TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
haVoc

Wrestlemania XX update

Despite dozens of rumors regarding WWE bringing in past stars for WrestleMania XX, Vince McMahon is said to be very against the idea of making the show focused on "old timers."

Big names from the past may still be involved, but not in major matches. They may hold a ceremony or be spotted in the crowd or be involved in some other type of segment. That doesn't mean one legend may not return for a match, but do not expect a match like Hulk Hogan vs. Randy Savage or Ric Flair vs. Ricky Steamboat, as has been rumored.

Vince wants the focus of WrestleMania XX to be on the new stars and the future of WWE, not the past.

After weeks of talk that Mick Foley would return to the ring at WrestleMania XX for a match against Triple H, it appears that WWE has turned against the idea. Right now, if WWE decides to involve Foley at the show, it will likely be in a tag team match or as a special ref.

The reason for the turn against Foley/Triple H is that most feel Foley will not be able to get back into "ring shape." Triple H is also in nowhere near the condition he was in when he and Foley had their classic matches. Both Foley and Triple H are also somewhat against the idea of a rematch, feeling that it is best to not come and spoil the legacy of their past matches by trying to do another one.

Obviously things can change, but right now, WWE is no longer putting much stock in doing another Foley/Triple H match.

Credit: PWTorch.com VIP Audio Update

Guest Choken One

I always thought they should have just had a Ceremony for the legends.

If any "legends" are to wrestle...Austin is the only exception.

Hogan? Been there done that.

Savage? Yeah right...

Steamboat? Who? (wwe fanbase)

Guest Choken One

Savage? Yeah right...

Vince wants the focus of WrestleMania XX to be on the new stars and the future of WWE, not the past.

Yet WM XX is going to be an hour longer than usual because of the legacy of the past / old-timers...

Sigh

Now they just need to keep the show at 4 hrs. instead of 5. Hey, I love watching WM as much as the next guy, but do you remember what happened the last two years at WM? The crowd was completely dead by the main event, with some people even leaving before it. Can you imagine the lethargy of a crowd by the end of a 5-hr show?

Keep it at 4 and go all-out during that time.

Maybe they'll have the first hour be a complete video retrospective. No live matches, just highlights from the past 19 WMs, kinda like what they did with that 8-hour marathon show (WM2000?).

I'd be okay with that.

"Randy Orton, your NEW WWE World CHAMPION!"

That totally made me shudder with terror. Am I the only one who considers the "no legends" thing as bad news? No legends means Mania matches for La Resistance, Nathan Jones, John Heindenreich, Batista etc.

There has to be legends. Orton needs to TKO (or whatever it's called) someone.

And I like Batista. He seems to be getting better by the week so by March he should be good enough for a 'Mania match.

Guest Besus

I knew it.There always gotta be someone to bring up Randy Orton. *sighs* I was waiting and I was right.

Am I the only one who considers the "no legends" thing as bad news?

Yep.

No legends means Mania matches for La Resistance, Nathan Jones, John Heindenreich, Batista etc.

No legends means Mania matches for TWGTT,Y2J,Paul London,Spanky(Maybe),Eddie Guerrero,Chavo,Edge,Rock,Austin,Matt Hardy,Rey, HBK,Lesnar,Beniot and Angle,Get it right.

Guest hhheld_down

meh as long as all the hosses stay in tag matches, it will be good... think of all the talent (with the exception of Rhyno and Ultimo Dragon of course) that deserves a good spot a WMXX that could get it if they keep away from the legend

No legends means Mania matches for TWGTT,Y2J,Paul London,Spanky(Maybe),Eddie Guerrero,Chavo,Edge,Rock,Austin,Matt Hardy,Rey, HBK,Lesnar,Beniot and Angle,Get it right.

If anybody gave a crap about most of these people, business wouldn't be in the shitter.

1995 the business was in the shitter. Business isn't great like it was in 2000, but it's decent.

Aren't house shows barely clearing like 1000 people? There used to be more people in the ECW Arena.

Guest Besus

Yep! I cant wait! Im gona be so happy when he wins the World Title next year!

1995 the business was in the shitter. Business isn't great like it was in 2000, but it's decent.

Aren't house shows barely clearing like 1000 people? There used to be more people in the ECW Arena.

I think the average is 3000. From ticket sales and merchandise and running 6-8 shows per week between the two brands they have to be making a profit.

Savage? Yeah right...

Austin can't wrestle anymore, he is in worst shape than Foley, but if you want to see Austin wrestle get one of his old tapes and relive the memories.

I knew it.There always gotta be someone to bring up Randy Orton. *sighs* I was waiting and I was right.

Yep.

No legends means Mania matches for La Resistance, Nathan Jones, John Heindenreich, Batista etc.

Rock and Austin????????????? How about making that list better by putting Jericho and RVD instead?

Guest Besus

Yep.

Rock and Austin????????????? How about making that list better by putting Jericho and RVD instead?

I did put Jericho,He's Y2J man, and No RVD Sux.

Yep.

Ok so Paul London and Spanky has more chances in being at Mania than Rvd, damn, they are lucky if they make it to Heat, and the Crippled Redneck can't wrestle anymore, if you want to see him wrestle watch old tapes of Austin.

Yep.

RVD deserves a spot on the card. He's over. He works year round. He's never injuried and taking time off. His merchandise sells.

People pay to see RVD.

Yep.

Paul London? Spanky?

Good one.

This will NOT be happening at WMXX.

All these reports came from the damn Torch.

That does it, I refuse to believe them on anything anymore without a second source.

EDIT: Also, I guess I'm the only one who hates this. I imagine a majority of those of us flying in from around the country/world ARE expecting to see some dinosaurs we forgot were still around. Crowd might turn ugly if a few guys come out, are shuffled off, and that's all.

Fuck!!

Foley/HHH was the only reason I was ordering. If that match is off I have no need to waste my money on all the young stars who I do not give a shit about.

I mean seriously, outside of Cena who is okay, I don't really like any of them.

Not Orton, Batista, Resistance, Maven, WGTT, Heindenreich, the bashams, Jindrack, Palumbo, O'Haire, Cade or any of the other "great" new talent.

People actually come from around the country or world to see a Wrestling event? It's one thing to pay for the PPV, but to pay those ticket prices and plane or train rides?

Screw that. I'm too cheap and lazy to take the five minute drive over the bridge to see a WWE wrestling event these days. WM or not.

Guest Besus

I said Maybe,geeez.I know they probally wont be at Wrestlemania but I rather see them there then the Dudleyz.

Foley/HHH was the only reason I was ordering. If that match is off I have no need to waste my money on all the young stars who I do not give a shit about.

Damn you really wanted to see Foley/HHH again?

I mean seriously, outside of Cena who is okay

TWGTT,London,Spanky and Akio?