TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
haVoc

Hart Family Mansion For Sale

HART FAMILY MANSION UP FOR SALE 

If you've got a cool two million dollars (Canadian), the dungeon can be all yours.

The Hart Family officially put thair father's mansion in Calgary, Alberta Canada up for sale last week. Stu Hart, who passed away on 10/16, first bought the 22-room in 1951 for just $25,000.

Hart raised his famous wrestling family at the home, also putting up countless wrestlers during their time in the old Stampede Wrestling territory. The basement of the home doubled as the infamous "Dungeon" where Stu stretched an infinite processional of would-be and professional wrestlers. The zaniness of the house has always had a legend of it's own from those who have spent time there, as well documented in biographies published of Stu Hart, Owen Hart, Diana Hart, and the Dynamite Kid, in recent years.

According to a Canada.com article, there is hope that someone will buy and restore the home, possibly turning it into a museum dedicated to Hart and the local history of professional wrestling in Calgary.

Credit: 1Wrestling

Vince should buy this house and let the Harts and/or others use it as a training facility for Canadian wrestlers. It would be a shame not to do something with this place for all the rich history behind it.

Guest CronoT
I'm guessing Vince buys it, only to burn it down and piss on the ashes. It's a good metaphor.

Good way to get WWE banned in Canada.

Guest Choken One

Idiots.

You do realize the Close friendship Vince and Stu had right? If vince were to buy it...He wouldn't "burn it down".

I could actually See Vince buying the house since it's good property and he can use it for many things.

I could see Jericho, Storm, and all the Stampeders pitching in to buy the place to perserve it's legancy...

Why doesn't Bret buy it?

I think someone should buy it, smash it down and put up a car park.

Why?

Why else. Because people need places to park their cars.

Guest Choken One

You are aware the house is on top of a Hill with just mountains around it right?

You are aware the house is on top of a Hill with just mountains around it right?

No..

In that case, a freeway! The "Stu Hart memorial" freeway!

Guest Choken One

I'm willing to bet they already have a Highway named after Stu Hart...and a City as well.

Guest CronoT
I'm willing to bet they already have a Highway named after Stu Hart...and a City as well.

Yeah, you know how those wacky Canadians are.

:P

Yeah, they should make "Hartsville, Alberta" and paint the town pink and black.

I concur about making it into a museum. Wasn't a scene or two from Wrestling With Shadows filmed at the Hart House? That was a cool mansion. But I'm confused: it says it's in Calgary, then says it's on a hill surrounded by only mountains. So is it actually in metropolitan Calgary, or just rural Alberta?

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

It's the house on haunted hill! LOL

The ghosts of all the dead Harts haunt anyone who dare step in their property.

Guest CronoT
It's the house on haunted hill! LOL

The ghosts of all the dead Harts haunt anyone who dare step in their property.

By challenging them to a wrestling match.

Best two out of three falls.

That house is huge. I wouldn't mind using the Dungeon as a Hart tribute, but with something that big an owner could easily make the place into a museum that represents the whole business. Everything from the MLB to country music has a Hall Of Fame, why not pro wrestling? In a building of historical significance in one of wrestling's most popular regions.

Whoever buys it should really talk to McMahon about getting such an idea going since he owns the tapes to just about everything and probably has a bunch of costumes, titles, etc all sitting in a big warehouse somewhere.

Guest Redhawk
Idiots.

You do realize the Close friendship Vince and Stu had right? If vince were to buy it...He wouldn't "burn it down".

I don't think Vince would burn it down either, but just because him and Stu were friends doesn't mean Vince wouldn't do something that a lot of people saw as disrespectful in the house. For example, whenever WWE came to the area, there would end up being a segment of RAW/Smackdown shot at the Hart house (kind of like that one bar in Rhode Island or wherever it is). And I don't think Vince would feel it was disrespectful or anything, either. If they had a hardcore match spill over into the house, or if they had Bischoff do something stupid and unfunny inside the house, it would just be a "Stu would want whatever's best for business," type of thing.

Guest AllCanadian
Hell, I can afford $2 million Canadian. That's like $200 American.

Good call coming from someone's who lives in a country with a rapidly plunging dollar.

Lou Thesz always wanted a Wrestling Hall Of Fame. Before I found this article I was wondering which city it should be in, and now it's clear it should be in Calgary. I'm sure the city would rally behind this move, because that would surely be great for tourism.

Tough Enough 4 @ the Hart mansion! Canadian style, brother!

Search Canada for people wanting to get into the business. Have Al Snow, Lance Storm and who ever be the trainers. They could have Benoit, Jericho and maybe, if there was a god, a special appearance by Bret Hart himself to help the kids.

Now MTV is done, get TNN to agree to show the show every week after Smackdown!

BTW, there is a Wrestling Hall of Fame here in my area. It's only been open a year or so.

http://www.pwhf.org/

Edited by Fear Havoc