TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest THE MIGHTY THOR

Kevin Kelly's two cents

Guest THE MIGHTY THOR

FORMER WWE ANNOUNCER KEVIN KELLY DEBUTS WITH HIS LOOK AT THE HHH-BENOIT-MICHAELS TRIANGLE

by Kevin Kelly @ 1:22:36 PM on 2/10/2004

Two's Company, Three's A Crowd But One Triple H is All You Will Get

Chris Benoit earned a World Heavyweight Championship match against Triple H at WrestleMania. No, wait, he was on Smackdown! How did he get to Raw? Toss logic out the window but welcome aboard Chris!

Shawn Michaels gets a draw finish out of his brutal match with Triple H but HBK somehow feels he is "that close" to beating The Game for the title and he wants into the World Heavyweight Championship match at WrestleMania.

Raw this past week featured a great promo by Triple H, lots of quiet seething and simmering exuberance from Benoit and a Superkick from Shawn that KO's the mostly silent aggressor. Welcome to the muddy water of the WWE! Who stirs the muck? C'mon, you know who!

Let's discuss. Fans have just over a month to chew and digest a Chris Benoit/Triple H match. Because of his "outside looking in" presence on Smackdown, Benoit's character needs life breathed into it. Time is a good thing. WrestleMania 20 isn't tomorrow.

But Benoit is given little air time and barely says "boo" when he gets time. Triple H stares at Benoit while Chris looks scared to make eye contact with the Game. Trust me when I tell you this that Chris Benoit was instructed to look away when Triple H was berating him.

So instead of taking the time to clearly state what Benoit is all about, fans are distracted by Shawn Michaels' presence in the Benoit/H drama. By the way, the reunion tour between Shawn and the fans is largely over and Shawn got nothing for reaction when he won the belt two November's ago. Fans love to see Shawn but they like him now as the underdog, not the top guy. Shawn's sad, tired eyes and lean frame are not appropriate for the main event but for the Hall of Fame banquet the night before.

Even though he is still, and I will argue this with anybody, the most talented guy on the roster, Shawn Michaels shouldn't be a part of WrestleMania 20's match between Chris Benoit and Triple H. Shawn's time has passed and Benoit's time is now. But Shawn Michaels didn't go out there tonight on his own. Shawn was instructed to make Chris Benoit look stupid after Triple H berated the Royal Rumble winner.

Even if the unthinkable happens, a Benoit victory at Mania will be hollow if he isn't "over" heading into the match because challengers will need the build in post-WM matches against the new champ. Read these next two lines and remember them because they are true, now and forever.

The belt doesn't get you over. You get the belt because you are over.

Sooner rather than later, it will be determined that Benoit "just isn't the right guy to be champ" and you-know-who will be back in! That's right! Here comes Triple H! Don't believe me? Let history be your guide...

Triple H was the guy who refused to lose to either Kane or RVD because he said he was better than both of them, even though each of them was over. So to show he is a good guy, Triple H loses to Shawn Michaels, who didn't want or need the belt. Triple H knew it, the fans knew it and everyone farted on it. One month later, Triple H won the belt back.

Goldberg took the belt in September and once again Triple H regained it before Hanukkah. But Big Bad Bill had been turned into Sweet William before The Game "passed the torch" and other top guys on Raw could be counted on the fingers of a one-armed man with advancing leprosy. Therefore, Triple H "earns" back his title.

If Triple H loses the belt to a guy who is over, then the next Rock or Austin could be created and the Game gets moved down the card.

Triple H is like a mother with Munchausen Syndrome By Proxy, where the deranged woman feels good about saving her baby's life even though she is the one who tried to kill it.

But do you honestly even believe for a second that Chris Benoit would win the World Heavyweight Championship at WrestleMania 20? As much as I would love it for endorsement of Chris' hard work and the internally sinful word "wrestler" being synonymous with the WWE, it will probably not happen. If it did, it would be a short honeymoon for Benoit fans and the Rabid Wolverine's grasp of the gold because he isn't allowed to get over because of timid body language and getting punked out by a third wheel.

Chris Benoit is the best wrestler in the world today and in an era where the front office wants more "wrestling". Shouldn’t they have the best wrestler represent the company? I know. I know. My logical side took over. This is the WWE we are talking about. Triple H is smothering the company with a pillow, only to give it CPR in a couple of months.

I want to close my first column on PWInsider.com by thanking Dave and the boys for allowing me to jump aboard and I welcome your feedback, support and overt praise. You can email me at [email protected].

credit:PWInsider

Guest Krazy Karter
Triple H is like a mother with Munchausen Syndrome By Proxy, where the deranged woman feels good about saving her baby's life even though she is the one who tried to kill it.

Hermy brings the content!

Even though he is still, and I will argue this with anybody, the most talented guy on the roster, Shawn Michaels shouldn't be a part of WrestleMania 20's match between Chris Benoit and Triple H.

Chris Benoit is the best wrestler in the world today

So, Kevin, which is it?

Wow, another bitter ex-WWE employee "bringing the content".

I think being talented and being the best are not the same thing.

Correct.

Off-topic comparison: Kobe Bryant, although (arguably) the most talented player in the NBA, is certainly not the best player in the league right now.

good stuff. not necessarily breaking new ground, but hey it is always nice for our feelings on this to be re-affirmed by an "insider"

Guest JMA

I sometimes wonder what a Jim Cornette or a Paul Heyman would say about WWE if they were let go.

But Big Bad Bill had been turned into Sweet William before The Game "passed the torch" and other top guys on Raw could be counted on the fingers of a one-armed man with advancing leprosy. Therefore, Triple H "earns" back his title.

I should use that line more often. Thank you Kevin Kelly!

I thought that was a really good read. Well done Kevin. I don't care if he's bitter or not, I enjoy it and look forward to more from the man once dubbed "Hermie" by The Rock.

Guest Quik

I love how people say he's bitter. The fact is, this company is obviously hell to work for, and a vast majority of the people on roster are unhappy. Granted, the clique is happy because they basically run the place. Guys like BIll DeMott and the Cat know they aren't gonna get shit from any other fed, so they're happy with their place. But there's a huge chunk of guys just dealing with their mistreatment and accepting their paycheck because they aren't gonna get the money anywhere else. Sure, a guy like Jericho or RVD could bail to TNA and win their belt, put on great matches and feel like they're producing something, but the money will suck. It's sad, really. Fuck Vince for becoming Eric Bischoff and Ted Turner rolled into one uber-prick.

Triple H loses to Shawn Michaels, who didn't want or need the belt. Triple H knew it, the fans knew it and everyone farted on it.

Exactly! So why bother redoing a flopped idea?