TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Corino 1000

RED and SAT to open a wrestling school

Guest Corino 1000

"The Maximo Brothers and the Amazing Red are proud to announce the opening of their Pro Wrestling School in Brooklyn, NY!!!!!!!! They already enrolled several students from ALL over, including Japan and England. There are only a few open slots left, and the guys have decided to give YOU, the fans, an opportunity to fill them. "

Wow I never thought I'd see the day when people who need training are training other people.....Well expect more spotty wrestlers coming out of that school. :(

It all depends on the student. If the teacher can teach them certain elements of pro wrestling, and the student uses those elements and goes off in their own direction, then the student could become great.

Guest Corino 1000
It all depends on the student. If the teacher can teach them certain elements of pro wrestling, and the student uses those elements and goes off in their own direction, then the student could become great.

What elemnts of pro wrestling do the SAT know... ***Besides doing backflips ect.***

Guest trickstyle_360
The Briscoes got trained by VAN HAMMER.

WHAT??????????

It's true, but not only did Van Hammer train them, but also Glen Osbourne(who is worse than Hammer) were a part of training them.

Guest OSIcon

Most schools are just going to teach the basics. As bad as Van Hammer was, I am sure he knows how to bump, do some basic holds, some basic moves (arm drags, hip tosses, ect.) and things like that. The rest is just picked up along the way with further practice, instruction, and experience.

As long as the SAT and Red stick to teaching the basics instead of jumping right into teaching silkly double team moves and rolling piledrivers, then their school won't exactly be a bad thing.

Guest ligerbomb03

Red needs to learn how to wrestle first before trying to teach anyone else.

Guest Markingout
The Briscoes got trained by VAN HAMMER.

WHAT??????????

It's true, but not only did Van Hammer train them, but also Glen Osbourne(who is worse than Hammer) were a part of training them.

Didn't they also get trained by Zandig and Wifebeater along the line. A day at the Maximos wrestling school,"Now that you can bump,you can skip all the other stuff, and start doing topes from inside to the outside."

The Briscoes were trained first at ECWA's WrestleTech School, where Glenn Osbourne was the head trainer. They then went to the CZW school and were trained by Jon Dahmer and - yes, indeed - none other than Van Hammer.

The SAT's school has been open for awhile now. They've already trained their brother, Willy Maximo, who has worked for the now defunct PWA in CT (I've seen him live, but didn't realize that he was their brother at the time, so I didn't pay much attention to him) and was backstage at the 8/16 ROH show in CT. Angel Maximo is another trainee of The SATs, I think. I'm basing that on the fact that he/she (?) has the same last name and regularly works the same USA Pro shows as they do.

Didn't they also get trained by Zandig and Wifebeater along the line

You'd get a better answer if you asked this on the ROH board, but I don't think either of those guys ever trained the Briscoes, and to my knowledge Wifebeater has never trained anybody, thankfully.

Guest Max Peter David

Lesson 2: How to sell

(Joel hits the Backdrop driver on Jose)

(Jose kicks out at one and kips up).

Lesson 3: How to actively sell a limb

Student Takes back breaker grabs back and goes for a suplex and can't lift the other guy due to selling his back

Red: Noooooo, do the suplex, and just remember anyone asks, Adrenaline...

Wow...I guess you'll learn how to take 11 powerbombs and 24 other moves that drop you on your head and learn to kick out...even though heavyweights can't.

Fuck the SAT and fuck that little Red.

Spotmonkeys

Lesson 2: How to sell

(Joel hits the Backdrop driver on Jose)

(Jose kicks out at one and kips up).

You forgot the seven minutes of convulsing.

Student match is taking place...one student rakes the others eyes and throws on a headlock

RED: "Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! What are you doing?"

Student A lets go of headlock

Student A: "Wearing him down while he's off balance."

RED: "Out of the ring! I'll show you how it's done."

Student B and Red resume the match. Red redoes eye rake spot. Then climes to the top rope and does a moonsault...then back to the top rope and does a shooting star...then back to the top and another shooting star.

JOEL: "See, and eye rake is always followed up by a moonsault and double shooting stars...haven't we taught you anything? I don't think you're cut out for the wrestling business."

RED and SATs shake their heads in disapointment

Guest The Last Free Voice

red and SAT are spotty, but i don't think they deserve that much hate...

Anyone who gets dropped on their head 28 times in a match and kicks out every single time deserved it.

They make heavyweights look like shit later in the show when someone jobs to a powerbomb or brainbuster.

I wouldn't mind their spotmonkey work if they at least sold moves right.

Guest Corino 1000

Yes I agree. Th SAT and Red don't deserve this much hate even if they are spotmachimes.

I've really enjoyed some of thier matches. I remember at MLW Wargames they were suppose to face AMW but they couldn't show so It was Super Dragon and Juventud Guerrera v.s SAT. Probally 6th on my list for the night(All the other matches rocked).

Guest Markingout

"red and SAT are spotty, but i don't think they deserve that much hate..."

They also give wrestling a bad name doing all the jumping bean crap. Also its not hate,everyone is just making jokes because well the freaking SAT are opening a school. They need training themselves. It is quite a humorous thing.

Guest Markingout

I guess I could put it this way. Red and the SAT make wrestling look like gymnastics. Like old school BYW made wrestling look like just hardcore junk. Then BYW got popular, and wrestling got sterioptyped. Thats what I mean't.