TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
King Kamala

Best VH1 100 Greatest list

What is the best VH1 100 Greatest special?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best VH1 100 Greatest special?

• 100 Greatest Bands
    • 100 Greatest Women in Rock
    • 100 Greatest Albums
    • 100 Greatest Dance Songs
    • 100 Greatest Hard Rock Artists
    • 100 Greatest One Hit Wonders
    • 100 Greatest Songs of the Past 25 Years
    • 100 Greatest Love Songs

I'm almost positive I got all of those damn specials on there. I didn't include 100 Sexiest Artists...cause I don't think anyone here watched that one. My pick is 100 Greatest Hard Rock artists surprisingly accurate, there are about 5 or 6 I don't think should be on there and the placement is a wee bit off but it's a helluva lot better than a lot of their specials. Most of the bands that shouldn't be on there could be debated. The worst is 100 Greatest Artists of the Past 25 Years...Smells Like Teen Spirit as the #1 song of the past 25 years is sick fucking joke. Not as bad a VH1's 200 Greatest Pop Culture Icons, but that's not totally music related. So what do all of you SmartMarks think VH1's best 100 Greatest List is?

All replies in this thread should be made in the form of a highly contentious list. Certain people will argue that "100 Greatest One Hit Wonders" is totally overrated and is easily owned by "100 Greatest Love Songs of the Past 25 Years," which featured a run between 34 and 17 that rivals anything ever aired on VH1. This will be met with considerable backlash. People will begin starting threads about which "Best VH1 100 Greatest List" list is their favorite. This cycle will continue unimpeded. And there is absolutely nothing anyone can do about it.

'revolver' was #1 on their "greatest albums" list, therefore making it suck the least.

you also missed their "100 greatest rock songs" list, where "satisfaction" was #1, "respect" was #2, and "stairway to heaven" was #3.

dear god, why do i know this?

For some reason I didn't think there was 100 Greatest Rock Songs and now it's coming back to me. Alright who voted for 100 Greatest Songs of the Past 25 Years? Fess up? Yes, I have no time since from 1997 to about last year when VH1 became a third rate fusion of MTV and E I watched VH1 all the time. Anyone remember the List? Sledgehammer? Rock Candy?

I really liked "100 Greatest Hard Rock Bands" when it came out in 2000. Matter of fact, it was on yesterday, or the day before, and I had it on while I was on the computer.

Why don't we wait until VH1 puts out 100 of these 100 Greatest lists?

Crap, I hope I didn't give that network a programming idea...

I've been predicting that for years

"VH1's 100 Greatest 100 Greatest Lists, brought to you by Subway....eat fresh, and Best Buy, Turn on the Fun!"