TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Spicy McHaggis

Insignificant beef...

Well if JR pronounced that way, people would make fun of JR's condition of Bells Palsey. It might be acceptable if say somebody like John Cena said it "StunneRRRRRRRed" in the rapper Nelly style or maybe even Coach trying to be black in a ESPN way.

WWE uses crappy grammer all the time.

It shouldn't be "the" WWE which everyone on both shows say. You don't say "the" World Wrestling Entertainment. No one ever said "the" WCW.

Guest Askewniverse
It shouldn't be "the" WWE which everyone on both shows say. You don't say "the" World Wrestling Entertainment. No one ever said "the" WCW.

Bret Hart used to say "the WCW."

Hogan did a couple of times as well.

I think the reason that Hogan and Hart said "The WCW" all the time is because they were so used to saying "The WWF" when they were with that company.

Same thing with "The WWE".

Guest AndrewisyourHero
WWE uses crappy grammer all the time.

Grammar

Actually, if you think about it, it is grammatically correct. What does a runner do? He runs. WHat does a Stunner do? It stuns.

The correct way to say it would be "He was hit with the Stunner," or "He Stunned him."

Guest AndrewisyourHero
Does spelling fall under the category of grammAr?

I would think they're certainly related.

Guest I Got Banned for Sucking

Kurt Angle said "the World Wrestling Entertainment" a lot in his book, but it was through edits.

Guest I Got Banned for Sucking

If someone's finisher was the "Hitter," you wouldn't say "He was Hitted," you'd say "Hit".

It's not as if you're belittling the name by leaving part of it out, it's just proper grammar.

Problem solved.

Guest wayzing

Most users seem to think they should be, but languages aren't static.

If a certain way of saying something gets used by enough people it's part of the language. That's how languages develop. The WWE commentators would be authorities when it comes to WWE terminology so they more or less set the standards and if the fans use the same expression then, bah gowd, who are we to say JR is wrong?

"The Wrestlemania", "The Summerslam"

And to the original poster, yes, I feel ya.