TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Corey_Lazarus

Recent Purchases

Guest I Got Banned for Sucking
Any reason you bought Margin Walker instead of just getting 13 Songs? I guess it'd be a cool thing to have if you could find it on vinyl.

I already own 13 Songs. I just wanted Margin Walker to collect all of their albums.

Today...

Atreyu - Suicide Notes and Butterfly Kisses

Most recent purchases: The Streets (A Grand Don't Come for Free) and the Audio Bullys (Ego War)

And I just got Sheer Terror (Just Can't Hate Enough) on vinyl, but I didn't buy that, my friends fiancee is making him get rid of his old hardcore music and that was one that he knew that I wanted. Fingers crossed on getting more in the upcoming weeks, as he unearths them all.

Stereophonics-Word Gets Round

I'd wanted a copy for ages, as I used to like the 'phonics before they became dull and it was only £3, so it's a fantastic purchase. Hell, it's worth £3 for "A Thousand Trees" alone.

Nobody remembers these days and I still feel 'uncool' for saying this but I definately agree that the first Stereophonics album wasn't too bad. The songs had some drive and passion and in terms of overall quality its unrecognisable from the dull rubbish they have subjected us to ever since. 'A Thousand Trees' alone had more life in it than anything they have done since.

Guest I Got Banned for Sucking
Muse-Absolution.

Good CD. And I got it cheap too. Only $10...CANADIAN~!

Oh, Muse are fucking tremendous.

just now to avoid revision of any kind I picked up

Tindersticks - curtains

Stiff Little Fingers - Inflammable Material

Residents - WB:RMX (their debut material they sent to warner brothers remastered n remixed)

Sugar - File under easy Listening - I've had Copper Blue for a while but i don't recall seeing this before.

Still for a total of £31 it wasn't too bad.

After deciding I was bored at work this morning, I bought two CD's at lunch to listen to while working in the afternoon. They were "Darkhorse" by Crazy Town and "All The Best" (double CD!) by the Stiff Little Fingers for a total of £10.

Nazareth- Extended Versions

Bought it cause it was $6. Didn't know it was a damn live album. A poor sounding live album too. Wal-Mart is messing with an angry Ugandan son of a bitch.

Tindersticks - curtains

Residents - WB:RMX (their debut material they sent to warner brothers remastered n remixed)

Sugar - File under easy Listening - I've had Copper Blue for a while but i don't recall seeing this before.

I wasn't aware the Residents' WB album had become commercially available.

And that Tindersticks is probably my least favorite of their albums, meaning it's only just really good.

Had some birthday money to spend, so I picked up "Diorama" by Silverchair, "Let Go" by Avril Lavigne and "Contraband" by Velvet Revolver for £18, which is pretty bargainarific, Silverchair only costing £3. REALLY digging Velvet Revolver, Silverchair was a nice surprise, as it got terrible reviews when it came out, but is in fact a pretty decent pop-rock album, and Avril is good enough, especially for £5.

Babyvox - Devotion. Impulse bought it at a Korean market. Was hoping they'd have the new BoA CD, but they didn't, oh well.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Change the Feng Shui in this folder a bit. I just increased my Robert Fripp collection with Let The Power Fall. Haven't gotten the chance to pop it in yet, though. I shall do so shortly.

Spymob-Sitting Around Keeping Score (Some great power pop. Really strong Todd Rundgren influence. 7.5-10)

20th Century Masters: Best of Tears For Fears, the Millenium Collection. (Haven't listened to it. Really didn't want to go out and buy Tears For Fears albums. Besides it was only $9.91)

I got John Cale's latest album, Hobo Sapiens a couple of days ago. I've been liking it so far, though I haven't had the chance to listen it through and pay as much attention to it as I'd like yet.

recordgraphic.gif

The latest offering from Canadian musician, Matthew Good. White Light Rock & Roll Review is mostly a political album in a 60s rock motif. Much like the entries in his blog, WLRRR deals touches upon various political issues, specifially American foreign policy and critiquing the Bush Administration. The sound of the record is much more raw/off the floor from his previous album, Avalanche . WLRRR is more consistent however, all the tracks range from good to excellent and the album as a whole is one of his best.

Best track: We're So Heavy

Tindersticks - curtains

I wasn't aware the Residents' WB album had become commercially available.

And that Tindersticks is probably my least favorite of their albums, meaning it's only just really good.

It's not been available long. It IS remixed mind, which I dig cos it's got all the clarinet stabs and hellish 'how the fuck do they make that sound' sounds with beats added, but I can see why others might be turned off. It's not as good as Meet The Residents. As for Tindersticks, a fine set on friday, the violinist (forget the name, can't be arsed to find it) was one of the best musicians I saw all weekend and adds so much on his own. Apparently they don't play Rented Rooms much, so that was nice.

And cue off the cuff glastonbury review.

I think Arthur Lee directly before tindersticks was a bit more enjoyable. Morrissey was A Lot better than the TV highlights would have you believe. And The Rutles were better than Paul friggin McCartney, god dammit. The Walkmen can fuck off, television were alright, I'm pissed off I didn't see Goldfrapp from what my friends said (I was at Arthur Lee) and British Sea Power had the best finale, what with an 8 foot bear. I must have drunk about 8 litres of wine, a case of 24 stella and a few budweisers and hash cakes dotted about. Cashback!

Yesterdays purchases were

Kataklysm - Serenity In Fire

Quebec grind from the original masters. This is the album guys like Hatebreed and other top of the pop chunk metal bands would be probably releasing if they had the balls to push that extra bit.

I've made some outlandish metal related statements in here, but I would match Martin Maurais blast beat against a Flo Mounier blast beat. The guy is just sick doing triplets on the snare.

guitars are typical chug chug lay waste to everything in sight mid paced death groove with some odd waves of sweden style coming in during the faster free flowing moments. Very acceptable.

vocals, however, are pretty much not. The grunted lows are fine enough without going into ridiculously lower than the bass levels(which i hate hate hate), but the screams are thin and forced. Not a strong point.

Laz should buy this...next payday after ozzfest.

I have a couple of samplers from brave words and bloody knuckles magazine, but I'm still listening to kataklysm so no comments on those yet.

Guest Doomsault

Bad Religion - The Empire Strikes First

Fucking great cd. Same great vocals and some new guitar that's not hardcore except for the second song but it still works perfectly.

Guest Soylent Green Is People

Latest albums bought that i probably won't get around to listening to for ages like most things i buy:

Wu-Tang Clan - Wu-Tang Forever

Killswitch Engage - Alive or Just Breathing

Shadows Fall - The Art of Balance

Tool - Opiate

c5627152u3x.jpgd75707ex79v.jpg

Brian Eno - Before and After Science (one of the recently issued remasters of Eno's 70s work)

Sugar - Beaster (an EP, used; nowhere near as good as either of their two full lengths, but contains three very solid songs)

Guest JebusNassedar

Impromptu Tower Trip!

Opeth - "Still Life"

Mastodon - "Remission"

Guest Wormwood

Tristania-"Widow's Weeds"

Sinergy-"To Hell and Back"

Children of Bodom-"Follow the Reaper"

and...

NIGHTWISH-"ONCE" :wub: I am so in love with this CD...I can't even put it into words :wub:

maybe I can...GREATEST OF ALL FUCKING TIME! :headbang: