TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JN News

Smackdown Spoilers???

Velocity:

1. Akio beat Lamont

2. Paul London & Kidman beat FBI (Johnny & Nunzio)

3. A-Train beat Mr. Ass. This was bad.

4. Ultimo Dragon beat Shannon Mooore. Good match

5. Orlando Jordan beat Chuck Palumbo. "Worst match I ever seen," Craig

said. FBI beat up Jordan afterwards. That was the big Velocity angle.

SD:

1. Rey Misterio beat Tajiri. Good match. Rey comes out with the boxer

dude. Afterwards, Los Chavitos jump in and beat up Rey, then boxer dude

goes hoss and KO's Chavo Sr. This was cool

Interview with Angle setting up the PPV. Talked about triple threat match,

nothing much.

2. Danny Basham beat Scotty 2 Hotty with a cradle holding Doug's hands for

leverage. Both partners were there as well. Shaniqua almost gets ass spot

and falls out of her top. That will be edited out for sure.

3. Bradshaw beat Shelton Benjamin with the clothesline from hell in a pretty

decent little match

Nidia and Jamie do an angle. She threw her mink coat into a wood chipper

that she'd brought out. Yes, a huge woodchipper. "It was the most

ridiculous thing you've ever seen." Jamie will be blindfolded in their

match at the PPV. Oh, those blindfold matches are always great.

Angle was shown laid out backstage. They put him on a backboard and

stretchered him out. Main was supposed to be Angle & Guerrero vs. Show &

Lesnar.

Right after they showed him being laid out, there was a Mariachi band shown

set up in the ring. Brock comes out with a sombrero, does a little Mexican

dance, cuts a promo on Guerrero. Eddy comes out, they exchange words, talk

about his drug abuse, the PPV, the belt, etc. During the promo, Eddy threw

one of the Mariachi mics out of the ring and it accidentally hit a cameraman

on the head and busted him open.

4. Rhyno DDQ Bob Holly. Horrid.

They showed footage of the Stacy/Jackie promo from Raw, so they'll be doing

interpromotional at WrestleMania.

Brock and Show come out for the main. Eddy out in a lowrider, then Cena's

music hits.

5. Eddy & Cena vs. Brock & Show. Heat on Cena FOREVER. Finally, Eddy is

in the ring with Brock. Angle comes out, tattoos Cena and Show with a

chair. Eddy low blows Lesnar, and hits him with the chain for the pin.

Doesn't look good for Eddy winning the belt at the PPV.

credit observer site

Guest OnlyMe

Looks crap, from top to bottom.

1) OMG ANGLE IS DEAD BUT HE RECOVERS FOR THE END OF THE SHOW~! How many times have we seen a variant of that?

2) Racist Brock?

3) Blindfolded? Fucking BLINDFOLDED. At least it adds some unpredictability to the match.

4) Boxer dude?

Guest Mulatto Heat
2) Racist Brock?

Didn't AS describe a skit similar to this as what's going to happen in the Eddie/Angle feud? Looks like WWE beat you to the punch, 'Sault!

how long has it been since we've had at least a semi-blindfold match.

Does Tajiri/Nidia from whenever it was count?

4. Rhyno DDQ Bob Holly. Horrid.

For some reason this short but sweet match description got a guffaw out of me. Then I came here and Gunslinger's sig got an even bigger one out of me.

3. Bradshaw beat Shelton Benjamin with the clothesline from hell in a pretty decent little match

:rolleyes:

WWE here has Eddy go over since they know that even marks can figure out that they are setting up Brock/Goldberg at WMXX and that Brock won't be facing anyone in the #1 contender match, thus Brock is dropping the title on Sunday. They go against their typical pre-PPV booking of having the loser of the PPV match get the upperhand to make people think that maybe Brock will actually win. They obviously got the person who wrote this report to doubt Eddie's chances.

Guest J0bber

No new matches added to No Way Out at the show? That's odd since they only have four so far.

I'm also going to guess their do one of those promotional segments in the ring with Sable & Torrie with the big Playboy cover cut out and Stacy and Jacki(sp?) will show up and kick off that much anticipated feud for WMXX.

BTW, where is No Way Out? Any chance of a hot crowd?

Why oh why oh why oh why is Bradshaw so protected? Beating Benjamin? What's the point???

Knoble is *SO* jobbing at the PPV. So, so sad.

Orlando Jordan beat Chuck Palumbo

Of course he did. Chuck's a buy-out guy, and those are the only people Jordan ever gets wins against.

SD looks like it could be a good show. It's usually better than the spoilers indicate. Looks like a couple good matches at least.

Guest Goodear

You know this is going to sound really strange but I'm actually interested in seeing Danny Basham in a singles match against Scotty. I really can't recall Basham having a singles match yet on WWE television although I remeber Doug having one against a cruiserweight that turned out actually pretty okay. It'll be interesting to me to see if Danny can show a little bit more as a single and lead into me being all 'break these guys up'.

This one might be a little more detailed.

**SPOILERS** WWE Smackdown! Tapings

Story By: Tracey Russell

February 11, 2004

Thanks to ProWrestling.com reader Brian Viafore for sending in the following spoilers for this Thursday's edition of SmackDown!:

The T-Dome seats aprox. 18,000. There were about 9,000 people in attendance. The entire hard camera side was blocked off with a curtain. Most of the upper level was tarped off as well. For the remaining seats, I could barely see any open seats. They crammed us in there. I hate to say this, but the crowd was dead most of the night. The first two Velocity matches got a good pop, as well as the main event, but everything else was dead. The Northwest usually has good crowds, since they don't come up here very much. It doesn't help much when the show sucks too. I would grade tonight's show a D+. Onto the results.

Dark Match:

- Lamont vs. Akio. Nobody knew who Lamont was. Everybody thought he was The Cat since he came out to his music. No Cat tonight. Akio came out by himself as well. Akio gets the win with his finisher.

Velocity:

- Ultimo Dragon vs. Shannon Moore. Dragon gets a good pop and Moore receives a mixed reaction. Good match with Dragon getting the victory with his finisher.

- Velocity pyros hit.

- Billy Kidman & Paul London vs. FBI: Nunzio & Johnny Stamboli. Good match with Kidman & London getting the victory.

- A-Train vs. Billy Gunn. The match starts out with a very loud "Shave your back" chant. A-Train gets the pin with his feet on the ropes over Billy Gunn.

- Chuck Palumbo vs. Orlando Jordan. Crowd was dead for this match. Orlando gets the win, but is quickly attacked as the rest of the FBI comes from the back to jump Jordan.

Smackdown!:

-Recap of Raw with Heyman and Goldberg.

-Opening pyros

-Main Event for tonight: Angle & Guerrero vs. Lesnar & Big Show

-Rey Mysterio w/ the boxer guy from his video vs. Tajiri. Chavo and his father come out shortly after the match begins. Rey gets in the 619 and Drop of 'da dime to win over Tajiri. Chavo rushes the ring. Chavo Sr. and the boxer guy get into it. Rey and his buddy clear the ring. Lots of "Chavo sucks" and "Eddie" chants during this match. From this match on, crowd was dead for the rest of the night. There was just no energy tonight from both the wrestlers or the fans. It seemed like "just another show" type of attitude from the wrestlers. Nothing special tonight. A lot of hype for a PPV that looks awful.

-Heyman and Lesnar talk about No Way Out and Goldberg

-Danny Basham w/ Shaniqua & Doug Basham vs. Scotty 2 Hotty w/ Rikishi. Danny Basham gets the win.

-Medics are rushing backstage as Kurt Angle is shown lying on the floor, it appears he has been jumped.

-Hardcore Holly vs. Rhyno. Rhyno gets DQ'd. Holly goes crazy and beats heavily on Rhyno outside the ring.

-Angle is attended to by medics.

-A Mexican Band is in the ring and starts performing traditional Mexican music. Nobody knows what is going on. Lesnar comes out with a straw sombrero and dances around like a fool. Lesnar makes fun of Guerrero. Eddie runs out from the back and clears the ring, throwing the microphone stands from the Band out of the ring. Lesnar comes back in and Eddie cuts a great interview about addiction, ending it with I am addicted to entertaining the fans. During the interview, Eddie kind of breaks character and shouts out at a fan "bite me." The fan was sitting on the hard camera side. Don't know what the fan said.

-Shelton Benjamin w/ Charlie Haas vs. Bradshaw w/ Farooq. Really long and boring match. Bradshaw wins with the Clothesline from Hell.

-Jamie Noble comes out and demands that Nidia to get out of his life and for Nidia to return the fur jacket. A Truck pulls out from back with a wood chipper attached to it. Nidia gets out of the truck and tells Noble that Paul Heyman just made a change to their match at NOW. Noble now has to be blindfolded for the match. Nidia then throws the coat in the wood chipper and the coat is shredded to pieces.

-Torrie Wilson and Sable interview about Playboy was shown on the screen. It was taped somewhere else. Very lame that they were not at the show.

-Main Event: Brock Lesnar & The Big Show vs. Eddie Guerrero & Kurt Angle. Lesnar enters, then Big Show. Eddie comes out in a low rider. Angle's music hits, but no Angle. Seconds later, John Cena's music hits and he rushes to the ring with Eddie and they go to work on Lesnar and Big Show. Very long match, and it was good. The finish has Cena and Big Show fighting outside the ring when Angle comes running out from the back with a car and he nails the Big Show. Cena stands there over the Big Show. Angle then gives a gut shot with the chair to John Cena. We have an Angle heel turn. While this happens Eddie gets the roll up pin on Lesnar to win the match. Cena and Guerrero ride the car back while Lesnar and Big Show are in the ring.

That's it from Tacoma. We had three long interviews tonight. It really took the momentum away from the show. Again, a D+ for the show.

Biggest Pops:

1. Cena

2. Eddie

3. APA

Biggest Heat:

1. Lesnar

2. Chavo

3. A-Train

Guest Mulatto Heat
I'm actually interested in seeing Danny Basham in a singles match against Scotty. I really can't recall Basham having a singles match yet on WWE television

He had a very short one against Billy Gunn in July or August.

although I remeber Doug having one against a cruiserweight that turned out actually pretty okay.

Was that the one against Billy Kidman in late 2002?

A third set of spoilers from the Torch:

DARK MATCH

(1) Akio (without Sakoda) pinned Lamont (without the Cat).

VELOCITY TAPINGS

(1) Ultimo Dragon pinned Shannon Moore.

(2) Billy Kidman & Paul London beat Nunzio & Johnny "The Bull" Stamboli (without Chuck Palumbo, since he's in action later).

(3) A-Train pinned "Mr. Ass" Billy Gunn by putting his feet on the ropes for leverage.

(4) Orlando Jordan pinned Chuck Palumbo, but as Orlando was walking backstage, the other two members of the FBI ran down for the beatdown on Orlando.

SMACKDOWN TAPINGS

The show started with a recap of the segment with Mr. McMahon, Goldberg, Steve Austin, and Paul Heyman on Raw. Tonight's main event is Eddie Guerrero & Kurt Angle versus the Big Show & Brock Lesnar.

(1) Rey Mysterio (with boxing champion Jose Paez) pinned Tajiri, despite the Chavos coming out to distract Rey. After the match, Chavo Guererro Sr. and Chavo Guerrero Jr. ran down to the ring to attack Rey. Chavo Sr. ended up alone in the ring with Jose Paez and acted like he wanted to fight Jose, so Jose took off his jacket and took down Chavo Sr. with one of the worst looking punches I've ever seen.

There was another replay of the angle on Raw, this time showing Heyman getting speared by Goldberg.

Backstage, Brock Lesnar seemed quietly frustrated that Heyman had been speared by Goldberg on Raw. Heyman said that Goldberg didn't spear Paul Heyman, he speared Brock Lesnar, which got Brock Lesnar psyched up.

(2) Danny Basham (w/Doug Basham, Shaniqua) pinned Scotty Too Hotty (w/Rikishi) with a cradle after Doug provided Danny with extra leverage from the outside. After the match, Rikishi tried to give the Banzai Drop to Shaniqua, but one of the Bashams pulled her out of the ring. It was announced that Rikishi and Scotty's title defense against the Bashams at No Way Out will be handicap match, with Shaniqua helping out the Bashams.

Commercial Break

Backstage Rey Mysterio (with Jose Paez) did an interview with Josh Matthews. Rey promised to beat Chavo Guerrero Jr. at No Way Out. Chavo Guerrero Sr. was being cared for backstage after being knocked out in the ring, and Chavo Guerrero Jr. promised that, at No Way Out, Chavo Sr. would knock out Jose Paez.

Commercial Break

After the commercial break, Josh Matthews interviewed Kurt Angle about his three-way match at No Way Out. Kurt Angle said that he would do whatever it takes to beat John Cena and the Big Show. Kurt also said that they have two things in common: (a) One of them thinks he is Eminem, the other likes to "eat M & M's, lots of them!" (b) They are both going to lose to Kurt Angle at No Way Out.

Kurt said that he is "meant" to go on to WrestleMania, and ended his promo with "It's true. It's DAMN true!"

Commercial Break

(3) Hardcore Holly beat Rhyno by DQ after Rhyno apparently ignored the referee's instructions to stop kicking Hardcore in the corner. After the match, Hardcore went on the offensive on Rhyno outside the ring, until four referees pulled Hardcore off Rhyno and kept the two apart from each other.

Backstage, Kurt Angle had apparently been taken out by someone and was unconscious, with only Orlando Jordan standing by him as others began to arrive on the scene.

Commercial Break

Eddie Guerrero was backstage with Kurt as Kurt was loaded onto a stretcher and had a neck brace attached.

During the previous break, a traditional Mexican band had set themselves up inside the ring. After the Eddie/Kurt segment, the band kicked in and Brock Lesnar walked out in a sombrero. Actually, he danced out in a sombrero. You have not lived until you've seen Brock Lesnar dancing to traditional Mexican music while wearing a sombrero. Brock came in the ring and, after some more dancing, began conducting the band.

Eddie Guerrero ran out, and the band bolted. Eddie threw the band's equipment outside at Brock and the band members. Eventually Brock got into the ring and complained, saying that the band had "swam a Hell of a long way" to be here tonight. Brock began to tell Eddie that Eddie was a fighter, but that at No Way Out, instead of fighting the odds, Eddie Guerrero would be fighting Brock Lesnar. Eddie countered by saying that he remembers being in Brock's hometown, Minneapolis, Minnesota. He doesn't remember much about that night, though, because he was really, really high. (This sadly got a pop from the crowd). That night, he was carried out of the arena and sent directly to rehab. Eddie said that he lost his job, lost his wife, lost his kids, "lost myself", "lost my spirit." He yelled "Bite Me", which I wasn't sure whether it was directed at Brock or someone in the crowd. Eddie said that he disgraced his race, his family, and himself. However, "Day by day, by the grace of God," Eddie earned his way back. He earned back the respect of his kids and earned his life back. To Eddie, the WWE Title symbolizes "I'm sorry" to his family. It symbolizes that he will provide a better life for his kids (This, thankfully, also got a huge crowd pop). Going after the WWE Title is Eddie's new addiction. For everyone who didn't believe in him, they can stick it up their ass. Eddie promised to run over everybody in his way to get his new high.

Commercial Break

(4) Bradshaw (w/Faarooq) pinned Shelton Benjamin (w/Charlie Haas) after a Clothesline From Hell.

Backstage, Josh Matthews told the crowd that all the evidence pointed to Kurt's assailant being one of three men: the Big Show (who he's facing tonight and at No Way Out), John Cena (who he's facing at No Way Out) or Brock Lesnar (who he's facing tonight and possibly at WrestleMania).

Commercial Break

Jamie Noble came out to the ring and said that Nidia shouldn't expect to take any of the stuff that he bought her with her when she leaves, especially that "five thousand dollar" mink coat. Jamie also said that Nidia spent all his money.

Nidia came out in a giant truck of some kind. Nidia explained that it was a woodchipper. She said that Jamie Noble didn't have a log big enough to put in the machine, but she did put something else in there: The mink coat. Also, Nidia let Jamie Noble know that Paul Heyman had declared that, in their match at No Way Out, Jamie would have to be blindfolded. Noble protested, but Nidia pointed out that she managed to do it for two months. Jamie Noble lost it as Nidia walked backstage, and Noble ran up to the stage, kneeling and looking in horror at the pieces of fur everywhere.

Commercial Break

Sable and Torrie Wilson did an interview with Rue promoting their appearance together in Playboy magazine. Rue even asked if there was any sexual tension between the two, to which Torrie Wilson quickly asserted her heterosexuality. They also showed Stacy shaking her BUTT and Jackie taking off her top, and Sable and Torrie referred to these incidents as jealousy.

Big Show and Brock Lesnar came down for the main event. Eddie Guerrero came down the ramp in a lowrider. Kurt Angle's wasn't anywhere to be seen due to his injury earlier, and Big Show and Brock responded gleefully in the ring. However, John Cena's music played and he was apparently Kurt's replacement. Cena didn't deliver any Thuganomics tonight.

(5) Eddie Guerrero & John Cena beat Brock Lesnar & the Big Show after Eddie pinned Brock following a shot with the steel chain. Eddie was in the ring with Brock. Show and Cena were brawling on the outside when Kurt Angle ran down to the ring with a steel chair. He took out Big Show, and then blasted John Cena, but there was no DQ. Eddie hit Brock from behind in the crotch with a steel chain wrapped around his hand and scored the pin.

After the match, Eddie held John Cena up on the outside. Brock and Big Show stumbled around in the ring for a long time before finally walking to the back to end the show.

The second spoilers guy jumped the gun on declaring Angle heel. He's weakening his two PPV competitors. It'd be stupid to just hit one with a chair.

No thuganomics at all? Anyway, I'll be missing this week's (and next week's) Smackdown (and next week's RAW) so it doesn't look like I'll be too sad over that. Only the opener, main event and the middle-of-the-show promo look interesting.

Guest Goodear

[Danny Basham] had a very short one against Billy Gunn in July or August.

I can't imagine that being any good. Scotty will be a better opponent since he pretty much lets guys beat the tar out of him for the majority of his matches.

Was that the one against Billy Kidman in late 2002?

I think so, Doug broke out a tilt-a-whirl faceuster that was pretty much the neatest thing I've seen him do other than the middle rope spinebuster. I'm just hoping that these guys bring more personality as singles than they do as a team since they seem to meld into each other and become a rather unremarkable blob.

Hey, I thought TWGTT won a #1 contenders match this past Velocity? But it'll be Bashams vs. S2H/Rikishi? I'd like to see the Bashams regain the titles, then feud w/ a face-turned TWGTT.

And why would Heyman agree to have Knoble blindfolded fo rhis match w/ Nidia? That doesn't make sense for a heel GM.

Guest Goodear

And why would Heyman agree to have Knoble blindfolded fo rhis match w/ Nidia? That doesn't make sense for a heel GM.

Hopefully they taped something to expain it like Nidia was all 'ohhh Paul give me match and me givum horny' or some such nonsense. At least that makes sense with Paul being such a letch and Nidia being a redneck whore.

No new matches added to No Way Out at the show? That's odd since they only have four so far.

Well they added

Rikishi and Scotty vs Bashams and Shaniqua

and since a WWE PPV has no less than 7 matches most of the time, I would say that

TWGTT vs. APA

Rhyno vs. Hardcore Holly

are possibilities from reading the spoilers

Hey, I thought TWGTT won a #1 contenders match this past Velocity? But it'll be Bashams vs. S2H/Rikishi? I'd like to see the Bashams regain the titles, then feud w/ a face-turned TWGTT.

Actually, it was more of a "winner gets a shot at a #1 contenders match." With Shelton facing Bradshaw this week and Faarrooq back there's a chance for TWGTT vs. APA at No Way Out.

Nidia Vs. Jamie is now a blindfold match? :huh:

Brock comes out with a sombrero, does a little Mexican

dance

:lol: I gotta see that.

Eddy & Cena vs. Brock & Show.

Sweet! I'm definitely watching this main event.

BTW, where is No Way Out?

Its in San Francisco.

Any chance of a hot crowd?

Dunno

Guest wildpegasus

WWE here has Eddy go over since they know that even marks can figure out that they are setting up Brock/Goldberg at WMXX and that Brock won't be facing anyone in the #1 contender match, thus Brock is dropping the title on Sunday. They go against their typical pre-PPV booking of having the loser of the PPV match get the upperhand to make people think that maybe Brock will actually win. They obviously got the person who wrote this report to doubt Eddie's chances.

Guerrero may also won because they're going to have super amounts of interference at the PPV and the WWE wants to show that Guerrero can actually beat Lesnar even if it is by cheating. The WWE is in a bad state right row where there are no superstars that can lay down fairly. Guerrero, Lesnar, Angle, Foley, Goldberg, Benoit, HHH, Michaels, Undertaker, Kane and almost even Orton. That's a lot of talent that can't go down to anyone.

I can't wait to see Brock Lesnar dancing and wearing a sombrero.

No shit. I might have to have a .gif of Brock doing the happy dance in Mexican garb as my avatar here in a few days...

Guest Anglesault

The Bashams should never LOOK at those belts again.

BTW, where is No Way Out?

Its in San Francisco.

OMG THE RETURN OF JEFF HARDY~!

Hey, I thought TWGTT won a #1 contenders match this past Velocity?  But it'll be Bashams vs. S2H/Rikishi?  I'd like to see the Bashams regain the titles, then feud w/ a face-turned TWGTT.

The Bashams should never LOOK at those belts again.

I'd have Bashams regain, then feud w/ & drop the belts to face TWGTT.

Much better than feuding S2H/Rikishi & TWGTT.

I'd have Bashams regain, then feud w/ & drop the belts to face TWGTT.

Much better than feuding S2H/Rikishi & TWGTT.

I agree.

More to follow on the next exciting edition of WWE Velocity!!!