TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest wildpegasus

Terminator vs Predator vs Terminator II

Guest wildpegasus

Three real calssic Arnold movies which I think people will have a hard time choosing between. Personally, I'll go with Predator if not just for the enviornment of the woods alone which I love. Combine that with the acting cast and the horror movie feel this film presents and I just can't help Predator being one of my favourite movies of all time.

What's everyone else's fav?

Predator vs Terminator vs Terminator II

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Terminator wins because Arnold was in complete bad-ass mode and I didn't see Predator. I hated how Arnold became "Good guy" in T2.

Guest OctoberBlood

My top 10 Arnold films:

01. Terminator

02. Terminator 2

03. Predator

04. Total Recall

05. Terminator 3

06. True Lies

07. The 6th Day

08. Eraser

09. Commando

10. Conan The Barbarian

Wow. Just saw Predator for the first time on FX -- they kept a lot more stuff in than AMC or other stations I've seen it aired on.

And while watching it I got the thinking -- this movie showcases two former/current governors.

Wow...

Terminator 2. For the first time in an Arnold movie, I felt actual emotional attachment to all of the characters. Term because he was trying to seem more human while protecting John, John because this is the first time he's seen his mother in quite a long time and Term becomes a father-figure to him, and Sarah because she'll stoop to any low to try to prevent the nuclear war from happening and is willing to give her own life if need be. When I was 8, I saw this movie for the third time, and I actually broke down crying at the very end (the thumbs-up got me). I still choke during that scene this day.

Terminator 2. For the first time in an Arnold movie, I felt actual emotional attachment to all of the characters. Term because he was trying to seem more human while protecting John, John because this is the first time he's seen his mother in quite a long time and Term becomes a father-figure to him, and Sarah because she'll stoop to any low to try to prevent the nuclear war from happening and is willing to give her own life if need be. When I was 8, I saw this movie for the third time, and I actually broke down crying at the very end (the thumbs-up got me). I still choke during that scene this day.

You're not the only one, Corey.

I've only seen Predator--and yes, probably I'll get slagged a little bit for not seeing T1 or T2. So I can't give a fair vote.

I wonder what Angelslayer would vote for--either he just liked those Predator clips more for his avatar-sig or he may prefer that movie over the rest of Arnold's stuff.

How I see it:

1. Terminator-Arnold was never better as an emotionless badass one line spewing robot. :D Plus, I like Reese's character, and Sarah as more of an everyday woman who finds herself in extreme circumstances is more intersting than her Rambo take on the character in the second movie. And you gotta love the Police Station Massacre, which I would take over an action sequence in T2.

2. Predator-Total masculine badassery. Not much more really needs to be said.

3. Commando-Super cheesy, and dare I say almost clever self parody of 80s action movies(though I don't think that was the film makers intention). Everything about this move is hilarious, it's funnier than most comedies. 100's of great one liners, while Arnold does stuff like landing unharmed in two feet of water after jumping from a flying plane. Than you got the great ambigously gay super villian, Bennet, shamlessly spouting lines like,"You know what today is............pay day."

4. Conan the Barbarian-This was actually a very well made movie with a great score, and some awesome visuals.

5. Total Recall-The best Arnold movie from a narrative stand point, but that's not really why I watch Arnold movies. Still a good action move.

6. T2-Just doesn't hold up very well for me, I really have no desire to ever watch the movie again.