TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mikey2Dope

The "What Film(s) Did You Watch Today" Thread

I saw Monster again yesterday; 8/10, and it's ALL for Charlize Theron. I also saw Coming to America, one of the five funniest movies EVER, 8.5/10.

Today I'm going to watch the Killer Klowns from Outer Space DVD I picked up last week. Cheeesy goodness! :headbang:

Guest The Satanic Angel

Watched "Pirates of the Caribbean" last night. I give it a solid 10/10.

The gag reel is the best.. Johnny Depp shooting a scene on the ship and you hear a plane fly overhead.

"Is that an airplane?"

Suppose you had to be there..

Turner Classic Movies showed Raging Bull last night, uncensored and everything. Jake was all "Did you fuck my wife?" and Joey was all "Did you fuck your mother?" and I was all "Fuckin' A!!!" I only caught about 20 minutes of it because it was close to 2am, but damn, I hope they show more movies like that.

Guest El Satanico

TCM normally doesn't do too much editing for content. It's just that so few of the movies they show have rough language that you tend to forget.

Raging Bull 10/10

Guest thebigjig

Raging Bull is a film that I must watch at least once a year... it would be nice if MGM would release a special edition dvd instead of the bare bones release from the late 90's that is out of print now

The Passion.... - Dunno how to rate this, from an emotional level 10/10, I don't think I've sat in a movie theatre that was so silent during a movie...even the walk out of the theatre was relatively quiet.

I've been sleeping very little in the past couple days in preparation for Your Video Store Shelf: Animalia Gone Wild, which is an extension of my 411Mania column. As a result, I've been watching nothing but crappy animal flicks for the past couple days.

Yesterday:

Darkwolf

Tail Sting

Webs

Curse of the Komodo

Today:

Bugs

Python

Pythons 2

Boa

No ratings because I haven't written reviews for them, and that's when I decide on a rating.

And I've still got quite a few more to go...

Finally got a chance to watch Va Savoir yesterday. I can probably see how some would find it slow moving and dull. I personally thought it was quite wonderful and Jacques Rivette continues to amaze me with his work.

Guest Choken One

Personal Velocity 8/10.

The First Two Parts were fantastic as Kyra Sedgewick (Bacon's wife) and Parker Posey were simply brilliant. Sedgewick was amazing as the white trash hot ass sexual slut abused wife. Posey, Amazing as the cheating wife. Fairuza Balk as the sympathetic Pregant runaway was a HORRIBLE ending. This wasn't a movie in the content of a STORYLINE but was just three stories that really had no connection...so it felt like 3 short films rolled into one. I'd loved to see the First Act (Delia) extended to a full 2 hour movie.

This movie won the Sundance Grand Jury Award in 2002...

Guest BrokenWings

Freaky Friday - 6/10

Eh.. it was okay, nothing special really. Lindsay Lohan's cute though.

Uptown Girls - 8/10

Another which recently came out on the Dish, and I really enjoyed this one. Enjoying both major characters in the movie may have biased my rating a bit, but a good movie none the less.

Guest Choken One

I think you people over rate things

Van Wilder gets 7/10?

That's a ***3/4 match using the wrestling conversion scale...

No, wrestling match ratings arent how we rate movies, so be quiet. 6/10 to me anyway, seems like a bad rating, I would only look at anything 7.5/10 or higher as a great movie, so the whole wrestling match thing really doesn't even matter. Anyway, back to topic.

Today-

Nothing as of yet.

Yesterday-

The Passion of The Christ- 10/10

By the way, has the 04 Starsky and Hutch hit the net yet? I outta go download it.

I think you people over rate things

Van Wilder gets 7/10?

That's a ***3/4 match using the wrestling conversion scale...

I like dumb comedies that don't take much thought sometimes. Hell, I'd give Bubbleboy 8/10