TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cbacon

Who calls the interpromotional matches?

Obviously they're gonna mix it up....but how? Mix the brand commentators? Have JR/King call 2 and Cole/Tazz 1 or vice versa?

Logically i'd say the lead commentator should commentate on whichever brands guy or woman is going over , with the other brands color guy. But that would mean Cole and King would be calling them all since it seems that the SD! brand is going over in every match. Hmmmm.

Cole and Tazz get Taker/Kane.

J.R and King get Brock/Goldberg (no way in hell J.R isn't calling a match w/ Austin in it)

As for the divas match........well, let's just hope that they somehow all suffer spontaneous heart attacks before the show starts.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Ross & Tazz. Tazz is way better than LAwler now, and having a SD PBP team for the Interpromotional matches would be bias.

So they'll go RRumble Match route. Ross pimps RAW guys, Tazz for SD guys.

Guest hhheld_down

id love it if tazz/jr just did the whole event, i was really suprised how well they did in the rumble.. btw how long is WMXX? 4, 5 hours?

Guest Your Olympic Hero

It's hard to tell for Brock vs. Goldberg, because it's been promoted on both shows. Goldberg interfering in Brock's match at a SD! PPV, Brock coming on Raw and F5'ing Austin. This one is a toss-up.

Taker vs. Kane I think has to go with the Raw announcers. Taker hasn't been on SD! in months, and all of Kane's supernatural issues have been happening on Raw.

The girls match....... who cares. Give it to Cole & Tazz because the SD! girls are the ones on the cover of Playboy, not the Raw.

Guest Your Olympic Hero
id love it if tazz/jr just did the whole event, i was really suprised how well they did in the rumble.. btw how long is WMXX? 4, 5 hours?

Five hours. 7pm-12am Eastern time.

Guest I Got Banned for Sucking

Indeed, they will mix up the announce teams, ala the Royal Rumble.

But who will referee them? That's what I want to know.

It won't be that hard for them to switch up the announcers if it's the MSG set up like WMX, Rumble 00 or Survivor Series 02.

JR/King and Cole/Tazz will have both their boths at ring side next to each other then. The last MSG PPV was SS02 and only JR/King called that card I believe.

No, I was just watching the DVD yesterday morning at about 4:30 AM (it didn't affect my viewing interpretation).

Michael Cole and Tazz called it also.

The head announcer of each brand calls the match in which their "superstar" is face. So Ross/Tazz get Goldberg/Lesnar, and Cole/Lawler get Taker/Kane.

Then Heenan comes back and gives them all the Stunner.

It's pretty cool the way that everyone just knows what the first poster is talking about.

It's pretty cool the way that everyone just knows what the first poster is talking about.

Well... the only time we have interpromotional matches in the WWE anytime soon is WMXX, and this is the WWE folder, so I'd say it's fairly obvious what he's talking about.

Guest Your Olympic Hero
But who will referee them? That's what I want to know.

2 referees for the interpromotional matches (except in Goldberg/Lesnar), one from each brand. That way screwjobs are unlikely.

For the interpromotional matches, I'd have Eric Bischoff and Paul Heyman do the commentary. If the two brands are fighting each other, they might as well have the heads of those two brands (both with commentary experience) do it. It'd be different and special, even if it didn't turn out all that well. But I get the feeling seeing Eric Bischoff and Paul Heyman doing commentary together on matches at Wrestlemania....I'd remember that, just because it seems like something we'd NEVER see a few years ago.

JR/Tazz for Brock/Goldberg

Cole/King for Taker/Kane

JR/King for Divas match

Cole/Tazz for Hall of Fame

something like that might work...

For the interpromotional matches, I'd have Eric Bischoff and Paul Heyman do the commentary.

Could be interesting, but if they don't gel at all together the commentary could be horrible, and bad commentary can really drag a match down. Brock/Berg and Kane/Taker are both too big to go risking that on, so I'd stick with the JR/Tazz combo, which seems to work really well.

I'd rather just see a promo from each GM before the big interpromotional matches about how important the matches are for the competing brands...maybe not before Taker/Kane, but definitely Brock/Berg.

JR/King for Divas match

Fuck it, if you're going to have the match, stick Tazz with Lawler for extra mindlessness.