TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Spaceman Spiff

OK, this Taker crap...

Guest Trivia247

well how the hell did you think he was going to return to the gimmick that brought him?

Ride down on his bike looking like Ghost Rider?

its the Classic taker mindgames... well not classic but the Mid level Taker midgames

well how the hell did you think he was going to return to the gimmick that brought him?

Ride down on his bike looking like Ghost Rider?

its the Classic taker mindgames... well not classic but the Mid level Taker midgames

It doesn't hit classic until Taker wheels out a casket with Kane inside....while the real Kane is standing in the ring, ala Diesel circa 1996.

That was the shit.

UYI

So, either Undertaker has supernatural powers (lame), or he snuck into the arena and rigged up the "lightening" and the smoke for the ring (whaaah?).

"Suspension of disbelief" is fine & dandy, but this stuff is just awful.

So, either Undertaker has supernatural powers (lame), or he snuck into the arena and rigged up the "lightening" and the smoke for the ring (whaaah?).

One man's Giant Gonzalez is another man's Kurt Angle.

UYI

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

It's awesome, and the people who don't like it are the people who don't like Taker, even though he busted out a hell of a year in 2003.

Were you an oldschool Taker fan? If not, then this angle isn't for you. For all (or most) of us who were and still am Taker marks, then this is a great angle.

It's awesome, and the people who don't like it are the people who don't like Taker, even though he busted out a hell of a year in 2003.

To me, it was one of the best years that Taker has ever had. He's really improved over the past few years. I just hope that when he comes back, they allow him to still work as he has been over the past few years, while still bringing out all of the oldschool Taker moves/taunts/etc... that makes him The Undertaker.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

I think DH hit the nail on the head, the angle works, and crowd reactions show that perfectly. You can't argue with the pops it's getting.

To me, it was one of the best years that Taker has ever had. He's really improved over the past few years. I just hope that when he comes back, they allow him to still work as he has been over the past few years, while still bringing out all of the oldschool Taker moves/taunts/etc... that makes him The Undertaker.

To be honest, I cannot think of another time in Taker's career were he looked in better shape than he did last year. He really bulked up and looked to be in peak condition.

Not bad for a 40+ Undertaker.

UYI

the angle was old and tired a long time ago. I'd imagine I'd be ok with it, if it was UT's way of saying this is his last feud, but like that is actually gonna happen. His "badass" gimmick was stale and instead of something new, revert back to a cartoonish gimmick......riiiiiight.

Guest hhheld_down

im really liking the angle myself, Kane's reactions are great and Taker's mind games are good. i couldnt help but laugh though when the "lightning bolt" hit, must of scared the shit out of everyone in that arena :lol:

Guest Choken One

This angle is SCRICTLY for the marks...

The Shawn/HHH/Benoit angle is very old school and it easily appeals to the smarker audience...

I think it can be neither. This angle is more like a conscious ignorance of disbelief, more of a movie than a wrestling angle. Everyone knows it's unbelievable, but we play along anyway, because we understand what it is. Wrestling usually tries to stay grounded in reality, but this is one situation where I think an exception is appropriate.

I think saying Taker had a great 2003 is a bit silly. He had one real good match all year (vs. Angle), and everything else was bad-decent. I haven't had such a good laugh since I saw people creaming themselves over the craptastic Chain On A Pole match at No Mercy.

Meh, I love it, I loved old school Taker and hate stupid Bikertaker, I've been waiting for this for a long time. It's obviously not realistic or logical, but it's fun, and that's something that Taker hasn't been ever since his 2000 return.

I am not exactly sure why Kane fears Deadman anyway. I mean they have feuded before a bunch and Kane got the better of him a lot of the times. Also couldn't wwe do something better with the video vigenettes then blurry images of kane's smirk? Or at least change the video everytime.

I think the video packages they are putting together for this angle are AWESOME.

I am a little annoyed that they are hitting during matches with guys like Goldberg, but eh.

I love the angle. I just turned a wrestling fan in 2000 when he turned to a biker, but I still mark whenever I see old school Taker montages or videos or clips or anything like that.

I know we make a lot of "WWE Logic" jokes, but this is the one angle where the illogical is flat out cool, IMO. I know technically it is lame, but it rocks none the less.

Guest Olympic Slam

Maybe it's because I'm 20 and I'm a rocket scientist, but if this Taker shit were any stupider it would have been pooped out by a D student.