TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mikey2Dope

The "What Film(s) Did You Watch Today" Thread

Guest OctoberBlood
I still like it better than The Matrix.

Woooooooooo. Someone agrees.

Halloween (8/10)

Classic horror film. Although they overdo the stalking bits way too much before the killing. Too many times where if the person would have just cocked their head they could have seen him...he didn't really hide or anything.

And say what you will about the Halloween movies...1 and 2 were good, and the rest are pretty bad. But Halloween 1-6 were all made for about $20 million, and did a combined boxoffice of over $200 million.

One of my favorites... My First Mister.  (8.5/10)

Props, homie.

Very, very good movie.

Just for shits and giggles-

Planes, Trains and Automobiles- 8.7/10

Suicide Kings- 3/10

Goodfellas- 10/10

I'm with Aero, not a big fan of Lost in Translation.

Guest thebigjig

Starsky & Hutch - 7/10 (it can only be appreciated if you are familiar with the old tv series... otherwise alot of it will probably not seem funny or just go right over your head)

Lord of the Rings (Fellowship of the Ring) 8/10 - I went in thinking it would be utter crap and came out very happy with 3 1/2 hours of stuff I saw. Now, on to part 2.

Guest OctoberBlood

Zero_Effect_1998.jpg

Zero Effect (7.6/10)

Wow, overlooked I think. Very nice film.

Guest Razor Roman

just watched School of Rock. First DVD I've ever converted to DivX to watch whenever I want at work. Nice.

Brother Bear - ***1/2

Surprisingly moving story and beautiful art, but during many scenes I had the feeling that I had already seen them in other Disney movies. It's just too by-the-numbers sometimes. And too much music. But still a nice film, too bad that Disney has decided to abandon hand-drawn animation for now.

Guest Fook

Death to Smoochy - 8/10

Underrated movie with many hilarious lines, although there are some faults with the plot.

Halloween: Resurrection

0 out of 10

I had seen bits and pieces of this movie a year or so ago, but not enough to call it the worst Halloween movie in the series...but now I have.

This will be a rant...you can turn back now.

Halloween, great movie.

Halloween 2, not bad, decient follow up.

Halloween 3, we won't count that.

Halloween 4, OUCH! This is a shitter.

Halloween 5, EVEN WORSE THAN 4!

Halloween 6, Maybe the most boring horror film ever.

Halloween H20, not as boring as 6, but just as bad a movie.

Halloween Resurrection...I'll go into that

The main problems with recient horror films are the characters. They can't seem to make a single likeable character in a horror film. But that's ok as long as the movie is good enough otherwise.

Halloween Resurrection doesn't have a single charcter that's the least bit worthwhile. I couldn't force myself to like any of the charcters, or even hate them...they weren't even unlikeable. They were all just "bleh!"

10 minutes into the movie you can look at the kids and figure out the only one that'll live till the end. That's another thing wrong with horror films, the shocks are gone. There wasn't a single honest to God scare or suprise in the movie. NOT ONE! One thing that's always bugged me about the series is that the killer will be doing something in plain sight...and if the guy would just look six inches to the right he would see everything, but it's never happened once.

And why did they humanize the Myers mask in H20? It made it way less intimidating.

Busta Rhymes...alright, with horror films you don't expect great or even passable acting. But this was the most embarassing acting performance I've ever seen. Big name rapper or not, I don't see how they put him in a nationaly released movie. He seems so forced onto the audiance in the movie. It's like he's pop up every few minutes and pretty much say "I'm Busta! And I'm the shit!" The charcter was laughable...laughable, but not funny. I don't know how he didn't get the Razzie for 2002.

And could they stop the ending where you know there's not going to be another awful follow up. This series has been downhill after the first one and gets miles worse every time.

Halloween: Resurrection is one of the 5 worst movies I have ever seen.

Guest thebigjig

Scrooged - 9/10

one of my all time favorite Christmas comedies

Tonight I'm going to see Eternal Sunshine... I'm so fucking excited!

Guest T®ITEC

Taking Lives - 7.4/10

I know it's gotten a number of bad reviews, but it's still a good movie. Fun enough for me to see again, at least. I was disappointed by... somebody's brief role in the film (commercials LIE), but he suffered a fine, fiery demise. Poor drug addicts always have to die so young.

Guest thebigjig

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - 10/10

I cannot praise this movie enough... Downhome's review is perfect!