TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BlackFlagg

The OAO Sopranos season 5 thread

am I the only one depessed that Jamie Lynn (22) is married to some smooth 33 year old fuck? I mean come on, like this fucking thing will last. What is it with young rich hollywood chicks fawning over men 10 years their senior. I have no doubt she will be single again, but she will be damaged goods.

This season is really good so far methinks. I like the power struggle between Paulie and that one guy.

Buschemi's role is kind of small so far, but rightfully so.

Paulie has been my favorite since last season. I wouldn't be suprised with someone on his own side taking him out before The Sopranos ends. Johnny Sacks is another great character. He seems like he could be one of the most ruthless on the show.

am I the only one depessed that Jamie Lynn (22) is married to some smooth 33 year old fuck? I mean come on, like this fucking thing will last. What is it with young rich hollywood chicks fawning over men 10 years their senior. I have no doubt she will be single again, but she will be damaged goods.

Damaged goods?

:: mutters something about youth being wasted on the young ::

Guest Adrian 3:16

Seriously, why would you be depressed about this? Do you know her? Were you planning on proposing yourself when she divorces, but now you hesitate over her being damaged goods? Did you honestly think she was a virgin going into this thing?

I don't understand people who pine over celebritites like this. I wouldn't mind hooking up with Trish Stratus, but I'm not depressd because she's engaged to some sports broadcaster in Toronto instead of to me.

Notes:

-Enjoyed the whole interaction between Tony & Feech. Not sure where the whole thing with Feech being sent back to prison is going. I'm guessing he could figure Tony was behind this, and we'll attempt to put a hit out on him for revenge. Also wonder if the storyline where Tony realizes he may not actually have any REAL friends is going anywhere.

-Was the point of the A.J. storyline tonight to really hammer home the point that he's a douchebag? What's the point of making him so damn unlikable? The Krazy Glue incident was alright.

-Christ, when will they have SOMETHING for Meadow to do this season where she's on screen for more than 2 minutes?

-Should have included SOMETHING on the Junior/Janice/Bobby storyline, considering it was the main focus last week.

-Liked the A.J./Carmela/Tony storyline. It managed to be both dramatic and realistic, with some bits of humor thrown in. I'm not usually a HUGE fan of the immediate family aspect of the Sopranos, but it worked tonight.

All in all, another pretty good episode tonight. The bits with Adriana look like they could be interesting next week as well.

Wasn't Lorraine Tony's cousin? I was hoping he'd flip out and go after Johhny Sacks.

And did I see Lawrence Taylor and David Lee Roth playing cards? That was good stuff. And was the guy with Christopher the guy who played Vinnie on Doogie Howser?

Unfortunately, I don't get HBO, but I figured that this item might have some significance here. I can't get the spoiler tags to work, so highlight the quote box to read.

Apparently, Drea De Mateo is joining the cast of "Joey" next year.  I'm sure we all figure she's getting whacked at some point anyways, but I suppose that this means it'll happen sooner than later.

Guest El Satanico
Wasn't Lorraine Tony's cousin?

I hope not

Johnny Sacks said "Didn't you fuck her" to Tony and Tony screams "That was years ago"

Guest NaturalBornThriller4:20
Drea de Matteo will star in NBC's Joey as Gina, the lead character's sister, reports Variety.

The Friends spinoff follows Matt LeBlanc's Joey Tribbiani as he moves to Hollywood, reunites with high-strung sister Gina and moves in with Gina's son, 20-year-old rocket scientist Michael.

Besides her longtime stint on The Sopranos, de Matteo's credits include the features Deuces Wild and Prey for Rock and Roll. She'll next appear in the theatrical West Memphis Three.

Bah, I could give a shit about "Joey" seeing as I think it won't make it past a 2nd season.

What I want to know is, now that she has been cast as the female lead... what about The Sopranos ? Is Adrianna gonna get whacked ?

The preview looked fucking AWESOME. I marked out for the quick shot of Tony and the guys in front of the truck with a gun to someones head(Who could it be? It didnt look like Adriana, but ya never know). Anyway, i loved this weeks ep. 24's on tomorrow night if anyone forgot.

By the way, what was the deal with killing off Lorraine so quickly and abruptly? So much more could have been done with that character.....

not to mention Christopher looking crazed/super pissed and shooting someone. I bet Christopher hears about Adrianna being a fed, kills her, and they kill Christopher for whatever reason

not to mention Christopher looking crazed/super pissed and shooting someone. I bet Christopher hears about Adrianna being a fed, kills her, and they kill Christopher for whatever reason

BTW I heard this theory on the radio but, you know, if you notice throughout the years Tony has never done the sterotypical "standing over a guy and shooting them" unless its a dream sequence (Yes he does pump bullets into Pussy, not to mention the kid that tried to wack Christopher but this is in general terms)

And I don't think they every let it slip if a major character is getting whacked during the preview

On the flip side, Drea did get picked up for a new sitcom debuting this fall on NBC so who knows

Steve

By the way, what was the deal with killing off Lorraine so quickly and abruptly? So much more could have been done with that character.....

I think they just wanted to "shake" things up as that was one of the biggest complaints over the years, not enough whackings during the early time of the season

Guest Anglesault

The way Sopranos films, Drea could plausibly do both shows.

Anyone know the name of the actress who played Lorraine.

Guest Bottled Black
Im thinking that it's prob. a dream with him shooting Christopher. Has something to do with Adriana. I think Christopher will ACTUALLY whack Adriana though.

I have a feeling when it comes out that she's working with the FBI, Tony won't give him a choice.

I'm also very interested in what's going to happen with the whole Johnny Sac/Little Carmine situation. If Johnny ends up in power, what does that mean for Paulie. Remember last year how he was trying to get into the New York family, it could get interesting.