TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
haVoc

Goldberg's Future in Question

May not be booked for WrestleMania XX...

Relations between WWE and Goldberg continue to go down the drain more or less. Goldberg threw a tantrum backstage after Armageddon, throwing tables and such, because he felt that he was being made to look bad in the ring. WWE management seems to be taking the strike approach, with the Armageddon fit being "strike two." If he explodes again, which he seemingly does on a regular basis, he may be told to go home before his contract even ends.

Goldberg feels that he should be booked how he was in WCW, as a total dominant force who doesn't sell. WWE has been booking him as a pure babyface who has to overcome obstacles and rise to victory. That, of course, includes a lot of selling to heels.

Goldberg is also very frustrated with the fact that the house shows he has headlined have not drawn, therefore he has not gotten anything above his $1.5 million downside guarantee. He expressed his frustration to Vince McMahon in a meeting backstage at RAW last week.

The general feeling is that Goldberg does not know anything about the business and continues to try and juice the same act he has been using for years without evolving or improving. Goldberg even apparently told Vince McMahon last Monday that he does not know what is good for him. Vince McMahon has grown frustrated with Goldberg because he does not have good mic skills and has shown himself to be very limited as a performer.

At this point, everyone is coming to the conclusion that Goldberg will not work as a regular wrestler. Goldberg's contract ends shortly after WrestleMania XX and it may be hard to convince him to job on his way out, which may mean that he won't even be booked for WMXX. Vince McMahon was strongly considering a Goldberg/Brock Lesnar Champion vs. Champion match at the show, but at this point that is in question.

WWE may want to stay open with Goldberg and reach a compromise with him, so that the door remains open for him to come and make special cameo appearances in the future.

Credit: Pro Wrestling Torch Newsletter/411

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

To save 83 people time...

Ahem...FUCK GOLDBERG.

One less talented suck-bag taking up space at Wrestlemania XX.

Goldberg's got a somewhat valid point though. At Summerslam, before the sledgehammer, he got booked as a complete badass and the crowd reacted accordingly by blowing the roof off the place.

I'm not saying I like Goldberg but he has been booked really poorly.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
Goldberg's got a somewhat valid point though. At Summerslam, before the sledgehammer, he got booked as a complete badass and the crowd reacted accordingly by blowing the roof off the place.

Although I can't argue the SSlam point, there's one point that can be made.

If Goldberg squashes everyone on Raw (like HHH), and in some cases, several times over, will anyone care a month later? No, probably not. Goldberg is just another Steve Austin, except he couldn't work a good match if his life depended on it.

It was just a breath of fresh air to see Goldie dominate everyone moving. Although it was cool, I still don't like him and didn't want him to win, making me a Honorary Triple H fan for all of 10 seconds.

No doubt Goldberg is booked better as a bad ass, destruction machine. But as the article says, he hasn't improved at all & still doesn't appreciate the business. Therefore, I agree in he's been a waste of time and a waste of money. Don't bother resigning him...save the money and find some other use for it.

He's been booked like a strong, capable dude who everyone wants to knock off the block. He hasn't been booked like an unstoppable monster force with God Mode because that's stupid. It exploited the gullibility of WCW fans that they could buy what was going on in front of them.

McMahon is a mark for big musclebound hosses, and gives a push to every Batista, Matt Morgan, and Big Show that walks through the door. We've talked so much before about how he's blind with admiration for the big guys that guys like Jericho and Benoit suffer. Even McMahon is underwhelmed with Goldberg. The man who has put Mabel and Mark F'n Henry in main events, is shocked by the lack of workrate.

And when it comes to mic work, even Nash was a better hire. And his downside (which was considered absurdly high when the NWO entered) was about half of Goldberg's.

Although I can't argue the SSlam point, there's one point that can be made.

If Goldberg squashes everyone on Raw (like HHH), and in some cases, several times over, will anyone care a month later? No, probably not. Goldberg is just another Steve Austin, except he couldn't work a good match if his life depended on it.

It was just a breath of fresh air to see Goldie dominate everyone moving. Although it was cool, I still don't like him and didn't want him to win, making me a Honorary Triple H fan for all of 10 seconds.

To be fair you are perfectly right. After he's squashed everyone, there is no point. However I think the WWE did this to themselves. If they'd just started him off squashing jobber after jobber for a few months then maybe dominate the IC division for a while before stepping up, a bit like he did in WCW with the US belt, then maybe some longevity may have been obtained.

But bottomline, Goldberg's contract should NOT be renewed.

Alas, guess I'll never see Lesnar kick Goldberg's ass. Ah well, onto better matches then.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Just to touch up on whatever I skimmed over, it wouldn't piss me or mainly anyone else off if he was upset aout his character and talked it out with McMahon. He did that, but not without throwing hissy fits like a 5 year old who doesn't get the brand new toy.

Brock vs. Goldberg not happening? Good. Brock isn't good enough to carry Goldberg. Hell, HHH somehow good decent matches out of him INJURED. Goldberg has a 4-move set that he repeated several times at Armageddon, and Brock is just another hoss with amatuer background.

Thank God Orton/HHH hasbeen called off from what I hear, now Wrestlemania might be watchable for FIVE HOURS.

Underwhelmed with Goldberg but thinks Triple H is a capable world champion.....right, great.

I dislike Goldberg but at least he made me give a damn about the tin can they call a title.

All this proves to me is Vince is more insane than he has ever been.

Guest Ray
Brock is just another hoss with amatuer background

That's a load of shit. Brock is a good wrestler.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
Brock is just another hoss with amatuer background

That's a load of shit. Brock is a good wrestler.

Rules of Hoss-itude: Being tall, weighing over 280 lbs., and being roided up or fat as hell.

Show me one carry job past ** Brock has done, then I'll say he's good.

Guest JRE

Well, I'd say the Stretcher Match with Big Show was past **...but then again, you can argue against that, can't ya?

Guest Ray
Rules of Hoss-itude: Being tall, weighing over 280 lbs., and being roided up or fat as hell.

"Just another hoss" implies he sucks.

Show me one carry job past ** Brock has done, then I'll say he's good.

As if a wrestler can't be good unless he carries everyone?

There are plenty of good Lesnar performances to be seen. vs. Rock, vs. Undertaker, vs. Benoit, vs. Big Show, etc... Lesnar even outperformed Angle in their matches. It's dumb to act as if he's just some hoss who can't wrestle.

But he's a big muscled-up guy who was pushed by Vince, so he must suck, eh?

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Actually, I liked his matches with UT (from No Mercies) and the WM XIX match with Angle, but everything else is pretty forgetable.