TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BlackFlagg

The OAO Sopranos season 5 thread

The critically acclaimed, Emmy® - and Peabody-winning HBO series THE SOPRANOS returns for its fifth season on SUNDAY, MARCH 7 (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET), followed by other episodes on subsequent Sundays at the same time. The 13 episodes of the new season will focus on mob boss Tony Soprano's separation from his wife Carmela, as well as the new challenges he faces at home and work, from within his immediate family, other mob families, and law enforcement.

And in preperation for the coming season tonight Michael Imperioli aka Christopher Moltisanti is on Conan :)

Guest Askewniverse

Season 4 wasn't that bad. It may not have been as good as the first three seasons, but it was still a solid show.

I'm looking forward to Steve Buscemi in Season Five. Any bets on who's going to be the first character to get whacked this season?

Guest Anglesault
Season 4 wasn't that bad. It may not have been as good as the first three seasons, but it was still a solid show.

It was a snoozefest. Carmella and Furio SUCKED.

I'm looking forward to Steve Buscemi in Season Five. Any bets on who's going to be the first character to get whacked this season?

Dunno, but I think Adrianna goes last.

Edited by Anglesault

Guest Askewniverse
It was a snoozefest. Carmella and Furio SUCKED.

I agree that the Carmela-Furio storyline sucked. I can see how people thought Season Four was a snoozefest, but I thought "Whoever Did This" and "Whitecaps" were both good episodes. Christopher's intervention was pretty good as well.

I enjoyed season 4...it's at the bottom of the list compared to the pevious seasons but was still quite good.

Now, who gets whacked first....no friggin clue, heh. By the end of the season I expect to see Adrianna get it. I could also see Paulie or Sil getting it.

Guest Anglesault
I enjoyed season 4...it's at the bottom of the list compared to the pevious seasons but was still quite good.

Now, who gets whacked first....no friggin clue, heh. By the end of the season I expect to see Adrianna get it. I could also see Paulie or Sil getting it.

I think Sil definately stays.

Don't be shocked to see Adrianna get whacked on or near her's and Christopher's wedding.

And they'll make a big deal of it, since she'd be the first major female to actually get whacked.

Guest Askewniverse

I hope Silvio and Paulie don't get whacked, because I like them both. Adriana getting whacked is almost a given. I'd be surprised if she doesn't get killed.

As for the first major character to get whacked this season, I'll take a shot in the dark and say Carmine.

I dunno but either they were faking it, or Moltisanti may go this season. Only because I saw this hting on TV Guide with him and the guy said something about "You getting whacked" and Imperioli shook his head yes, started talking, then they both caught themselves(Imperioli actually catching himself, and the other guy being a stupid twat). So anyway, I say Moltisanti will go this season.

They should put a hit on Adrianna and have Chris find out about it. Two of them skip town and the mob goes on a manhunt. I'm all about the manhunts.

Also, Season 4 wasn't that bad. The show where Ralphie got whacked was some great TV.

Guest Anglesault
Also, Season 4 wasn't that bad. The show where Ralphie got whacked was some great TV.

That episode and the interventions were the lone high spots.

As someone who watched the Seasons 1-3 box sets but stayed away from 4 because of the things I heard, can someone explain why Adrianna could/will get whacked?

Guest Askewniverse
As someone who watched the Seasons 1-3 box sets but stayed away from 4 because of the things I heard, can someone explain why Adrianna could/will get whacked?

She's an informant for the F.B.I.

Guest Anglesault

Remember how at the end of season three the feds sent out an agent to socialize with her?

Well, in season four, they start to become close friends. She even brings her into Tony's house for some reason that I don't remember. Anyway, after some shenanigans with Chris, they have a falling out.

At this point the FBI gives up the charade and drags Ade into their office and tell her that they have enough to send her away on heroine charges if she isn't willing to cooperate.

I love the idea of the Sopranos vs New York...could have been a great feud had they not ended it. But I can understand why they did. Furio is great, but that storyline did suck.

Since I never even payed too much attention to what happened in 4 after the first couple eps

Did they close out the season with a big whacking like the previous 3?

*****SPOILERS*****

Tony killed Ralphie personally. Him and Christopher chopped him up and buried the body.

Carmine and Johnny 'Sack' Sacramoni each went to Tony to have the other killed. But that was resolved and didn't happen

Ugh, no HBO for me at school and my Pops' VCR is broken so he can't record it for me.

Is there any place to download it other than a file sharing program?

Guest Anglesault
Since I never even payed too much attention to what happened in 4 after the first couple eps

Did they close out the season with a big whacking like the previous 3?

Nope, the biggest let down of the year of huge let downs.

At that point, I was so annoyed with that season that I was only going to be satisfied with a big whacking.

They didn't, and it ruined what was technically a very good episode for me.

Guest Askewniverse

Heh, they mentioned the Russian from Season 3.

Tony put a hit out on Furio in Italy?