TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sandman9000

Kill NHB?

What should happen to NHB?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. What should happen to NHB?

• Keep the folder, it's not hurting anyone and it's keeping the crap self-contained
    • Dump the folder, it's wasting bandwidth and it serves no purpose
    • Merge the folder with General Chat, or dump both folders and create a whole new one
    • Other

Personally, I'm all for a merge or dumping of the folder. You can say NHB/Hardcore goes in cycles, but it's been relatively crappy for a while, and when the only threads worth remembering come from PBP/trolls, it's time for a change.

Axe it.

Dump it.

Out of all of the threads in NHB, any "cool" thread that is just based on goofing off could serve just as well in General Chat...which leaves

- trolling (which burns up resources and has absolutely no appeal to other members of the board)

- circle jerking (which, frankly, is equal to trolling for all of the people who aren't "on the inside")

- flaming (which, with all of the rules imposed on the folder, isn't even a worthwhile option)

Just trash it, delete the threads started by PBPs, and consolidate the rest into General Chat.

Guest cobainwasmurdered
Dump it.

Out of all of the threads in NHB, any "cool" thread that is just based on goofing off could serve just as well in General Chat...which leaves

- trolling (which burns up resources and has absolutely no appeal to other members of the board)

- circle jerking (which, frankly, is equal to trolling for all of the people who aren't "on the inside")

- flaming (which, with all of the rules imposed on the folder, isn't even a worthwhile option)

Just trash it, delete the threads started by PBPs, and consolidate the rest into General Chat.

Even more hit-nail-RIGHT-fucking-on-spot and to the point than the first post of your thread.

I would say "you should do this more often", but TSM is a lost cause, isn't it?

then go away.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

if he thinks tsm is a "lost cause" then there's no point in him posting here.

instead of bitching about TSM people should offer suggestions to try and improve things.

I personally say Keep It because if we rid ourselves of it it's just a step backwards on the board. And in all honesty, once Hardcore Discussion is gone General Chat is going to instantly become exactly the same as HD is now.

I say open registrations again, because with new people things can be livened up. As is we just have the same people posting the same things and contributing little over all and just the same feuds and whatnot. If we allow new people, the "circle jerks" will be broken up and the board could be spiced up a little.

I think it would be better if the favouratism and double standards came to an end, maybe if everyone here was treated the same by the rules there'd be less bitching my other people. -shrug-

The real problem is with the posters, not the folder. Axe NHB (or whatever its new name is) if you like, but also axe anyone with a plurality of posts in it.

Edit: in order to avoid scooping up people who have substantive posts in a bunch of different forums, the plurality threshold could be set at 40% or so. So, some guy who's interested in sports, movies, current events, computers, video games, and several different kinds of wrestling wouldn't get the boot just because 19% of his posts were in NHB and the others too widely scattered to offset them. 40% or more, though, and you're probably clinically brain-dead.

Edited by Cancer Marney

By that logic, aybody with more than 40% of posts in a particular folder is too consumed with a particular aspect of the board to be considered a well rounded individual.

By that logic, aybody with more than 40% of posts in a particular folder is too consumed with a particular aspect of the board to be considered a well rounded individual.

It's more the fact that you lot are too involved with one particularly useless, idiotic, uncivilised, prolific, and wholly ridiculous aspect.

The important thing to remember is that because you choose to post in a silly, meaningless folder on one message board, you're obviously an idiot and of no worth to the board, or society at large, really.

Wait....

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

You all take this way too seriously. Quit thinking and post. This is supposed to be escapism...right? Why worry about such insignificant shit? Really..

You all take this way too seriously.  Quit thinking and post.  This is supposed to be escapism...right? Why worry about such insignificant shit? Really..

I laugh everytime you say this b/c you take some shit on here way to seriously as well.

Not saying I or others don't.....hell I'll admit to taking shit to seriously.....but hell......you tell us to stop taking it seriously then turn around and do it yourself.

You all take this way too seriously.  Quit thinking and post.  This is supposed to be escapism...right? Why worry about such insignificant shit? Really..

I laugh everytime you say this b/c you take some shit on here way to seriously as well.

Not saying I or others don't.....hell I'll admit to taking shit to seriously.....but hell......you tell us to stop taking it seriously then turn around and do it yourself.

Man, you all take ME way to seriously with what I do. I find myself to be self-depricating at the expense of humoring myself...and you all misintrepet it as me caring about what goes on. Its this weirdo "lets ban a message board folder on the internet because it lacks intelligent conversation" that boggles my mind. Maybe it is those who takes themselves and their "elitist points of view" on the internet too seriously who truly are the despicable ones. Like who gives a fuck if I rip of CWM in the HD folder? Who cares if we all fuck around? chave isn't taking himself too seriously...because if he was, he wouldn't open himself up to such critisism by acting like such an obvious tool with his "heel turn". But why is he doing it? To have fun. He is putting his "internet persona" on the line to enjoy himself. And isn't that why we are here? To have fun and enjoy ourselves? Or are we here to bitch and moan about internet ettiquette and talk down to those who have fun at the expense of themselves? Get a grip of reality here, folks. This isn't the real world. We don't need to be so rigidly anal about little things like a stupid folder. Its fantasy. Do we all have a little avatars on our sleeves and have clever nicknames like Cancer Marney in real life? No, its a completely different form of life; one that should be seperated from real life.

And yes, now I am taking this seriously because I despise when uptight conservative fuckwads try to tell me or others how to act. Like Marney is the fucking cookie cutter of how to be a perfect person? She can spruce up her posts with all the mightiest of adjectives, but I find people like her to be mroe dangerous to society than anyone in the HD folder. Get a life and mind your own business - is that hard? The HD folder doesn't coincide with your "side of the tracks" so stay over there - and we'll do our thing over here; as we clearly have a completely different interpretation on the matter.

I'm just saying. You put so much energy into "working" the board and then when someone tells you "I never believed you" you freak out. I didn't believe you and New Me and I don't believe you and CWM...and the first time you said "You did to! Don't deny it!"

Why do you care so much?

It might not have been you but I sure remember New Me going nuts about it insisting that I believed every moment of it.

I'm just saying. You put so much energy into "working" the board and then when someone tells you "I never believed you" you freak out. I didn't believe you and New Me and I don't believe you and CWM...and the first time you said "You did to! Don't deny it!"

Why do you care so much?

It might not have been you but I sure remember New Me going nuts about it insisting that I believed every moment of it.

Again, why do you buy into my act? You and everyone else takes it hook, line, and sinker. Maybe I should "dumb" it down for you guys, and make it less ambiguous....

I've said it once, and I'll say it again, 99.9% I am fucking around here. Re-read that, and re-read it again.

Then move on.

But they WANT to care about you Banky. <_<

Obviously some actually do care as half of the time they create posts about how much I suck, how I am a zit on the ass of humanity, and I deserve to be castrated. I don't necessarily think people like, love, or hate me - they just waste their time interpreting my nothingness.

99.9% I am fucking around here

So, basically, only about 0.1% of the time are you actually being honest about anything. The rest of the time you're just trying to manipulate people.

Thanks, I think that says it all.

Okay people, this isn't about Banky. There's a lot of us who like the folder for completely un-Banky-related reasons. It's a place to hang out. It's got, to me, a much looser, and yes, even "stupider" feel than GC does. And I like that, and I know I'm not the only one.

And in all honesty, once Hardcore Discussion is gone General Chat is going to instantly become exactly the same as HD is now.

That's a good thing, except I wouldn't have used the words instantly or exactly. A lot of fun, time killing stuff happened in nhb. I'm of the opinion that getting rid of the folder might create that kind of thing again. Naturally, because motherfuckers be trying too hard right now. Need to let that shit cultivate on it's own.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

If you don't like how the folder is don't go in. You'll have no reason to bitch about it then.

And getting rid of people because they post alot in the HD folder is the stupidest idea ever. I think most of the people in the CE folder are bigger losers/douches anyway.

Its this weirdo "lets ban a message board folder on the internet because it lacks intelligent conversation" that boggles my mind. Maybe it is those who takes themselves and their "elitist points of view" on the internet too seriously who truly are the despicable ones.

I'm not saying dump NHB because it lacks intelligent conversation (though I did express disappointment in how it had turned into a troll breeding ground). I'm saying dump NHB because it's redundant. Look at the first post that I made in this thread, Banky. Any of the good threads from NHB could exist just as well in General Chat. Do you even have a response for that?

For the love of god, you're not getting censored. A hundred people aren't going to be following you around and telling you how to post at Underground Smarks because that's your place. But if the moderators (and the posters) of TSM feel like the garbage from NHB is entirely unnecessary and that the good elements of NHB can live in General Chat...then they've got the right to get rid of the folder - it's their community too.

But if I knew I could step into GC or this new folder and ramble about snow or my sandals, that'd be just fine. The "I'm here to save the board" and "you suck" threads can take a flying leap for all I care.

Question: what is keeping you from doing those threads in GC? It's General Chat. It has had threads like "The Person Above You Thread" - how is it somehow "smarter"?

The people who are worried about the stupidity of NHB spreading into the other folders may have a legitimate complaint, but everybody else who is basically saying that TSM WOULD BE BANNING FUN IF THEY BANNED NHB~! are making absolutely no sense. Seriously, take a second, relax, and think about it - give me a legitimate reason why the fun that you have in NHB is somehow unattainable elsewhere.

It's more the fact that you lot are too involved with one particularly useless, idiotic, uncivilised, prolific, and wholly ridiculous aspect.

You're very condescending for someone who has forged a reputation for being the most bookish of all the geeks on an internet wrestling board.

Personally, in real life I'd rather talk to the sort of person who talks shit and can have fun with stupidity than someone who takes themselves seriously.

Its this weirdo "lets ban a message board folder on the internet because it lacks intelligent conversation" that boggles my mind.  Maybe it is those who takes themselves and their "elitist points of view" on the internet too seriously who truly are the despicable ones.

I'm not saying dump NHB because it lacks intelligent conversation (though I did express disappointment in how it had turned into a troll breeding ground). I'm saying dump NHB because it's redundant. Look at the first post that I made in this thread, Banky. Any of the good threads from NHB could exist just as well in General Chat. Do you even have a response for that?

For the love of god, you're not getting censored. A hundred people aren't going to be following you around and telling you how to post at Underground Smarks because that's your place. But if the moderators (and the posters) of TSM feel like the garbage from NHB is entirely unnecessary and that the good elements of NHB can live in General Chat...then they've got the right to get rid of the folder - it's their community too.

But if I knew I could step into GC or this new folder and ramble about snow or my sandals, that'd be just fine. The "I'm here to save the board" and "you suck" threads can take a flying leap for all I care.

Question: what is keeping you from doing those threads in GC? It's General Chat. It has had threads like "The Person Above You Thread" - how is it somehow "smarter"?

The people who are worried about the stupidity of NHB spreading into the other folders may have a legitimate complaint, but everybody else who is basically saying that TSM WOULD BE BANNING FUN IF THEY BANNED NHB~! are making absolutely no sense. Seriously, take a second, relax, and think about it - give me a legitimate reason why the fun that you have in NHB is somehow unattainable elsewhere.

The major difference between General Chat and Hardcore Discussion, at least as far as I see it, is that HD is about talking trash, going off topic, gross stupidity. GC, on the other hand, is more about talking about a story, staying on topic, controlled stupidity.

Look at the best threads from NHB and HD. They wouldn't fit into GC. There's too much rambling, too much randomness, too much stupidity. Therefore, I'd leave NHB the way it is. It is unique.