TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Rising Star

Which artists/bands do you loathe?

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

Have I mentioned that I hate the Darkness?

and have I mentioned how much I hate Led Zeppelin?

Yea, but you don't know dick all, so it evens out.

and have I mentioned how much I hate Led Zeppelin?

Yea, but you don't know dick all, so it evens out.

no,

just don't give me shit and tell me its chocolate.

Lil Jon- I hate him adlibing every song with screamning yeaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! or Okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!

WWWWHAAAAT?

NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER

Guys how can you hate the greatest hype man since Flava Flav?

Flava Flav is better. He actually said other things besides "YEEEAHHHHH!!!" or "WHHHAAATTT????!!!" during the songs and besides "YEAHHHHH BOOYYYYYY!!!" he didn't yell throughout Public Enemy songs. And I actually found him funny, not annoying like I find Lil' John to be.

Flava Flav is a 1,000 times better than Lil' John. Giant Clock around the neck>pimp goblet.

Man, I don't think I've ever met anyone who hates Led Zeppelin.

Exactly.

Accept this metalhead. I think all that Slayer and whatnot has rot his brain.

Journey. Dio. Foreigner. Dokken. Linkin Park. Metallica. Slaughter. Judas Priest. Godsmack. Nickelback. Simple Plan. Good Charloote. puddle of Mudd. Seether. Many many other generic 'artists'.

Lil Jon- I hate him adlibing every song with screamning yeaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! or Okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!

WWWWHAAAAT?

NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER

Guys how can you hate the greatest hype man since Flava Flav?

Flava Flav is better. He actually said other things besides "YEEEAHHHHH!!!" or "WHHHAAATTT????!!!" during the songs and besides "YEAHHHHH BOOYYYYYY!!!" he didn't yell throughout Public Enemy songs. And I actually found him funny, not annoying like I find Lil' John to be.

Flava Flav is a 1,000 times better than Lil' John. Giant Clock around the neck>pimp goblet.

Lil Jon has a vocabulary larger than one word phrases but every since he has become the new "it" guy the past few months its been nothing but remixes of YEAH.......OK.........WHAT Somebody even has a quote of Lil Jon in their sig from the Salt Shaker song he did with the Ying Yang Twins.

I'm not an Oakenfold fan AT ALL, mostly because when people say "Oh, I love techno," they cite him and nothing else. Very overrated, I think. Good, but overrated.

And, as I said in an HD thread, any older band or act that has reached weird icon status (ie. posters and shirts and such ad nauseum of them) like The Doors, Floyd, and Marley.

Guest El Satanico

How is an old artist/band having posters, t-shirts, etc. any different than a current artist/band having the same?

Is it a "weird icon status" for current bands too?

Guest Skironox

Sublime and their Stoner Socal fanbase needs to crawl back into the boil of earths ass they came from.

How is an old artist/band having posters, t-shirts, etc. any different than a current artist/band having the same?

Is it a "weird icon status" for current bands too?

No, I didn't mean just because of the merchandise. It's hard to explain, but I just want to jaw-jack various frat guys I see with Marley shirts or little "rebellious" freaks who have Pink Floyd stuff scrawled all over their notebooks.

Guest T®ITEC

Korn. Every single time I hang out with one of my friends, I'm stuck listening to their lousy music for hours. He lectures me about why Jonathan Davis is so fucking great. I just don't care.

Man, I don't think I've ever met anyone who hates Led Zeppelin.

Exactly.

Accept this metalhead. I think all that Slayer and whatnot has rot his brain.

No, I find what music is good and what is not.

I can go as far as saying that John Paul Jones and John Bonham were the best part of the band, but were not the best rhythm section compaired to The Who or Black Sabbath.

So I struck a nerve with you, and saying that Led Zeppelin is horrible. Big deal, many people don't think Led Zeppelin is the greatest thing, or even think Jimmy Page is a great guitarist, and Robert Plant a great vocalist.

And don't use the excuse that he was the best at his time. He wasn't Hendrix, Clapton, Iommi, Frampton, Zappa, Steve Hackett. Can't Page be any more predicatbale in his guitar work, and especially in his solo's.

And don't use the excuse that he was the best at his time. He wasn't Hendrix, Clapton, Iommi, Frampton, Zappa, Steve Hackett. Can't Page be any more predicatbale in his guitar work, and especially in his solo's.

Frampton?

Really, are you retarded?

Frampton?

Really, are you retarded?

His solo stuff?

Nope.

His work with Humble Pie, is pretty damn good.

little "rebellious" freaks who have Pink Floyd stuff scrawled all over their notebooks.

Hey, when you're bored in class, you WILL doodle:

the Dark Side of the Moon prism

the Van Halen logo

the Led Zeppelin symbols from the untitled album

the KISS letters

it's just, like, a law, man.

Don't knock Sublime~!

I'm not stoner or SoCal... and there are some songs I just can not stand... but come on... how can you "loathe" them...

Actually...you seem to loathe the fans so much it's turned into band hate. For instance, I enjoy TONS of 'stoner' and 'hippie' music....Phish, for instance...but I can not stand the "Phish heads" that are all about drugs and just getting tripped out of their ass.

I have friends that drive me crazy because they don't listen to certain bands...Grateful Dead, Phish, Hendrix, Floyd, and ones like it...without being stoned. I have ONE friend that NEVER has. He doesn't want to either. He thinks it will "take away from the songs" to hear them sober.

Now THAT is something I fucking loathe beyond everything else.

Guest Crazy Dan

After watching Dave Chappelle rip on Lil' John, he definately is one rapper I just don't "Get". But boy was that parody hilarious.

As for music which annoys me.

I am not into 50 Cent or G-Unit. I am sorry, but 50 mumbles too much for my taste. I am also not into the "bling-bling" type rap that you hear on the radio. Yeah he does have street cred, getting shot up like that will do that, but I just can't get into him, and still don't understand what the hype really was about.

I can't stand Sean Combs, who rode Biggie's coattails and never met a song that he could sample as his own. Sampling to create a new song is one thing. Sampling a song which so blantenly not your own, is so lame. It's like this guy doesn't even try. He is also a terrible rapper, who mumbles most of his words. Does it annoy anyone else that Combs puts himself onto every song that he produces. So I am not a big fan of this guys ego, even though running a marathon was impressive, it still doesn't change the fact he couldn't rap to save his life.

Mystical is another rapper whose voice is just too annoying. Even though "Shake yo Ass" has it's moments, unfortunately, all of his songs sound exactly the same.

Also, I will throw in the whole Boy Band craze which we seem to go through once a decade. Where groups are thrown together, with singers who girls will probably love and will let everyone around them know that the think "is so cute". Then we get for the next 3 or so years, many songs about love and that is about it. Worse, I thought it was bad with New Kids, but man, in the late 90's, we got bombarded by multiple Boy Bands. I think we all saw what would happened if New Kids got cloned. We get every song sounding the same, no variety, and a whole vast of money being spent by little girls who don't know better, but think they do. And so the fans also play a big part in my disdain for this crap.

As for the genre of death metal, I have to be able to at least understand a few words, every now and then,being sung. Most of these "singers" scream or grunt followed by a bunch of guitar playing which really doesn't flow. And the drum playing has no real beat to it, its just this constant slamming. I feel that death metal is too noisy for my taste.

little "rebellious" freaks who have Pink Floyd stuff scrawled all over their notebooks.

Hey, when you're bored in class, you WILL doodle:

the Dark Side of the Moon prism

the Van Halen logo

the Led Zeppelin symbols from the untitled album

the KISS letters

it's just, like, a law, man.

I actually draw the Fever-era Kylie logo.

... It might explain the weird looks I get in my various classes. Doesn't help that I have nothing but purple and pink notebooks.

Man, Lil Jon says more than three words. Stop getting your music reviews from comedy sketches. I can easily see how someone could hate him, but he isn't so limited as to say nothing besides "YEAH!" "WHAT?" and "OKAAAAAY!"

As for the genre of death metal, I have to be able to at least understand a few words, every now and then,being sung. Most of these "singers" scream or grunt followed by a bunch of guitar playing which really doesn't flow. And the drum playing has no real beat to it, its just this constant slamming. I feel that death metal is too noisy for my taste.

If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen.

The vocals accompany the instruments. Do you want them to sing like Celine Dion? Death Metal is harsh and gritty, and so are the vocalists.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I'm totally in the middleground with Zeppelin. I love them when they're being bluesy, hate them violently when they're being rock and rolly, and am largely indifferent to their mystical epic numbers.

I think they're a good band, even great at times, but far from the best. I'd rate them somewhere between The Who (who I'd call better) and The Rolling Stones, who have a case of Zep syndrome with me where I like some stuff, hate other moments, and don't care much about the rest. They've got more stuff I dislike than like, though, I think.

Journey. Dio. Foreigner. Dokken. Linkin Park. Metallica. Slaughter. Judas Priest. Godsmack. Nickelback. Simple Plan. Good Charloote. puddle of Mudd. Seether. Many many other generic 'artists'.

Okay, I can understand the hate for Metallica today, but their older stuff should keep them out of the generic category.

Okay, I can understand the hate for Metallica today, but their older stuff should keep them out of the generic category.

Dio, Journey, and Dokken shouldn't be in that category anyways.