Sign in to follow this  
Corey_Lazarus

Recent Purchases

Felt like a bit of retail therapy today got:

cKy - Volume 1

cKy - Infiltrate.Destroy.Rebuild

Beastie Boys - Licensed To Ill

Neil Young and Crazy Horse - Rust Never Sleeps

I already had the two CKY albums in copied form, but thought i'd pick them up properly, as IDR came wit a dvd with all the videos on i thought why not.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I bought a used Blind Melon cd for a buck. It's all acoustic, and on some tracks, Shannon Hoon sounds remarkably like Janis Joplin.

fucking amazon cunts have delayed Angst in my pants by the mighty SPARKS by another 4-6 weeks. Argh. That probably means I won't get Laibach's version of Let It Be or the Einsturzende Neubauten anthology till then either. HOW CAN I LIVE THAT LONG WITHOUT EXPERIMENTAL GERMANIC ROCK???

I bought a used Blind Melon cd for a buck. It's all acoustic, and on some tracks, Shannon Hoon sounds remarkably like Janis Joplin.

You could've just sent me that dollar, instead.

Anyway, a radio station perk saw me getting a free copy of the reissue of Olivia Tremor Control's Black Foliage. It's an incredible, psychadelic, lo-fi indie epic. Even better than their pretty damn good Dusk at Cubist Castle.

Guest JebusNassedar

Good idea: Fantomas - Delirum Cordia

Bad Idea: The Constantines - Shine a Light. Last time I buy a CD based off of one song...

Guest Agent of Oblivion

You could've just sent me that dollar, instead.

Nah, I like me some meandering stoner music sometimes. Plus, they got started right down the road from me, so I can identify with a lot of their references. I think his vocals are pleasantly bad, which is about how I feel about Beefheart, not that the two are similar.

Besides, it was a dollar.

Guest JebusNassedar

Well, after that help topic thing, I picked up Motörhead - The Best Of from Fry's. I know, Fry's having good music is rare. So I bought it in part to show off that it DOES happen.

Also, gave Constantines a second listen, changing my expectations. I wasnt really ready for the rest of the album, assuming it'd all be like "Nighttime/Anytime" (Still my favorite song on the CD). And it's not all bad. I just felt a little put off at first, I guess. Good to know that they're good live, too. Reassuring to know.

neutral milk hotel - 'the aeroplane over the sea' (i think that's the title anyway). haven't listened to it all the way through, but i dig "two-headed boy" something fierce.

also today i found, i kid not, a copy of shakespeare's 'king lear' on vinyl today. yes, a radio adaptation of the complete play, on four discs. it cost $8.

joni mitchell - 'blue'

i would listen to this on my mom's turntable when i was a kid, decided to get my own copy of it yesterday. some of the more upbeat stuff doesn't quite work (like "carey"), but when she gets somber & tender it's beautiful.

Brides of Destruction-Here Come the Brides--I like it so far, some good guitar work from Tracii Guns, and some of Nikki Sixx's best song writing since the early Motley albums. The singer takes some getting used to.

Guest Agent of Oblivion
I put in an order for Clutch's new CD Blast Tyrant. I already have the full album downloaded, I just thought it was good enough that I should purchase it too. It comes out the 30th.

HEY~! New Clutch? Grand.

Local H - As Good as Dead

Korn - s/t

Bob Dylan - Bootleg Series vol5 The Rolling Thunder Revue 1975

Rebecca Moore - Home Wreckordings

Arrived in the mail:

The Feelies--Only Life

Stereolab--Peng!

How's the former? I hear it's good and have been meaning to pick it up, but an opinion on it would be nice.

And Edwin -- how's the Slint working out for you? That's another one I've been meaning to pick up.

Anyhow, this weekend I rebought Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables by the Dead Kennedys, and it reminded me how much I <3 Jello. Aside from that, I picked up Staring at the Sea: The Singles by the Cure, which is as good as expected, though I tend to like their later stuff better.

Slint - Spiderland (Thanks for the recommendation, Inc)

Alice In Chains - Greatest Hits

Hundred Reasons - Shatterproof Is Not A Challenge

Foo Fighters - Colour And The Shape

Arrived in the mail:

The Feelies--Only Life

Stereolab--Peng!

How's the former? I hear it's good and have been meaning to pick it up, but an opinion on it would be nice.

Good, though I prefer the stuff the Feelies were doing on Crazy Rhythms. The later period work, while solid, is a little too laid back.

And good job on everyone who gets Spiderland.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Just added a couple new Zappa albums: Just another Band from LA, and Joe's Garage, Acts I, II, and III, which is really fantastic.

And Edwin -- how's the Slint working out for you? That's another one I've been meaning to pick up.

I love it. Quite a lot. Knowing your tastes, I'd say you'd do well to pick it up.

Aside from that, I picked up Staring at the Sea: The Singles by the Cure, which is as good as expected, though I tend to like their later stuff better.

That was one of the first CDs I ever bought. Used, 8 bucks. Superb stuff, too. I like the later work but the early singles are my favorite Cure items, hands down. It's good for the little crying boy that ails you.

This weekend I picked up:

-the reissue of Modest Mouse's The Moon and Antarctica, having never picked up a legit copy of the first issue

-and a copy of GZA's Liquid Swords, used, for $8. The Wu-Tang back catalogue is treating me well.