TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Slickster

WWE Divas '04 cover chosen!

Being that Torrie is (in WWE's opinion, and at the moment) the best-looking and most marketable face Diva at the moment, even if she's not on television, when it comes time to look pretty, she'll be there.

Despite the fact that if Torrie makes regular TV appearances, people change the channel in disgust because they get so sick of in her in a short amount of time?

And screw you, Andrew.

*throws Yoshi eggs at your house*

04.jpg

Fuck all y'all. That should be the cover.

Good God almighty! That has to be the most heinous picture of Nidia ever. No one would buy a magazine with that cover.

Guest I Got Banned for Sucking
Being that Torrie is (in WWE's opinion, and at the moment) the best-looking and most marketable face Diva at the moment, even if she's not on television, when it comes time to look pretty, she'll be there.

Despite the fact that if Torrie makes regular TV appearances, people change the channel in disgust because they get so sick of in her in a short amount of time?

And screw you, Andrew.

*throws Yoshi eggs at your house*

Don't waste Yoshi Eggs!

And the casual WWE fans will stay and watch, and even so will the middle-age guys channel-surfing - hell, even the women wouldn't mind a look.

She's just got it - what the general consensus are looking for.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Torrie sucks but she's still better looking than Gail Kim.

If I had my way, I'd just take all women off the WWE Roster. No one cares for womens wrestling, and no one ever will.

If I had my way, I'd just take all women off the WWE Roster. No one cares for womens wrestling, and no one ever will.

With the state that it's in at the moment, it's no wonder.

If Molly Holly and Victoria were given 20 minutes, I mean, 20 serious minutes, not involving hair-cutting stipulations, the pulling-off of wigs, etc., they could tear the roof off.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

I care.

Correction. No man cares about it....except horny 10 years, but not to see them actually wrestle.

I care.

Correction. No man cares about it....except horny 10 years, but not to see them actually wrestle.

How about that guy Deadbeater? He cares.

I care.

I care too - even though the WWE's Womens division has been treated like shit lately, they're doing what they want to do for a career, and they're gender shouldn't make people not give a shit about them.

It shouldn't, but it often does - something that it wouldn't do if WWE actually booked Molly, Jazz, Jacqueline, Victoria, Ivory, Nidia, and to a lesser extent, Trish, Lita, Torrie, Sable and Dawn properly.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

God....OK. Final correction. No one will pay to see a womens match headline a show. If someone does, I give up.

And the casual WWE fans will stay and watch, and even so will the middle-age guys channel-surfing - hell, even the women wouldn't mind a look.

Those "casual WWE fans" who stopped watching 2 1/2 years ago, right?

Middle age guys--oh boy, bikinis! Never saw those before!!

Sorry, WWE doesn't capture the lesbian demo, either. Maybe a few here and there, but not a substantial amount.

Women with a substantial amount of self-respect would probably be a bit pissed off at how Torrie acts. She shamelessly turned her ass into a Playboy billboard even.

Sorry, the long-term ratings reports showed that Torrie was a ratings-killer when they made her a recurring character. If she pulled in some people but drove away more than that, who cares?!

So this..."general consensus" is referring to what a WWE online poll eventually came down to? Riiight.

Yeah, Orton needs more TV time, right?

I'll take the WWE's...2 or so decent female wrestlers over a good portion of the guys.

It shouldn't, but it often does - something that it wouldn't do if WWE actually booked Molly, Jazz, Jacqueline, Victoria, Ivory, Nidia, and to a lesser extent, Trish, Lita, Torrie, Sable and Dawn properly.

Torrie, Sable, and Dawn are being booked properly. They keep the first two the hell off TV except for the occasional intermission match (the SD portion of the Playboy shit didn't get any build-up--thank God). Dawn was just Heyman's evil secretary of sorts until she vanished when Paul quit. She had one stupid T&A match with Torrie on Halloween and other than that she didn't do anything of much importance other than advance the Kurt/Eddie angle.

Victoria's being booked alright. I dislike Molly's treatment but she's being used at least. Jazz and Jacqueline we never see, Nidia SHOULD NOT BE WRESTLING, Lita sucks and should be retrained some more, and SLUTTY HEEL TRISH!~ is fantastic in her role--well, except for when she cut that promo last week.

God....OK. Final correction. No one will pay to see a womens match headline a show. If someone does, I give up.

There's the Japanese and American joshi fans.

I actually never quite got this: why would somebody watch WWE for hot chicks when there are FAR hotter girls elsewhere? It's just second-rate T&A.

I didn't say, nor imply that - but why can't the Womens division be credible?

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

I didn't say, nor imply that - but why can't the Womens division be credible?

Look at what women WWE has...

Molly Holly: Decent wrestler, but shes stuck fighting talentless hacks.

Lita: Ew...

Victoria: Probably second best begind Molly.

Jazz: Fights too much like a man.

Trish: Improved, but worked the same spots every match and is too predictable.

Gail Kim: Blech!

Ivory: Old and in OVW

Stacy: Not even a wrestler

Torrie: Also not even a wrestler

Nidia: Needs to improve after being stuck on a non-womens division show for nearly 2 years.

Dawn Marie: Doesn't wrestle

Jacqueline: Where is she?

So really, only 3 of them can work a decent match. Trish can with someone like Molly or Jazz, but anyone else she tanks.

They don't have a great deal of women that can work, but the creative team are geniuses, (:P) so they could come up with something.

Oh, and Ivory is not old - Yes, where is Jacqueline? - And you forgot about Shaniqua... She's also in OVW (so hopefully she can come back as decent, and as a wrestler), which would explain putting her in the ring at No Way Out.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
They don't have a great deal of women that can work, but the creative team are geniuses, (:P) so they could come up with something.

Oh, and Ivory is not old - Yes, where is Jacqueline? - And you forgot about Shaniqua... She's also in OVW (so hopefully she can come back as decent, and as a wrestler), which would explain putting her in the ring at No Way Out.

Ivory is in her early-mid 40's. Thats old for a female wrestler in WWE These days. Yes, Moolah has wrestled like once a year, but still, Ivory is way past it.

She is? Wow, I didn't know that.

She looks great for her age.

Guest DeathBecomesYou

If my memory serves me correctly, Ivory is 43 and Jacqueline is 39. I don't care much for Jacqueline, but in her rare appearances in the last year or so, Ivory's looked quite good in the ring and jobbed to Molly in arguably Molly's best match of her title reign back in November 2003 on Heat.

While Molly, Jazz and to a lesser extent Victoria and Trish are all pretty good workers, beyond that, there's not much depth, Ivory and Jacqueline are too old, Nidia and Gail are too green, and Lita's just awful. Hopefully the arrivals of Alexis Laree and Jillian Hall will give the division a boost.

If my memory serves me correctly, Ivory is 43 and Jacqueline is 39. I don't care much for Jacqueline, but in her rare appearances in the last year or so, Ivory's looked quite good in the ring and jobbed to Molly in arguably Molly's best match of her title reign back in November 2003 on Heat.

While Molly, Jazz and to a lesser extent Victoria and Trish are all pretty good workers, beyond that, there's not much depth, Ivory and Jacqueline are too old, Nidia and Gail are too green, and Lita's just awful. Hopefully the arrivals of Alexis Laree and Jillian Hall will give the division a boost.

Jacqueline turned 40 on January 6th. I must say, the last time that I saw her, she looked great for her age.

In regards to your assessment of the first four workers, I think that you should switch Jazz and Victoria. The only problem that I have with Jazz is that with her gimmick comes an aggressive style that doesn't always work out.

Ivory and Jacqueline aren't too old to work, Gail is green, and Nidia isn't so bad, based on her performance on Raw.

And yes, incorporating new women is definitely the way to go.

I miss Trish as a wrestler. She can be pretty aggressive when she wants to and that could work as a heel. Probably for the better, though. Trish might show up Christian.

Guest DeathBecomesYou

I like Victoria, but honestly, she's bland right now, there's nothing really interesting about her and for the divisions supposed top babyface, there is nothing really likeable about her at all. Ever since she dropped most of the psycho character and distanced herself from Stevie, she's just been, well boring. And considering the push she's been getting, she's not really getting much in the way of pops from the crowd, when the top face is getting less cheers than the debuting Nidia or the heel Molly, something is seriously wrong. Methinks that Victoria will probably be turned back heel in the next few months, as right now she's a flop as a face.

I miss Trish as a wrestler. She can be pretty aggressive when she wants to and that could work as a heel. Probably for the better, though. Trish might show up Christian.

I shudder to think of Trish being aggressive in the ring - that could only lead to more blown spots.

Guest DeathBecomesYou

I shudder to think of Trish being aggressive in the ring - that could only lead to more blown spots.

She doesn't really blow that many spots though does she? The last major spot I can remember her screwing up was in a match with Molly last year, when she and Molly screwed up a shoulderbreaker spot and even then they covered it pretty well.

When she was wrestling on Raw each week, she'd either fuck something up, or come close.

Do you remember when she teamed up with Jackie Gayda when Jackie?

:ph34r:

When she was wrestling on Raw each week, she'd either fuck something up, or come close.

Do you remember when she teamed up with Jackie Gayda when Jackie?

:ph34r:

That was quite awhile ago though. She's improved since then. I think that while turning her heel was interesting storyline wise, wrestling-wise, it'll hurt the women's division.