TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EdwardKnoxII

Al Gore's Son Arrested for Pot Possession

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor..._son_arrested_3

Al Gore's Son Arrested for Pot Possession

WASHINGTON - The son of former vice president and 2000 Democratic presidential candidate Al Gore (news - web sites) has been charged with marijuana possession.

Albert A. Gore III, 21, was arrested Friday night after he was stopped for driving a vehicle without its headlights on.

Two passengers were also arrested and charged with misdemeanor marijuana possession. They were identified as Yann V. Kumin, 21, and Marc G. Hordon, 22, both of Cambridge, Mass.

A Montgomery County, Md., police officer stopped the car, a dark-colored Cadillac, in Bethesda, a Washington suburb, around 11:30 p.m. Friday.

The officer noticed the car's windows and sunroof were open, despite cold temperatures Friday night. There was also a smell of marijuana coming from the vehicle, according to a news release from the police department.

A search of the vehicle turned up a partial marijuana cigarette, a cigarette box containing suspected marijuana, and a soft drink can that also smelled of marijuana.

All three were released pending trial.

In September 2002, the younger Gore was ticketed for driving under the influence. He was pulled over and ticketed by military police just outside Fort Myer in suburban Virginia, but was not taken into custody.

In the summer of 2000, Gore was cited by the North Carolina Highway Patrol for driving 97 mph in a 55-mph zone. Under an agreement with prosecutors, a reckless driving charge was dropped in the North Carolina case, but he was fined $125 for speeding and his driving privileges in the state were suspended.

Guest JMA
Albert A. Gore III, 21, was arrested Friday night after he was stopped for driving a vehicle without its headlights on.

Ouch.

I find the timing of this, so soon after Jobber's mention of Bush's past indiscretions, to be too coincidental.

CONSERVATIVE CONSPIRACY~!

Guest Jimbo

He was kicked out of St. Alban's, the prestiegious, rich policitican kid's school of Washington, for pot a few years back as well.

I guess he should find the Bush girls and go to a rave...

The sex tape among the three will bring the parties together for all time.

And if this kid gets free, then FREE TOMMY CHONG!

Guest tSlater

Why can't they just legalise it already..

oh yeah, i forgot, this country is controlled by idiots.

Why can't they just legalise it already..

oh yeah, i forgot, this country is controlled by idiots.

Of course, he was driving with his taillights out and under the influence of a substance that numbs your reflexes and dumbs your judgement, what an uptight country we live in! This is PRECISELY why I am against legalization. He put everyone on the road with him at risk for serious injury or death. Fuck him and everyone else that drives while intoxicated on drugs or alcohol.

Guest tSlater

That is simply a matter of using a drug whilst operating dangerous machinery such as a car. I agree with the laws against drinking and driving, and I would agree with any laws against driving whilst high on Marijuana. I'm just saying that the anti-marijuana sentiment in this country is just as stupid as the Prohibition in the 1920s was.

I find the timing of this, so soon after Jobber's mention of Bush's past indiscretions, to be too coincidental.

Aw, come on. Who here ISN'T a card-carrying member of the massive right-wing conspiracy?

That is simply a matter of using a drug whilst operating dangerous machinery such as a car. I agree with the laws against drinking and driving, and I would agree with any laws against driving whilst high on Marijuana. I'm just saying that the anti-marijuana sentiment in this country is just as stupid as the Prohibition in the 1920s was.

The guy is arrested before he could hurt someone, and your response isn't "good thing, because people who drive while under the influence are idiots" it's our country is uptight and we're idiots because pot isn't legal. Are you sure we haven't met you before? <_<

Guest tSlater
The guy is arrested before he could hurt someone, and your response isn't "good thing, because people who drive while under the influence are idiots" it's our country is uptight and we're idiots because pot isn't legal. Are you sure we haven't met you before? <_<

Everybody else was already commenting that. I didn't want to make another comment to add to the monotonous ideas in this thread, so i just went ahead with another thought in my head.

Guest tSlater

I never said I want to be the opposite of everyone.

This is what I thought when I read this thread:

1) It's a good thing they got him before he harmed somebody.

2) This will probably be used to completely tear him and his family down because of the anti-marijuana sentiment in this country.

Now, everybody was already suggest thought #1, so I posted thought #2.

If I read a post about terrorism, that thought #2 won't be there.

driving under the influence of any mind-altering drugs/alcohol of course should be given harsh punishment, however I agree that the anti-marijuana sentiment in this country is rather ridiculous.

driving under the influence of any mind-altering drugs/alcohol of course should be given harsh punishment, however I agree that the anti-marijuana sentiment in this country is rather ridiculous.

I don't do any drugs (don't start, it's a loooong story) but even I say if people want to smoke pot with some obvious restrictions then they should.

At the very least, it should be legal to use in the home and for medical reasons.

Course, the other drugs I am not for legalizing in any sense.

Guest MikeSC

Aw, come on. Who here ISN'T a card-carrying member of the massive right-wing conspiracy?

I, uh, misplaced my card. I was hoping to wait until our next meeting before asking how to get a new one.

I'm tellin' ya --- chicks DIG the right-wing conspiracy card.

-=Mike

Guest MikeSC

I, uh, misplaced my card. I was hoping to wait until our next meeting before asking how to get a new one.

I'm tellin' ya --- chicks DIG the right-wing conspiracy card.

-=Mike

Guest MikeSC
Do chicks also dig double posts? ;)

Yes.

And yes.

Don't even know what caused it. I didn't get the usual board problem comment. It just doubled it on its own.

I think our board is possessed by Satan.

-=Mike

Nah, just leprechauns.

And I'm a card-carrying member of the Under Wing Conspiracy. Making trivial observations and pop-culture references, along with sophomore dick and fart jokes, since 1994!