TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest PowerPB13

WWE weekend show previews...

Guest PowerPB13

Don’t miss the first Velocity of 2004 when the speedy Funaki will have to overcome the challenge of the powerhouse A-Train. A-Train has been trying to get back into Paul Heyman’s good graces after betting against Brock Lesnar and then losing to Shannon Moore during his first attempt at redemption. A win over Funaki could be a step back in the right direction. Will it happen? Find out on Velocity!

Also on Velocity, in tag team action, Shannon Moore & Orlando Jordan team up to face Akio & Sakoda. In singles action, Jamie Noble will have his first match in 2004 with Nidia at his side; and the Basham Brothers will also see action with Shaniqua in attendance.

Velocity will also take a look back at the exciting events of SmackDown! when Hardcore Holly faced the Big Show, and Los Guerreros faced the Self Proclaimed World’s Greatest Tag Team. The latter match featured a shocking conclusion that can not be missed.

All of this and more on Velocity at 10/9 CT on Spike TV!

-----

Join us for the first HEAT of 2004 when Steven Richards and Test meet for the second time in the last three weeks. Richards scored the upset win the last time around, will Test get his revenge? Find out on HEAT this week!

Also on HEAT, Val Venis and Lance Storm hope to continue their winning ways but will face a stiff challenge from La Resistance. The winner of this match may very well be the favorite for a shot at Ric Flair and Batista for the World Tag Team Championship – find out who that team is on HEAT. And if you’re looking for a great singles match, look no further than Tommy Dreamer against Matt Hardy. Hardy is one of the newer faces on the RAW roster and to get his shot at a Championship, beating veterans like Tommy Dreamer is a must. Watch HEAT to see if Hardy will be on the right path.

Also on HEAT, Rico will be in action.

HEAT will also recap the incredible events from last week’s RAW, when Booker T faced Randy Orton for the Intercontinental Championship and Shawn Michaels met Triple H for the World Heavyweight Championship, in a match that was one of the best matches of 2003 on RAW. Michaels-Triple H was not only one of the best matches of the year, but it had a stunning ending that is the talk of the sports entertainment world. Don’t miss it on HEAT!

All of this and more on HEAT this Sunday at 7/6 CT on Spike TV!

-----

-Patrick

Albert - Funaki again? One would think that after the 50 some odd times they faced each other in the past year alone that a decent match would come of it. Ah well....

Guest PowerPB13

I'm interested in a few matches...Hardy-Dreamer sounded good from the reports. Storm/Venis vs. Resistance should be good as well. I liked the last Test-Stevie match for some reason...(Stevie, Victoria, did you get the license plate number of that face turn?)

Moore went from being pushed as the underdog contender on SD to working Velocity, go fig...if Rey hadn't won the belt, it might have been cool for Shannon to upset Tajiri for it.

Not sure what to expect out of Bashams vs. SATs, I doubt the Maximos will get much offense and their main highlight is the Spanish Fly which I somehow don't expect we'll see(LOL).

-Patrick

Guest PowerPB13
Doesn't sound too good. What's all this love for the SAT?

I can't say that I've seen a WHOLE lot of them, I've seen both entertaining and non-entertaining matches out of them. From my knowledge of them, they're decent aerial wrestlers with a cool tandem finisher(something that's a lost art in wrestling nowadays, though GCW's Operation Shamrock had about a half-dozen cool tandem finishers).

It's a moot point anyway as I doubt they'll do much more than get squished by the Bashams.

-Patrick

The SAT sucks. Bad. Half of their spots are botched, Joel tries to do countless flying maneuvers when he can barely jump, and Jose makes every move look like shit. I don't see what's so good about them either.

Go Behind The Scenes Of WWE's Iraq Tour

It's the first Confidential of 2004...

Confidential preview for Jan. 3, 2003

Join us for the first Confidential of 2004 when we go behind the scenes of the recent tour of Iraq by the Superstars of SmackDown! It was an unforgettable tour and an incredible SmackDown! event -- see all of the highlights and reaction from the WWE Superstars at 11/10 CT on Spike TV!

Boy, that move to RAW really helped Matt out.

It's amazing that the WWE could bobble such an easily marketable character in V1. First they get rid of his cool shirt in favor of that god awful "HARDY BOYZ" colored shirt. Then, they have him lose to one leg, who apparently was sent to Gaum or something after the win. Followed by shipping him to RAW, where they do a great job of his heel turn only to NOT HAVE HIM on the next week.

Then, they screw up his entrance video with that piss poor APPLE looking opener and the final insult is to ship him to Heat.

I swear, monkeys with god damn typewriters could do a better job than this. Blind and deaf monkeys with f*cking typewriters!

and the final insult is to ship him to Heat.

It always amazes me how people think someone's being jobbed out because they appear on one Heat/Velocity. If Matt becomes a regular, then there's right to complain. For now, basically, there wasn't room on the show for him apparantely last week.

Guest subliminal_animal

I think it might have something to do with how a lot of people are kind of stupid.

C'mon, the guy's name is "2GOLD"—the fact that he can even construct sentences is more than I would've expected.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

From what I've seen of the SAT, they are miss a LOT more than hit.

I wonder why Hardy wasn't on RAW. Maybe because the Main Event was 30 minutes long, not inclduing entrances and after the match activites.

Hardy has been on RAW every week since jumping, so really, no one should complain.

No one did when HHH fought Maven on HEAT once last summer. The World Champion couldn't even been fit on the RAW broadcast, so not everyone is immune.