the conscience . . . can be sharpened against right or wrong. It can be desensitized to think that whatever is wrong that's around us is nothing but natural and we begin to accept that."

Spencer represents the riding of Regina-Lumsden-Lake Centre.

Some of the replys to this article are surprising, like this one here. Some are saying that this could hurt the chances of the Tories and Alliance merging to 'Unite the Right', which I find absolutely hilarious.

Canadian Alliance MP Larry Spencer was fired Thursday as the party's family issues critic.

And I thought the U.S. had some goofy titles.

the conspiracy included the seduction and recruitment of young boys in playgrounds and locker rooms...

Wow, taking a book from the Catholic Church's playbook -- guess these two groups aren't that different after all...

One of those facts is that homosexuals, due to AIDS and other health problems, have a far lower life expectancy than straight men, Spencer said. "Let's just say if . . . anybody that used Colgate toothpaste, their life expectancy was lowered by 10, 15 years. What do you think would happen to Colgate toothpaste? It would be outlawed. Well, we know that's what happens to men living a gay lifestyle."

And cigarettes are guaranteed to lower the life expectancy of its users, yet are perfectly legal, as they should be. When something is up to one person's own conscious decision, after they have thought (if even for only a second or less) about the positive and negative outcomes, then it should be legal.

Of course, I'm not saying heroin, cocaine, crack, etc. should be legal, but I am saying that calling homosexuality a possible cause of death is ludacris, and to deny somebody the right to lower their own life expectancy is immoral.

Well, if this wasn't totally predictable. An Alliance MP went and put his foot in his mouth about an important issue right before a federal election.

The Alliance makes me sick. Their views and policies would set the country back 35 years, their obvious anti-incumbency no matter what the issue is laughable, and they don't seem to have one member with an ounce of sense as to what to say or how to act in the public eye. If, once the Libs win Election 2004, the Alliance goes on another pro-West tirade on how the only reason the Libs keep winning is because they control Ontario and Quebec, I may just piss myself laughing. Here we have Her Majesty's Loyal Opposition, yet nobody in the party seems to know how to run the ship. Let's face it, the CA gets the majority of its votes in Alberta, which doesn't hold much water because all the voters know is what our über-right-wing, anti-East propagandist provincial government feeds them.

This combination of the Alliance and Tories is just a last-ditch effort to salvage something out of the two parties before both officially go down the tubes. Canada, get ready for Liberal majorities for years to come.

Let's face it, the CA gets the majority of its votes in Alberta, which doesn't hold much water because all the voters know is what our über-right-wing, anti-East propagandist provincial government feeds them.

This combination of the Alliance and Tories is just a last-ditch effort to salvage something out of the two parties before both officially go down the tubes. Canada, get ready for Liberal majorities for years to come.

They sure ain't getting MY ALBERTAN fucking vote.

I vote Liberal as they are the only fucking sane ones nowadays. I fear the CA because of this shit, the PC are just really stupid right now, and the NDP is well the NDF'NP. 'nuff said.

But of ALL the times for the CA to make a mistake like this, it was the worst time. I swear all of the CA is bunch of idiots.

The only reason why I'd vote PC (Klein) back into my own province's government, is because, even though the guy is making a lot of mistakes, he balances them out.

I might vote Liberal now that that fucking disgrace Chretien is going to be out, because God knows I don't have faith in either the PC or CA either. I would vote for them if Chretien was running again though.

Ontario has elected him to three straight majorities and he still pisses on us.

It worries me, as it should many others that there is no effective opposition to the Liberals. They've done a marvelous job of capturing the centre, plus as stated they have no real opposition.

What I find most laughable of all is the Liberals are elected to majorities using the exact same policies as the Mulroney PC's, policies which the voters punished the PC's by nearly annhilating them at the polls, leaving them with only two seats.

I might vote Liberal now that that fucking disgrace Chretien is going to be out, because God knows I don't have faith in either the PC or CA either. I would vote for them if Chretien was running again though.

Ontario has elected him to three straight majorities and he still pisses on us.

You really hate Chretien that much? I didn't think he was that bad, but I think Paul Martin will be a lot better, and hey, how many other world leaders can say that Bono has travelled halfway across the world to support them?

Man, I thought the American parties had problems....

Well, I know it's not just the party, but he WAS born in the US.

You really hate Chretien that much? I didn't think he was that bad, but I think Paul Martin will be a lot better, and hey, how many other world leaders can say that Bono has travelled halfway across the world to support them?

I know the world doesn't hold the highest opinions of my President, and neither do I. But at least he has higher ambitions than wanting to retire and smoke pot all day.

I think Paul Martin will do a better job, but I'm going to laugh if he suddently gets hounded about this Africa AIDS thing.

"Hey, Bono said you would do that!" :wacko:

Jean Chretien is just about the worst prime minister we have ever had. He's worse than Brian Mulroney, and almost as bad as Arthur Meighen and John Diefenbaker.

I would rather have either Bush or Clinton over this guy. At least they are leaders. Chretien has cared about nothing but his 'legacy' (or for his mentor Pierre Trudeau) from the get go. I can't think of a single good thing that he did in office besides balance the budget and it was Paul Martin that did that anyways. He killed the dollar, raised taxes to alarming levels, set back Canadian-American relations 200 years, almost lost Quebec to seperation, and makes a goddamn fool of himself (and us by association) every time he opens his mouth. He is nothing more than a disgrace, who kept getting re-elected simply because Canadians keep on voting for the Liberal Party. If we had a system similar to the US, he would never get elected since his personal approval ratings are abismal. His own party basically pulled a mutiny against him by forcing him into retirement and overwhelmingly supporting Martin who Chretien personally hates. Chretien would rather see the Tories win the next election than Martin be Prime Minister he is so bitter.

He is a disgrace.

I like the idea of directly voting for the leader of the country, but I can't see an american electoral system working here, for various reasons.

Guest JumpinJackFlash

I haven't read the article, but I agree with the title. Homosexuality should be banned. Its bad, wrong, and Ughhhh(well, the men's way only; the women are HOT, well the women who are actually lesbians are ugly mahly dikes anyways).

I prefer the man on woman relationship. Heterosexuality all the way! And if we can't get rid of homosexuality, can we at least get rid of their bitching? I was watching Ultimate Albums for the Marshall Mathers LP and these GLAAD people kept complaining over his lyrics! Well, boo-hoo! :P

I haven't read the article, but I agree with the title. Homosexuality should be banned.

Please post less.

well the women who are actually lesbians are ugly mahly dikes anyways

No, wait, I take that back. Please post more. We have someone here who's just dying to meet you.

I haven't read the article, but I agree with the title. Homosexuality should be banned.

Please post less.

well the women who are actually lesbians are ugly mahly dikes anyways

No, wait, I take that back. Please post more. We have someone here who's just dying to meet you.

I'm pretty sure he's joking. He just has to be.

Right?

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent
Jean Chretien is just about the worst prime minister we have ever had. He's worse than Brian Mulroney, and almost as bad as Arthur Meighen and John Diefenbaker.

I

Government Savings Tax.

Thats all I have to say.

Mulroney hosed us.

He was terrible.

I'm pretty sure Stockwell Day said something along the lines of "we should make sure that all children are taught from a young age not to be gay" or something like that. That's stupid on so many levels.

At least Preston was reppin' the Refoooooorm party on Royal Canadian Air Farce. Show sucked, but I still remember him being on it one time.

I think it's actually Goods & Services Tax and it was just an extra 7% on top of sales tax on most purchases.

It is called that, and it is on everything but food, residence and medical services to the best of my knowledge.

At least Preston was reppin' the Refoooooorm party on Royal Canadian Air Farce. Show sucked, but I still remember him being on it one time.

The Air Farce SUCKS?

I challenge you to a duel.

Of course every prime minister will be bad if we compair them to Trudeau.

Chretein had some bright sides, but his negatives out weigh the good

Of course every prime minister will be bad if we compair them to Trudeau.

Chretein had some bright sides, but his negatives out weigh the good

I didn't like Trudeau either. McDonald, Laurier, Borden, King & Pearson were all better than him.

Trudeau brought us the Charter, so that is probably the only real reason people like him. It's a shame he caved into the separatists and let the notwithstanding clause be included, effectively rendering the charter a worthless piece of paper.

Trudeau brought us the Charter, so that is probably the only real reason people like him. It's a shame he caved into the separatists and let the notwithstanding clause be included, effectively rendering the charter a worthless piece of paper.

He was also extremely charismatic and a great public speaker. Don't disregard that. It was a large part of his popularity.