TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Son of Sting

Malice aka Gigantes found dead

Guest The Son of Sting

All Japan gaijin star, Jerry "Gigantes" Toot (better known as The Wall and Malice in America), has died in Japan, just one day after competing on All Japan's tour-ending Budokan show. His cause of death was listed by Nikkan Sports as "an acute cardiac insufficiency", and he died in a Narita hospital at age 36. His death was very sudden and unexpected, another casualty of a tough industry, which sees more and more men die by the year it seems. Funeral details are unknown yet, as he has to be transported back to his homeland of America.

Credit Strong Style Spirit.

Im in shock.I was only watching a AJ show with him on today.My thoughts go out to his family and friends.

Edited by The Son of Sting

Damn, I was hoping that we had enough deaths this year. We were just talking about why TNA should/shouldn't bring this guy back in a thread recently, too. Didn't someone say he had some type of drug problem as well?

Guest Rob Edwards

As harsh as it sounds, I just don't give a fuck anymore, I don't know if anyone else is feeling the same as me but seeing as 90% of recent deaths have been lifestyle related I don't see why I should get cut up about it, I've tried but this is the end of me caring

Rob - Harsh but likes to think he's fair

Guest Salacious Crumb

Eh, I've heard he was a pretty big drug user. Not surprising that he died.

Guest bort

in Many interviews he said he was a past herion addict, he said he was clean before he got into TNA i think.

Sucks, because he was the only person I've ever seen to pull a watchable (not just one, but TWO) match out of Don Harris. Underrated big man that even kept a SABU match coherent.

DING...

DING...

DING...

DING...

DING...

DING...

DING...

DING...

DING...

DING...

Guest PhantMan

what can you say? ... this month's death case.

who's next?

that pretty much sums up 90% of the biz today.

sad to hear about it.

rip.

Got a bit more info off Wrestlingobserver.com

A few more notes on the death of Jerry Tuite. He was 36. One of the people who found him when they opened the door was Adolfo Tapia (La Parka). The preliminary cause of death is a heart attack.

Once again, as I've been for almost this entire year, I'm torn. As I've said too many times this year, it truly hurts me to loose one of the family, especially to such fucked up reasons.

I always enjoyed his work that I saw, in both WCW and TNA. My thought and prayers go out to his family, friends, and anyone else who are feeling the effects of this horrible event. Rest in peace Jerry, you will be missed.

Guest Moses The Monkey

The death of another human being is never not sad.

RIP, Jerry Tuite.

Guest Coffey

You guys remember that one WCW PPV that was spent on just trying to get Billy Kidman over? Then, during the mysery opponent cage match, The Wall was revealed as Kidman's opponent.

Well, when that happened, I let out the biggest sigh I can remember.

I just made that same sigh.

Guest Dave O'Neill, Journalist

Jesus Christ Almight Not Again. The Bodies keep piling up, and we cant give a shit even more.

Admittedly my "cant give a shit" attitude comes from knowing that he was an admitted drug user (stick "Malice and Heroin" into Google). But its still tragic for his family, friends and colleauges, particulary the gaijin in AJ who he was friends with. From what I was rrading, Wall was doing really well for himself in Japan, and it sucks that his big opportunity has gone.

I'll say this though. A lot of people on these boards shit on me because of my preference for "hosses" over "spotmonkeys". During his late 2000 run as Sgt. A-Wall, Jerry Tuite was a likeable and enterataining part of WCW, and I enjoyed his matches, especially when he found his niche in the Hardcore Division.

Rest In Peace Wall

Malice was over like nuts in TNA aswell. It was weird....theyd either announce he wasn't coming back at all, or that he was, and he would indeed show up for one show. I assumed he was going to be one of Jim Mitchell's road blocks for Raven, although his AJ work got in the way of that.

Edited by Dave O'Neill, Journalist

Malice was over like nuts in TNA aswell. It was weird....theyd either announce he wasn't coming back at all, or that he was, and he would indeed show up for one show. I assumed he was going to be one of Jim Mitchell's road blocks for Raven, although his AJ work got in the way of that.

Well if you piece together the many stories, WWE gave him a deal, but found out about his drug problems and dropped the offer, so he returned a little after to TNA where he had attitude problems/drug problems, so he never returned. This seems to confirm it. With each one I become less and less sympathetic...

Story of this year....wev'e just stopped caring. Fiver says TNA don't acknowledge him on Wednesday

Thats not an anti-TNA thing, btw, its just an observation

Story of this year....wev'e just stopped caring. Fiver says TNA don't acknowledge him on Wednesday

Thats not an anti-TNA thing, btw, its just an observation

I'd say given their precedent's they'll have a graphic open the show, but won't mention it further...

Guest vicvenomjr

At what point does the mass media really begin to put together an investigation into this?

And not just some cute HBO show, desperate for ratings.

Anyone who says he was a good worker is nuts. Yes, he died. If it was because of drugs, I will not say it was, then I do not feel sorry for him. He was in some of the absolute worst matches during the last days of WCW. He could not cut a promo. He was the second coming of Sid, only without the natural star appeal sid always had.

Guest vicvenomjr

During the first month of TNA he was the top guy on the roster no question. Mainly due to his look, but he also could bring it in the ring.

Edited by vicvenomjr