TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Guybrush Threepwood

A few tidbits from the 2/2/04 Observer

Mmm, let's see we got Benoit against two of the most political wrestlers in sports entertainment today, one refuses to job to anyone that's a threat to him and the other always looses his smile. Benoit is fucked.

I take it from your sig you're obviously too biased to give a fair opinion, so I'll forgive you. But 'always looses his smile?' Firstly, it's loses...but that's a minor complaint. The major one being it was, after all, just one speech.

But, hey...you obviously hate HBK, so don't let facts get in your way.

Guest THE MIGHTY THOR
Mmm, let's see we got Benoit against two of the most political wrestlers in sports entertainment today, one refuses to job to anyone that's a threat to him and the other always looses his smile. Benoit is fucked.

I take it from your sig you're obviously too biased to give a fair opinion, so I'll forgive you. But 'always looses his smile?' Firstly, it's loses...but that's a minor complaint. The major one being it was, after all, just one speech.

But, hey...you obviously hate HBK, so don't let facts get in your way.

I don't hate HBK, i just think he's overrated that's all. But this is what i think of you:

You are #1 in my book.

Uh, how do you have access to the 2/2/04 WON today? I don't ever remember getting my newsletters as early as Friday.

Great, so now Benoit gets paired up with two of the most political men ever in wrestling and now the crowd will be too focused on HBK to care about Benoit. And worst of all, a LADDER MATCH? How fucking dumb. I knew WWE would fuck it up.

Guest wildpegasus
I got my observer today too but it does not say anything about Undertaker/kane going on last. Everything else is right.

So let me get this clear: Is the WWE just thinking of putting on a triple threat match as a possability or are they leaning towards it? Is Benoit vs HHH going to happen at all for Wrestlemania?

This is all very interesting, but the world demands to kow who this mysterious person Meltzer is making references to in his WON previews, saying he is being erased from WWE DVD history.

I'm guessing it's just Ventura.

..aaand this is why i never got too excited about the Benoit push, despite him being one of my favorite wrestlers.

I'm guessing he doesn't win at Wrestlemania, and after this triple threat WM match, he wins in a one on one match at Edmonton.

HBK wins the belt at Mania

drops the belt to Benoit at Backlash in Edmonton

2 months later Benoit drops it back to HHH.

Here is the actual excerpt from the Observer:

The Raw title match was originally planned as a straight single with HHH vs Benoit. It was HHH who made the suggestion to change it to a threeway (which explains the finish of the Rumble match), and there has been talk, but we have no idea if this will happen, of making it a ladder match.

Here is the actual excerpt from the Observer:

The Raw title match was originally planned as a straight single with HHH vs Benoit. It was HHH who made the suggestion to change it to a threeway (which explains the finish of the Rumble match), and there has been talk, but we have no idea if this will happen, of making it a ladder match.

*snorts*

hah.

HAH.

HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Well it was nice for once to see a little optimism in the IWC, even if I knew it was misplaced. Amazing how people thought three full years of bad booking and writing was suddenly going to reverse itself JUST BECAUSE Benoit was the wrestler involved.

Guest Anglesault

KURT ANGLE VS. SPARKY PLUG?

ON A PPV?

Sure, put the guy with no neck in a match with a guy who TRIES to hurt people.

Guest BionicRedneck

Whatchootalkinabout?

Hardcore Holly is the toughest man in the WWE!

OMG and the conspiracies rage on. If you want to talk about devaluing a Rumble win, take a look BACK at just about every No Way Out PPV. The Mania spot is always on the line: get over it.

Guest Salacious Crumb

I'd like to say that I've been saying since Monday that they were going to end up doing this to Benoit.

It was painfully obvious when despite getting the Mania shot he was still not considered the top Mania face.

Benoit will lost at Mania, win at Backlash, possibly retain at Bad Blood in ECIII and then drop it to Triple H at Summerslam.

Wrestlemania at Madison Square Garden.

Three men with a claim to the championship.

Veteran Canadian fighting to win the title.

Eh...maybe too obvious, I guess.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
Undertaker v Kane is pencilled in to go on last at Wrestlemania.

If this happens, I'm boycotting WWE for a very long time. The title match should always be last, no matter what.

Except in extreme cases like Rock/Hogan and HHH/Y2J. Then Rock/Hogan goes on last. If this is UT's final match (I doubt it) then it SHOULD be last.

And you won't boycott anything over such a middering point.

And my sig owns other sigs.

Guest Anglesault

ON A PPV?

Kurt will kill him if Sparky tries anything.

Maybe the "hey hey, goodbye" chants will kill this rumor.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

ON A PPV?

AS don't tell me you DON'T want to see Angle stretch the SHIT out of Sparky.

Guest Anglesault

ON A PPV?

AS don't tell me you DON'T want to see Angle stretch the SHIT out of Sparky.

a) Not on PPV

b) The last two Angle/Holly matches ended badly for Kurt.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
And my sig owns other sigs.

Resize it.

As soon as I figure out how to do that, I will.

Guest wildpegasus

Can they possably sabotage Benoit's push anymore?

**too disgusted to even talk about this anymore**

Can they possably sabotage Benoit's push anymore?

**too disgusted to even talk about this anymore**

Besides the Raw jump, nothing bad has happened *yet* and at least Benoit's far away from Orton for the moment.

Guest Choken One

I still can't fathom why HHH hasn't lobbied for Shawn to win the title off him and fight Benoit, while he goes over Rocky instead...which means he can lose to his buddy...never lay down for that canuck, go over Hollywood Rocky and win the title back from Benoit...

And once again I feel like I'm being punished for paying attention.

We've already changed the rules for winning the Rumble AND the entire brand extension for the "money" match in Brock-Goldberg.

We've got Benoit wrestling for an inferior without actually explaining why he wants it when he could stick it to Heyman by taking the WWE Title off Brock.

Now they want to make it a triple threat match, possibly with a gimmick, and possibly put it on in the middle of the card.

I'm sure my dad will order WrestleMania because he always orders WrestleMania, but unless they're putting out a kickass DVD then WWE isn't getting another cent off of me. DVDs are the exception since the good ones are repeat footage.

And for whoever asked, it's definitely Ventura being edited out of the WWE DVDs, as he called three matches on the Foley DVD and his voice isn't on it once.