TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
haVoc

Few WWE Notes

WWE management was very happy with how the Eddie Guerrero/Brock Lesnar match came off at No Way Out last night. [PWInsider.com]

Brock was said to be OK backstage following his match at No Way Out last night, despite being bloodied up a bit. [PWInsider.com]

The Shaniqua gimmick appears to be finished. Linda Miles will be going back down to OVW soon. [WrestlingObserver.com]

Credit: 411

The Shaniqua gimmick appears to be finished. Linda Miles will be going back down to OVW soon. [WrestlingObserver.com]

Why? :huh:

I thought it worked well and served to get the Bashams over.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Good :)

I thought it sucked and served to keep the Bashams un-over.

Corrected. HAHA

Guest Anglesault

Now you see, for that to happen, the Bashams would have to be over.

Shaniqua can go and take Doug and Danny with her.

If true, then thank you God. That charcter was one of the most pointless characters, ever.

Guest THE MIGHTY THOR

The Bashams and over in the same sentence?I never thought that would be possible.

What Smackdown were you watching?

Shaniqua was always being pushed as the next Chyna and was booked as the priority over the team. Also, no--the Bashams are not over.

Poor Poor Tough Enough girl.

They should have placed her on RAW as sorta the female Giant....even though she's not really that tall.

Ok, so I can't think of a real reason to keep her around period.

Guest webmasterofwrestlegame

While I don;t care for the Basham's gimmick, I do like their in-ring work - especially that of Doug's.

*Sigh* Another person off the main roster because the WWE brain trust is as dull as an old butter knife. The gimmick could have worked if you know, the WWE put some effort into it. First of all, an S&M gimmick is one you don't do at all, or you go full force with it. Having the Bashams wear "gimp" outfits and have Miles walking around "whipping" them is NOT going to work. They like punishment right? Well not have them come off as invinceable almost. Make them THE team to beat. There should have been viginettes of Miles basically beating the shit out of them to toughen them up and prepare them. Sick and disturbing shit. It would have definitely got them over. Oh well.

Danny would work better as The Damaja instead wrestling as DANNY.

I mean come on, how can anyone take you seriously as a tough guy when you are named Danny?

Good Riddance. I can't stand her. I hated her on TE and I hate her character now. Plus, always hearing little things about her backstage doesn't make me hate her any less.

I mean come on, how can anyone take you seriously as a tough guy when you are named Danny?

*see also, THEMONSTERDAVE!~

Guest Trivia247

Linda never did seem to impress me, and that year the winners chosen was so bullshit beyond the usual bullshit we are use to.

Pointless tough enough blah

Guest JumpinJackFlash

I just hope WGTT win the tag titles soon.

Real soon....

I don't want to see Scotty 2 Hotty and Rikishi at Wrestlemania! :angry:

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Real soon....

Well they both have been with WWE a long ass time over the last decade, so I think it's nice to see them get rewarded with a spot on WM, even if its the opener.

I liked Shaniqua better than the Bashams themselves. At least she almost never had a match. ;)

That and when she said "Let's go boys, and whip it good!" in her best serious voice. That's such a damn stupid line that it made me laugh with how straight a face it was being delivered.

Guest JumpinJackFlash
QUOTE (JumpinJackFlash @ Feb 16 2004, 05:49 PM)

Real soon....

I don't want to see Scotty 2 Hotty and Rikishi at Wrestlemania! 

Well they both have been with WWE a long ass time over the last decade, so I think it's nice to see them get rewarded with a spot on WM, even if its the opener.

Yeah, you're probably right. Its just that I HATE the Worm. When Shanequa clotheslined Scotty when he was about to the Worm, I clapped in awe. Or is the word happiness? Either or, I liked it!

Guest JMA

You're right. The "Bashams" need to be split up, repackaged, and sent to different shows.

Yeah, you're probably right. Its just that I HATE the Worm. When Shanequa clotheslined Scotty when he was about to the Worm, I clapped in awe. Or is the word happiness? Either or, I liked it!

I liked the Worm when it was just a funny move to pop the crowd but, I started to hate it when Scotty started to beat people with it. For all the crap that the People's Elbow gets, which it shouldn't, the Worm is an awful finisher. If Scotty went back to using the Worm as a crowd poper and nothing more then I'd like it again.

You're right. The "Bashams" need to be split up, repackaged, and sent to different shows.

Danny needs to turn back into The Damaja and left on Smackdown. The guy was awesome in that character in OVW and his finisher was better than...I guess the roll up he uses now.

I don't know what to do with Doug. He sorta looks like Rick Rude or he kinda did in OVW.

I never understood this. Cornette helps them create these great characters in OVW and when they come up, the writing team scraps them and gives them horrible gimmicks. It would be like having a baseball player in AAA, teaching him to be an outfielder, he plays outfield extremely well, and then bringing him up and telling him "Ok, go out there and pitcher eight innings for us".

Levithan was a much better character than Deacon Batista and then DAVE. The Damaja is a better character than DANNY Basham. About the only one who improved on his gimmick was Cena while the rest got stuck with crap names. Hell, Bane and Seven should come in as henchmen for Kane or something.

Real soon....

But who would TWGTT face at WMXX? The only other face teams are the APA (which would be a waste of Haas and Benjamin) or the newly formed Kidman-London team (which would be great, but Kidman and London haven't had any TV time apart from on Velocity)

Guest Anglesault

OVW has separate shows?

And pardon the unhip, but what is a "Damaja"?

Guest Askewniverse
OVW has separate shows?

And pardon the unhip, but what is a "Damaja"?

Basically, Damaja is another way of spelling "Damager."

Guest TheArchiteck

Damn, got me a little worried. I was thinking she was cut from the company as a whole.

Too bad she entered the depths of OVW. Hopefully she returns back to tv.