TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mikey2Dope

The "What Film(s) Did You Watch Today" Thread

Guest The Midnight Rocking Warrior

Shadow of the vampire (9/10, one of my new favorite movies, Dafoe really earned his oscar nomination, and Malkovich was awesome)

Any Which Way You Can was showing on swedish tv tonight so I decided to watch it. After groaning my way through the film (how could I once have liked that film? Granted, I was nine at the time, but still) I decided I should watch a good Clint Eastwood movie next, so I pulled out The Outlaw Josey Wales, one of my favourites.

I watched two movies today.

Bubba Ho-Tep - 10/10

Toy Story 2 - 10/10

As far as I'm concerned, both films are perfect for what they are. I might write a review for Bubba.

I can't wait for Bubba Nosferatu!!!

Secret Window - 8/10

-Johnny Depp was just great in this, doing a great job as seems usual with him(I love him as an actor so that doesn't hurt)

-Good ending too, somewhat caught me by surprise

Haf Past Dead - 1/10

-Don't ask...

'the treasure of the sierra madre' - drags in places, but good stuff.

'poison' - weird as shit, but good stuff.

'the little shop of horrors' (original) - goofy, but good stuff.

Guest thebigjig

Big Fish... really really really good movie, despite what some critics have said about it (ebert)

probably an 8/10

Dirty Harry - 7/10

Good, very slick police thriller. The 70's style and music makes it look almost like a Tarantino movie now. Eastwood is great.

The Rundown - 6/10

It's a nice little action comedy. Nothing more, nothing less. The Rock has potential, but needs that one big hit to really get his career going. Sean William Scott should do more action movies instead of pure comedies, I really liked his work here.

Guest T®ITEC

Dark City (1998) - 8.3/10

I am in love with this film. Deeply, deeply in love. Watching it last night still wasn't as good as the first time I saw it... when I was tired and had a fever. I think everyone's probably seen it, so hey. I still like it better than The Matrix.

The Boston Strangler - 8/10

A serial killer movie with Henry Fonda, George Kennedy and Tony Curtis? I'm there baby! Curtis gives the performance of a lifetime as the psychotic killer, and the split screen stuff is very cool. It dragged a bit during the interrogation scenes in the mental hospital, but the final sequence more than makes up for that. Great film.