Sign in to follow this  
MrRant

Fun Pictures of the Debate

sup1.jpg

Hello?

sup2.jpg

Hey man. 'Sup?

sup3.jpg

Nothin' much. Watching the game, havin' a Bud.

sup4.jpg

WHASAAAAAAAAAP!!!!!

sup5.jpg

WHASAAAAAAAA

sup6.jpg

WHASAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPP!! Heh, heh. Hey, where's Big D?

sup7.jpg

I'll get 'em. D! D! Pick up the phone!

IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION...

sup8.jpg

Yo?

sup9.jpg

WHASAAAAAAAAAA

sup10.jpg

WHAZAAAAAAAAAAA

sup11.jpg

AAAAAAAA

sup12.jpg

AAAAAA.... Hey, who's that?

sup13.jpg

Hey, guys! WHASAAAAAAAAAAA

sup14.jpg

AAAAAAAAAAAA

sup15.jpg

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa

sup16.jpg

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

sup17.jpg

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

sup18.jpg

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPP!!!!!!

sup19.jpg

Yo! Yo! Who dat? I hear someone listenin! Hang up, you!

sup20.jpg

Okay, okay, take it easy....

sup21.jpg

So man, what you doin?

sup22.jpg

Not much. Watching the game, drinking a Bud.

r2137091666.jpg

"Kucinich, give us your lunch money"

Rob wins.

Jobber is disqualified for being dumb enough to try to spin a picture of the President making a call on 9/11 as comical. Whatever your politics, you don't need to go there.

32_25_012904_sc_debate3.jpg

"Stay short and looney, Dennis. You make me look tall and almost presidential."

"Hey, John, I was thinking. We should cancel the World Bank and the IMF along with NAFTA and the WTO and create a Department of Protectionism. Isn't that a great idea?"

"Super, Dennis."

"Thanks!"

Weak.

Here's another one.

"That'll do Elf. That'll do..."

Jobber is disqualified for being dumb enough to try to spin a picture of the President making a call on 9/11 as comical. Whatever your politics, you don't need to go there.

Oh, puh-lease. I used Google Image Search for all these things. There's only so many pictures of him using a phone. If you think it's a bad thing, then fine. But it was unintentional.

'Sides, I thought you'd be more offended by me bringing up his drinking, which is something I didn't think about until after I hit submit, actually.

I don't leap down the throat of people who poke good-humoured fun at the President. If you'd been nasty or mean-spirited about his former drinking problem I might have commented, but since you didn't seem to be I took it as the harmless pleasantry I considered it. Actually, on second thought, if it seemed you were being nasty I would probably just have ignored it. I really only comment when people either criticise the President directly to me, or try to invent some sort of commentary on his ability based on wholly irrelevant facts or lies.

I still think your use of the 9/11 photo was in extremely poor taste. It has nothing to do with the President per se. You could conceivably come up with funny captions for pictures of people jumping from the collapsing Towers, but that wouldn't mean I'd appreciate those either. Remove it a step and invent a funny caption for a candlelight vigil for the victims - would that make you laugh? It wouldn't make me laugh. Do what you did, and take a picture of the President in one of the worst hours of our nation's history - grieving for the dead, absorbing still more terrible news with every passing minute, and deciding how best to defend us - and slap a funny caption on that. Does that make you laugh? It's no different from taking a hypothetical photo of a crying woman holding a portrait of her daughter, say a military officer who died in the Pentagon, and writing underneath something like "Boy, those onions sure are strong!"

That doesn't make me laugh. That appalls me.

There are some things that you can't, that you shouldn't decontextualise. Ever. This is one of them.

I still think your use of the 9/11 photo was in extremely poor taste. It has nothing to do with the President per se. You could conceivably come up with funny captions for pictures of people jumping from the collapsing Towers, but that wouldn't mean I'd appreciate those either. Remove it a step and invent a funny caption for a candlelight vigil for the victims - would that make you laugh? It wouldn't make me laugh.

You don't seem to understand.

I did not go into my "Pictures of Politicians to Use in TSM Threads" folder, double click on the "9/11 Photos DO NOT USE FOR HUMOR PURPOSES THESE ARE NOT FUNNY" folder, and choose use a tragedy to further a gag. You seem to think that this is exactly what I did.

Let me inform you of what I really did.

I typed the following serach into Google Images:

bush telephone

Now, there's not really a whole ton of pictures of Bush and a phone. I found a picture of Bush talking on a telephone, staring at something bright. Either a window to the outside or a TV screen (I was creatively using it as the latter.) I didn't know what the picture was about, when it was took, where it was took, who he was talking to, or what he was talking about.

I did not say "HA! I'll poke fun at 9/11! That'll generate a laugh!" I did not consider using pictures of people falling out of buildings. I wasn't attempting to piss on the families of dead people.

I simply saw a picture of Bush on the telephone, and believed it looked innocent enough for inclusion in this gallery.

I simply saw a picture of Bush on the telephone, and believed it looked innocent enough for inclusion in this gallery.

It's all fun and games until Marney gets offended

Also, with there being five different pics of him on the phone, I'll be goddamned if I could tell which one (save for the one of him smiling) was taken on 9-11, versus one on some other date

You don't seem to understand.

No. You don't seem to understand.

Whether it was intentional or not doesn't matter. As soon as you realised when the photo was taken, if you were at all concerned about the propriety of inventing mockeries of a real person in the middle of a real tragedy, you would have edited it out or replaced it with something else.

Either you don't care just because it's the President, or you just - don't care. Whichever is the case, I'm done with this now. Try setting aside your pride and listen to your conscience.

FYI: what you used is a very well-known photo which was available for quite a time to the public immediately after 9/11. The President is in Air Force One, as is obvious from the porthole-shaped areas of light on the curved cabin wall he is facing. It was published in practically all national newspapers and many international newspapers, not just for days but even a month or two afterwards. I saw it again in a special edition of The Economist one year later.

Yes, appearantly, I've chosen to exploit a national tragedy for humor, even though I said that, you know, I didn't and wouldn't have.

However, since I am to please, I went to go look for more pictures of President Bush on the telephone. One looked like it was a campaign headquarters or school, but according to the Florida newspaper article it's attatched to, it's after his speech on 9/11. No can do.

Then there's another Air Force One shot, but the caption says that it too is somehow related to terrorism. I guess there's something about terrorist attacks that causes photographers to take more pictures of the President using the phone line.

Finally, I got one of him at his ranch or something and replaced it.

FISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

Pinocchio for a new generation: starring Dennis Kucinich as Pinnochio and John Kerry as Geppetto. Pinocchio's nose grows each time he thinks he has a chance.

Yes, appearantly, I've chosen to exploit a national tragedy for humor, even though I said that, you know, I didn't and wouldn't have.

However, since I am to please, I went to go look for more pictures of President Bush on the telephone. One looked like it was a campaign headquarters or school, but according to the Florida newspaper article it's attatched to, it's after his speech on 9/11. No can do.

Then there's another Air Force One shot, but the caption says that it too is somehow related to terrorism. I guess there's something about terrorist attacks that causes photographers to take more pictures of the President using the phone line.

Finally, I got one of him at his ranch or something and replaced it.

FISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

Bah, I saw no problem with the original one

If you're bending over backwards to please ONE tightass on a message board...

I think I'm done here

Bah, I saw no problem with the original one

If you're bending over backwards to please ONE tightass on a message board...

I think I'm done here

Actually, I was considering posting something offensive to compensate. I just don't want to totally throw a potentially funny thread off track.

And how can you go wrong with this?

capt.cdh10801300358.democrats_clark_cdh108.jpg

Guest Olympic Slam

"Yes its true, I want to be a dentist. In fact, I'm leaving for the Island of Misfit Toys and never coming back. "

"But I'm going to be President! The man in the tree said so!"

"Come on, son, it's time for bed now."

32_23_012904_sc_debate1.jpg

"See, you've got to understand, when I said Osama Bin Laden deserves a fair trial, I was trying to appeal to the Southerners who wear the white robes, well what I mean is priestly robes, I'm a very religious man you know, well except that last church I left because of lack of a bike trail, well actually it's because I hate children, well, no, no I don't mean that, what I mean is..."

32_24_012904_sc_debate2.jpg

"And then I said, 'don't you know I'm a four star general..."

(day dreaming): "...and in today's news, Joe Lierberman, Moderate for America proved his Joementum was for real, by winning every remaining primary..."

9_24_012904_clark_oklacity.jpg

"Do YOU have four stars on your apron? I didn't think so. So don't tell ME about what is and isn't sanitary food preparation."

capt.cdh10801300358.democrats_clark_cdh108.jpg

"Ahh, my friend, I knew you'd return. They all think I'm crazy, 'who are you talking to, General? What big fuzzy creature?', but we know better. Here, have a snausage!"

r2137091666.jpg

"Dennis, your mother and I have been talking and we've decided you need to give up this crazy President fantasy of yours."

"But People For The Ethical Treatment Of Rocks have endorsed me."

"Come on Dennis, let's get ready for bedtime."

capt.sge.fqh64.300104011426.photo00.default-320x334.jpg

"Hey, where are you going, did you know I'm a Vietnam veteran?......Call me."

I know it's in poor taste to include a picture of President Bush on 9/11 as part of joke, but what does it say about his fundraising efforts when he actually sold that picture at one of his fundraisers in order to raise money for his campaign?

Guest FrigidSoul

1013993.jpg

I would like to state that while I was at the Democratic Convention I didn't recieve any TV time and this upsets me. Just because I am partially made of food does not mean I do not have serious views on some of the nations issues!

If you don't shut your burger patty mouth now I'll throw ya on a plate and serve ya with fries

"I really think this endorsement from Kim Fields is going to push me off the brink and into the presidency."

"Son....it's over. Unlike you, I actually served in Vietnam"

"The man is right, Kisss-in-a-vitch. You're not qualified for the presidency unless y'all been in a war. Go hug yaself a tree there."

1013993.jpg

I would like to state that while I was at the Democratic Convention I didn't recieve any TV time and this upsets me. Just because I am partially made of food does not mean I do not have serious views on some of the nations issues!

He's nothing but a corrupt politician. Everyone knows who runs McDonald Land.

hamburglar.gif