TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Rising Star

Which concerts have you been to

Guest The Rising Star

If you've been to a festival with many bands, mention the one you listened to first.

BTW, have any of you met bands/artists backstage?

The ones I can remember...

-Summersault in Barrie for, A Perfect Circle but Foo Fighters, OLP, and Smashing pumpkins also played

-A Perfect Circle at the Kool Haus

-Tool at the ACC-best concert ever

-System of a down- Copps Colliseum

-Treble Charger...ugh..twice...I hate that band

-Moist, weak

-Korn

-Marilyn Manson...first concert ever in grade 8

-tons of local shows no body cares about

I've been to far too many concerts to list, but have met the following....

The Violent Femmes - very weird dudes. I think one of them was hitting on my friend who was maybe 16 at the time.

Matthew Sweet - He was a trip. He let us hang out on his bus and party the whole night.

The Violent Femmes - very weird dudes. I think one of them was hitting on my friend who was maybe 16 at the time.

Very awesome dudes, though. I hear they're great live, too. I still hate myself for missing them the one time they came down to Southern California within the last few years.

The Violent Femmes - very weird dudes.  I think one of them was hitting on my friend who was maybe 16 at the time.

Very awesome dudes, though. I hear they're great live, too. I still hate myself for missing them the one time they came down to Southern California within the last few years.

They do put on a great show. I've caught them twice and enjoyed each concert a lot.

The Violent Femmes - very weird dudes.  I think one of them was hitting on my friend who was maybe 16 at the time.

They do put on a great show. I've caught them twice and enjoyed each concert a lot.

Hrm, I'm interested though... how did meeting them come about?

Hmm... I've been to probably sixty shows in the past year and a half, but haven't done many festivals.

Y100 Feztival 1998 (?)... All I remember was Luscious Jackson, Richard Cheese, and Offspring.

Y100 Feastival 2002 - Ummm... Seether.

Ozzfest 2002... I was in the parking lot until Drowning Pool came on.

Ozzfest 2003... Twisted Method was on first.

Warped Tour 2003... No fucking idea.

I've been backstage at half the shows I go to. I've met just about any (non scream/thrash) metal band that you can think of, minus guys like Linkin Park who got big before I started shooting shows.

Hrm, I'm interested though... how did meeting them come about?

It came off pretty easily actually. They played at a college in my hometown when I was home from school on a break. A buddy of mine went there and was a member of the security for the show. He got us backstage and we were just kind of wandering around after the show, ran into the band and started shooting the shit with them. They were very friendly, just a little bit out there, which after listening to their music I guess should have been expected.

I still think that their first few albums were way ahead of their time. "I Hear the Rain" remains one of my favorite songs to this day, and the entire first album holds up after almost 20 years.

Bryan Adams - Jan/17

Blink 182/silverchair - Nov/10

Moist/Matthew Good Band - Dec 17

Matthew Good Band - May 5

Edgefest - Tea Party, 3 Doors Down, gob, Big Wreck, Bif Naked - July 1

Aerosmith - July 2

Matthew Good Band - July 6

Ozzfest - Disturbed, Linkin Park, Papa Roach - July 24

Family Values - STP, Staind, Linkin Park, Deadsy - Oct 20

Weezer - Feb 14

Incubus - June 1

Goo Goo Dolls - June 4

Gob - July 27

Holly McNarland - August

Matthew Good - September 13

Matthew Good - September 20

Matthew Good - September 24

Holly McNarland - Oct 18

Toris Amos - Nov 22

Disturbed - March 16

Holly McNarland - March 27

Matthew Good - April 10

Matthew Good - April 12

Matthew Good - July 18

Matthew Good - September

Fuel - Sept 17

Holly McNarland - Sept 26

Hawksley Workman - Oct 1

Radiohead - Oct 15

Apparently someone likes Matthew Good.

Anyway, im in 8th grade, and im going to my first concert on July 11th. Im going to see Dave Matthews Band with a few buddies of mine. I hope to go to some more over the summer though.

I'm bored, so here's what I've seen this year. Keep in mind that a lot of these shows are for me to do photography at, so don't think I blowed $20 on a fifty-five minute Simple Plan set.

January:

3 Doors Down/Tantric/Shinedown

Sevendust/Ill Nino/Element Eighty

Eve 6/Campfire Girls

Linkin Park/POD/Hoobastank/Story of the Year

February

Simple Plan (only their performance)

Mushroomhead/Twisted Method/Dope/13 Even

13 Even (only their performance)

March:

Three Days Grace/Lo Pro/Apartment 26/Edgewater

See Spot Rock Tour - 12 Stones, Skillet, Pillar

Ill Nino/Flaw/40 Below Summer/Element Eighty

I think that's about it.

Ive seen Soil/3doorsgrace/Staind and Neil Young/CrazyHorse so far this year...

Neil was awesome, the radio rock was not...

Coolest people Ive met - Marcus Harrington from Reative Ash, Myron from WorkhorseMovement/DirtyAmericans, David Draiman from Disturbed, and Josh Todd from Buckcherry.

Soil is finally doing a headline date in Philly in May. I'm a huge fan of theirs, though I haven't heard much of the new album.

If you'd had listened to the entire Three Days Grace CD, you'd probably have loved their live show. They're shockingly energetic, and the fat bassist has some good mannerisms.

I'm actually thinking about going to see Josh Todd's new band (called, appropriately enough, Josh Todd) in Atlantic City on I think Friday. Have you seen him (or Buckcherry) live? How were they?

Soil is finally doing a headline date in Philly in May. I'm a huge fan of theirs, though I haven't heard much of the new album.

If you'd had listened to the entire Three Days Grace CD, you'd probably have loved their live show. They're shockingly energetic, and the fat bassist has some good mannerisms.

I'm actually thinking about going to see Josh Todd's new band (called, appropriately enough, Josh Todd) in Atlantic City on I think Friday. Have you seen him (or Buckcherry) live? How were they?

Soil was pretty good live, Id reccomend...

3doorsgrace really turned me off by hosting one of the weakest 'moshpits' Ive ever been in...and introducing songs with lines like 'this song is for everybody thats ever been picked on!'....

I met Buckcherry but didnt see them perform. I saw Josh play solo last fall and talked to him afterwards....very good live show, all new material except 'Litup', very energetic. If you check his show out, you should have no problem meetin him afterwards...

3doorsgrace really turned me off by hosting one of the weakest 'moshpits' Ive ever been in...and introducing songs with lines like 'this song is for everybody thats ever been picked on!'....

Ohhh God. Now that I think about it, they did the exact same thing when they were performing at the headlining show. I had just about the same reaction as you likely had, as I begun to shook my head.

I'll take your advice and go see Josh Todd, pending that it's not 21+. I kind of like the new CD, so it should be fun.

Guest T®ITEC

Foo Fighters, around 02/12/02. One of the Medal Ceremonies for the Winter Games. It was ridiculously cold outside. They opening acts were some (local?) band that sucked, and Bob freakin' Saget.

Anyway, Foo Fighters were definitely awesome, esp. for playing in such cold weather. Everyone loved it when they did "Everlong" to close.

I don't remember dates so...

Alice Cooper - Vancouver, BC - Orpheium?

Supertramp - Vancouver, BC GM Place (It was free so.. I went)

Godsmack - Las Vegas, NV - House of Blues

Stone Temple Pilots - Las Vegas, NV - House of Blues

Weird Al Yankovic - Bellingham, WA - Mt. Baker Theater

Ozzfest - Vancouver, BC ( In 1999 I believe)

I took my girlfriend to Kittie for her birthday and as we were waiting for an autograph, Morgan Lander(lead singer) invited us backstage to party.

I also partied with Digital Underground on their big bus. Wow, I have never seen that much weed in my life. Imagine the lead singer of digital underground, yeah the "humpty dance" guy, pulling you to his computer and playing fionna apple mp3s and trying to break down the lyrics. He also was playing some 2pac songs and breaking down line by line what was meant by each line. It was a trip.

Yeah I have been to a bunch of shows, but those are two instances where I was invited backstage/on the tour bus.

Guest Agent of Oblivion
I also partied with Digital Underground on their big bus. Wow, I have never seen that much weed in my life. Imagine the lead singer of digital underground, yeah the "humpty dance" guy, pulling you to his computer and playing fionna apple mp3s and trying to break down the lyrics. He also was playing some 2pac songs and breaking down line by line what was meant by each line. It was a trip

That's fuckin' awesome. I stood around in the rain with Dave Lombardo and Tom Araya, and listened to them bash nu metal. It was an old school bay area circle pit kodak moment.

Lets see I've been to:

Ozzfest 2000-2002

SarsStock

Married Mayhem Tour (Both Canadian and US versions) (Ozzy/Rob Zombie/Mudvayne) (Ozzy/Tea Party/Project Wyze)

Bring Me Ed Till I'm Dead Tour (Iron Maiden/Dio/Motorhead)

Matthew Good Band

Tea Party (6x, met Jeff Martin)

Summer Sanitarium Tour (Metallica/Linkin Park/Limp Bizkit/Mudvayne/Deftones)

Slayer

Pantera

Morbid Angel

Skrape

Static-X

Soulfly

Helloween

Lacuna Coil

King Diamond

bands I'm going to see soon

Rush

Ohm (Chris Poland new band, maybe an interview too)

Iced Earth

Nightwish

Van Halen (Yes I know its with Hagar...)

Skrape

Headlining show? If so, do you happen to live in Florida? Despite their music not being tremendous, I'm just the type of guy who wants to see anyone I marginally like with two CDs + do a headlining show.

Ashamed they got dropped from RCA, so the chances of them getting the tour support to make it back up to the Northeast is slim to none.

Skrape

Headlining show? If so, do you happen to live in Florida? Despite their music not being tremendous, I'm just the type of guy who wants to see anyone I marginally like with two CDs + do a headlining show.

Ashamed they got dropped from RCA, so the chances of them getting the tour support to make it back up to the Northeast is slim to none.

no they were part of the Reinventing The Steel tour with Morbid Angel, Static-X, Pantera and Slayer

Skrape

no they were part of the Reinventing The Steel tour with Morbid Angel, Static-X, Pantera and Slayer

Ahhh... I actually talked to Will, the drummer for Skrape, about that tour back in September. The metalheads put them through hell apparently.

Anyway, im in 8th grade, and im going to my first concert on July 11th. Im going to see Dave Matthews Band with a few buddies of mine. I hope to go to some more over the summer though.

That's my birthday, and knowing what little I know about DMB, I'm guessing this was their Folsom Field show, which I saw on the CD was recorded that day.

EDIT: And knowing your post having actually read it, I see that you're going THIS July 11th, so nevermind that. I'll admit fault, though. My bad.

Last year, I went to some out-of-town's radio station-sponsered concert to see Our Lady Peace. Queens of the Stone Age, Unwritten Law, and Nickelback were also there. Later this year, I'll probably go with a big group of my friends to see Incubus. We'll have a big show one city over later in the year, so maybe we'll get some better bands than last year. Oh, how could I forget. I saw the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on their Coming Out of Their Shells Tour.

Have edited out most of the tat, or this list would be huge. These are the best ones I've been to. Bands I've met are indicated by a *

David Bowie/Morrissey

Sleeper/Silver Sun

Mansun/Cecil

Catatonia*/Superstar*

Depeche Mode

3 Colours Red*

Silverchair/Fuel

Pitchshifter/Janus Stark

Meatloaf

Beastie Boys

A*/Liberty 37*/co.uk*

Therapy?

Terrorvision

Less Than Jake*/MXPX

Sunna*/Crackout*/Miocene* (all of whom I met, as I worked as stage crew for the gig)

Less Than Jake/Capdown

Ash/Snow Patrol

Reel Big Fish

Manic Street Preachers

Idlewild

New Found Glory/Fenix TX*

The Wildhearts

Fenix TX/RX Bandits

Reading Festival (highlights- Metallica, AFI, the Darkness, Turbonegro)

Roadrage 2003 tour (Spineshank/Ill Nino/Chaimara)

none as of yet, but have tickets for the Funeral For A Friend tour, with support from the Haunted, Million Dead and OneLineDrawing, which should be awesome

Guest JebusNassedar

Not counting the hundreds of gospel choirs that parade through here, I've only been to two concerts.

One: Alice Cooper @ Del Ma-...San Diego County Fair. He was pretty good. Songs came off well.

Two: Crappy emo band who's name I forgot/Sleepytime Gorilla Museum/dredg. My god. dredg is truly an incredible band. They sounded perfect live. Plus, thanks to this concert, I got into Sleepytime Gorilla Museum.

There will be a third this friday, though. I'm going to see MARS FUCKING VOLTA!! WHOOOOOOOO!!! Oh, and some band called A Perfect Circle.

Guest Crazy Dan

-I have seen Primus on New Years Eve twice. Year one was with Mister Bungle, and The Melvins, and two years later I saw them with Helmut.0

-Lollapallooza - #2 Pearl Jam, Ice Cube, Jesus and Mary Chain, Sound Garden, Chilli Peppers, Lush, Ministry, Cypress Hill on the 2nd stage

-#3 - Primus, Rage, Arrested Developement, Alice in Chains, Front 242

Last years Lollapallooza - Janes Addiction, Incubus, The Donnas, Jurassac 5, Audio Slave

- Incubus

-Ministry, Sepultura, Helmut

-Deftones at the Berkeley Square (before they were known)

-Vans Warp Tour - Too many bands to list, but I went to the one on 7/4/98 in Tahoe at Boreal

- Neil Diamond

-The Greatfull Dead, John Fogerty, Joel Satriani, Tower of Power, Tracy Chapman - AIDS Benefit concert, I saw this with my parents when I was in 8th grade.

- Cherry Poppin Daddies and Skankin Pickle

-Skankin Pickle at the Berkeley Square, with Voodoo Glow Skulls

-Voodoo Glow Skulls

- They Might Be Giants

- Metallica, Suicidal Tendencies, Candlebox who were replacing Alice in Chains, got booed off the stage

- U2, PJ Harvey

- Live 105 BFD, the first year it went on, Violent Femmes, Toad the Wet Sprocket, Rollins Band, the Pretenders, Green Day, The Knack (damn you Reality Bites for bringing them back)

-