TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BlackFlagg

The OAO Sopranos season 5 thread

Best Sopranos episode in a long time for me. I loved when Tony and Christopher were arguing and Tony had to bring up that Christopher threw food at that other guy. Any little bit of disrespect has to always be addressed. I love that about mafiosos.

Guest El Satanico

Tony B. looks like he's going to snap next week. That should make some good television, as Buschemi is a great mad man.

Guest Askewniverse

AJ continues to be a dumbass. He's starting to reach Jackie Jr. levels of stupidity.

This is the first episode I saw all season. I don't have HBO at school and I am home now so I can actually watch it.

I don't think this was a good episode to watch first because I am really bored with it. I am not too interested in Carmela's love shit and how dumb AJ is.

Has the season been like this the whole time?

EDIT: Tony B. just kicked some major ass so that was defiently needed.

Guest Askewniverse

Not really. In my opinion, tonight's episode has been the only dull one. Last week's episode was really good. The only good part about tonight's episode was Buscemi kicking some ass.

Terrible episode tonight.

-Don't give a fuck about Carmela or her new relationships

-Don't care about AJ or his learning disability

-Not a big fan of the Buscemi character. I just can't buy him as a tough-guy mobster.....

-Not enough Tony/Chris/Silvio/Paulie. Almost no mob action tonight.

-Not enough Adrianna OR Meadow either.

Last week had one of the best episodes in a long time. This week was absolutely horrible. It's not a stretch to say that it may have been just as bad as the Columbus Day episode disaster from last season. What the hell happened this week?

Guest Anglesault

You would think the Furio disaster would let them know that no one cares about Carmella's non-Tony love life.

Why is Jamie Lynn still getting a paycheck? I mean almost all of her screen time could have been done with a voice machine in an "over the phone" scene.

I still don't see too much about AJ to hit the crisis button yet. I mean the cursing at the parents would get me a smack across the face, but the curfew issues and low grades are not so uncommon. I know guys who did a lot worse in highschool who were able to get their act together upon graduation and stepping into the "real world"

No more "As Carmela's World Turns" I mean seriously, am I supposed to feel bad for her in the least. She was fucking AJ's principal, like that would do anything to help the situation with AJ.

Oh yeah, MORE MOB STUFF PLEASE.

Tonight's episode was the first stinker of the season IMO.

Someone please bring me up to speed here... Has Chappelle from 24 always been a priest on the Sopranos? My jaw hit the floor when I saw him.

Yep, has pretty much been there since the beginning, pops up every now and then.

Seriously, more people need to be shot and women need beating. It's the only thing I find entertaining about this show.

EDIT: I suppose I should add something truly "serious." My one complaint about last night's show is that Tony B.'s character change was too rushed. Nothing this season has indicated/implied that he was prone to snap, but, when he does, we're supposed to believe it?

^^^

Agree. They maybe should have done a few episodes with the massage parlor open for business, and show Kim getting more & more involved ("you should do this", "I'm a businessman, listen to me", "did you learn that in jail?", stuff like that that would get under Tony B.'s skin), finally causing Tony B. to snap.

Someone please bring me up to speed here... Has Chappelle from 24 always been a priest on the Sopranos?  My jaw hit the floor when I saw him.

Yep, has pretty much been there since the beginning, pops up every now and then.

OHHHH, that is where I knew him.

It turns out my dad has been recording all of the episodes for me! Tonight is going to be a season 5 night for me.

Is that what happened to Tony B, he snapped? I didn't understand how he all of a sudden "snapped". It didn't make sense. Can someone explain in some more detail?

I think what happened was that Kim approached Tony B. like it would be a partnership as in 50/50 profit sharing and 50/50 work. Yet Tony B. found that he was doing all the work to set the place up, get it going etc......and Kim would just check over him once in awhile with an attitude like he was superior. Like how he came in while Tony B. was painting and said, "blah blah PARTNER blah blah" and that enraged Tony B. They kind of hurried the storyline, but you could still get the jist of it pretty good. In otherwords, Tony B. felt like he was being scammed.

Someone please bring me up to speed here... Has Chappelle from 24 always been a priest on the Sopranos?  My jaw hit the floor when I saw him.

OHHHH, that is where I knew him.

Just found him again, he was in a couple episodes of Oz early in season 2....and looking at his IMDB profile, he was one of the police officers in Panic Room too, never noticed that.

Is that what happened to Tony B, he snapped?  I didn't understand how he all of a sudden "snapped".  It didn't make sense.  Can someone explain in some more detail?

I think what happened was that Kim approached Tony B. like it would be a partnership as in 50/50 profit sharing and 50/50 work. Yet Tony B. found that he was doing all the work to set the place up, get it going etc......and Kim would just check over him once in awhile with an attitude like he was superior. Like how he came in while Tony B. was painting and said, "blah blah PARTNER blah blah" and that enraged Tony B. They kind of hurried the storyline, but you could still get the jist of it pretty good. In otherwords, Tony B. felt like he was being scammed.

Thats what I got out of it, Tony B is doing all the work and Kim was reaping the rewards for no work

Anyway, that is the problem though with the show (its small, and generally not much of the show) where its such a small season and its all compacted into the same time frame that the show airs (11 weeks) that it really doesn't allow for too much new threads being picked up in the middle of the season the way the massage parlor was because in a normal show schedule (20+ episodes over the course of 10 months) you could see the storyline at a normal rate:

Stuff you saw in the episode, then it continues througout the next few weeks as the business opens for a few months and the only time Kim shows up is to pick up his paycheck and ask for favors, ect, basically being the a silent partner despite going 50/50 and the payoff happing late in the year

But with the show so short and compact storylines tend to get rushed

Steve

Guest Askewniverse

After last week's episode, I was hoping that tonight's episode would be good. In my opinion, tonight's episode wasn't any better. Hopefully, next week's episode will be better. If not, this season could slowly head into Season Four territory.

Anybody else think that Tony spent a crazy amount of time with his father's mistress? That was insane.

My take on that: Tony regarded her as the mother he never had. She treated his dad like a king, and gave him (Tony's dad) the love and attention he didn't get at home. As a result, Tony was drawn to her. But when he found out she still smoked even after his dad had emphysema, the image was shattered, and he no longer saw her in the same light.

Guest Salacious Crumb

Man, this season was really kicking ass but it's really starting to fall apart with the last 2 episodes. Hopefully this slump doesn't extend to a third episode.

Actually, I liked last week's episode and the one before that, and I haven't watched this show that much after the end of season 2.

Am I the only viewer that enjoys the background and lives of these guys beyond them breaking someone's leg for not paying money back on time?

Actually, I liked last week's episode and the one before that, and I haven't watched this show that much after the end of season 2.

Am I the only viewer that enjoys the background and lives of these guys beyond them breaking someone's leg for not paying money back on time?

No I do too. It isn't just the lack of gangster stuff that has turned me off the past 2 episodes. It is just that the mistress and Carmela sex life storylines have bored me too tears. I LOVED Steve Buscemi's storyline, and that had little to do with beating anyone up until the very end of it.