TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Choken One

Mainstream Leak of Brock

Guest Mulatto Heat

WWE has enough trouble writing coherent, dynamic, interesting storylines for their television shows, which should be the top priority no matter what. Saying that they have the ability to work the Internet is giving them far too much credit, and is also counter-productive to boot. I just don't see the point of this being a work.

Prove me wrong.

WWE has enough trouble writing coherent, dynamic, interesting storylines for their television shows, which should be the top priority no matter what. Saying that they have the ability to work the Internet is giving them far too much credit, and is also counter-productive to boot. I just don't see the point of this being a work.

Prove me wrong.

Who said it had to have a point?

We had "This is Your Life, Mick Foley" on Raw and now a "legit" situation going on with Brock possibly quitting the company. If it isn't for real, I'd swear Russo was working for WWE again.

Russo, of course, didn't have to have a point to his big angles, just make sure you have a big swerve for unpredictable TV.

I am certain that more people will buy WM XX, because now it is 'Brocks last match'.

Guest Mulatto Heat

What people? Some secret fanbase that was previously unheard of?

Those that are convinced this is all just to draw more buys for XX from some imaginary people who would shell out $50 because two guys that aren't going to be there the next day are wrestling. Not just people, but the enigma that is the casual fan who hasn't watched in awhile, and who probably doesn't think that the name 'Brock Lesnar' means anything.

What people? Some secret fanbase that was previously unheard of?

Those that are convinced this is all just to draw more buys for XX from some imaginary people who would shell out $50 because two guys that aren't going to be there the next day are wrestling. Not just people, but the enigma that is the casual fan who hasn't watched in awhile, and who probably doesn't think that the name 'Brock Lesnar' means anything.

...I apparently missed the point. *scratches head*

I don't get how that's going to help them really. Perhaps it would knock some of the fans who don't normally buy PPVs off the fence, but if they weren't already sold on this PPV--because it *is* Wrestlemania--will this really affect them any?

I think Brock will do just fine in the NFL. He certainly has the physique.

Guest Brian

I'm personally hard-pressed to believe it, but whether it's true or not, let him take a break. Avoid going right back to Brock/Eddy. Give another SmackDown heel a chance to step up in his absence. As long as they don't sign Goldielocks, I'm fine with a short break.

Where did the NFL stuff come from?

Guest Mulatto Heat
I think Brock will do just fine in the NFL. He certainly has the physique.

I hope you realize that this comment comes off as rather delusional.

Guest Nanks

The NFL stuff apparently comes from Brock who wants to be a football player now. The point I bring up is... has he been on the juice?? If so, he is in for a year of waiting for that shit to be out of his system before being spoken to by an NFL franchise. This is what makes me smell work, I know how far-fetched it all seems, but that's what makes my opinion sway on the issue

I think the reports have been written poorly. "Brock is leaving WWE for the NFL," is over blown and written wrong.

It's probably more like Brock is leaving because he's sick of wrestling and one of the options he's thinking about is trying out for the NFL. Brock says he hates traveling so maybe he'll try out for the Vikings training camp so he can be closer to home. Doesn't mean he'll make the team, though.

This whole story is confusing still.

I'm no expert, but I can't see any of the usual telltale signs of juicing with Brock e.g. early fatigue, Steinerlike muscle definition, bacne, nipple whitening etc.

Personally, I don't reckon he's on it.

I really didn't know which of the Brock threads to put this in, so I chose this one.

There is NO way, I repeat NO way, that Brock will make the NFL. There are very limited positions on a team and no team would waste one for publicity or any other reason. Just because Brock is big does not mean he would be a good football player. It takes a lot more than being strong to make it, speed is almost more important in today's NFL.

Plus, Brock did not play in college and has been out of college for what 4 years? That would mean that if he played high school ball, the last time he was in an organized game would have been at least 8 years ago. Football is not as easy as put on pads, run around and hit people.

Could everyone please stop pretending that the NFL is a viable career option for Brock.

Prove me wrong.

Possible reasoning: pretty much everyone knows Goldy is on his way out. MSG is usually a pretty smarky crowd, so to prevent Brock from getting a huge face reaction (which might gather steam, forcing a face turn when they really don't need him to be a face), they come up with this company-wide work. The dirt sheets report it, which they hope turns the smarks against him ("he's a baby", "he's selling out", "good riddance"). Mainstream press picks up on it, hopefully turning the marks against him.

Meanwhile, Brock can lay low, heal up any nagging injuries, and freshen up, plus the WWE can delay using up his potential feuds prematurely. He shows up later this year, while the fanbase (marks & smarks) takes a collective shit.

If they plan on doing a live Smackdown sometime this year, then you know something's up.

Of course, the above scenario has almost no basis in fact, but it's be pretty cool if they could pull it off.

Guest Your Olympic Hero
Ironically, speculation was Goldberg would wrestle his final WWE match at WrestleMania, but since becoming friends with Stone Cold Steve Austin and the apparent departure of Lesnar, look for Goldberg to remain with the company -- possibly joining the SmackDown roster.

FUCK!!!

Agreed.