TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BoboBrazil

DDP Coming Out Of Retirement

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

TNA needs to stay away from him ASAP.

Rules of people to hire:

a.) Anyone who's an old geezer whos prone to injury.

b.) Anyone who wants too much money for 1 time appearences

c.) Anyone like this.

TNA doesn't need old retired geezers coming in TNA and hogging the spotlight of people like A.J Styles and Abyss. He should stick to making movies and getting stoned.

Eh DDP has never refused to put anyone over and has never really hogged the spotlight. He would still be really over with the crowd and add something to the show. Who says he is asking too much?

Pro's of DDP in TNA:

-He's a veteran, and has been in the business for upwards of 15 years.

-He knows how to excite a crowd, regardless of his cheesy catchphrases.

-He's an excellent worker, regardless of the fact that he got his big push in WCW because he was neighbors with Bischoff.

-The guy got a *** match out of GOLDBERG.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
Pro's of DDP in TNA:

-He's a veteran, and has been in the business for upwards of 15 years.

-He knows how to excite a crowd, regardless of his cheesy catchphrases.

-He's an excellent worker, regardless of the fact that he got his big push in WCW because he was neighbors with Bischoff.

-The guy got a *** match out of GOLDBERG.

He's over the hill and pretty old. He's injury prone now with his fucked up back (see also: Mr. Perfect/Curt Hennig).

The only role I can think of him that won't piss me off is a manager. He should jsut stay OUT of the ring.

I wouldn't have a problem with him there if he's not asking for too much per appearance. Like it was already mentioned, DDP's not some guy who will refuse to put people over. They would need to limit his wrestling appearances for his health, but having him on the show when/if they get on FSN would be a nice boos, IMO.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
He should be fine only wrestling once every week or two like he would if he was in TNA.

TNA's #1 Priorty = The people under contract now.

DDP coming in will only cost someone else a paycheck (probably a lesser known) because he doesn't know when to say he's done.

Guest Dynamite Kido
He should be fine only wrestling once every week or two like he would if he was in TNA.

TNA's #1 Priorty = The people under contract now.

DDP coming in will only cost someone else a paycheck (probably a lesser known) because he doesn't know when to say he's done.

Not necessarily. Maybe they would bring him in to help the younger guys......he never seemed to be against it before.....

Guest Coffey

I wouldn't mind someone getting over because of Diamond Dallas Page. For example, he could take someone under his wing and teach them the ways of the "Diamond Cutter."

Of course, I'm not big on bringing in non-wrestlers, and that's the role I would see him in.

Definetley bring him in.

DDP's a big name and I think he can work a TNA main event style match (ie brawling in the crowds) easily.

He also has a lot of charisma and a feud with Jarrett would sell.

DDP also never seems to have a problem with putting people over so I think they should definetley give him a chance.

Guest TDinDC1112

If the price is right, there is no reason not to bring him in. No reason at all.

As long as he doesn't muck up the current build to the title, I have no problem with it. You could siphon off one of the losers of this build to the title chase into a feud with him. I just don't want to see a DDP vs. Jeff Jarrett feud.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
I just don't want to see a DDP vs. Jeff Jarrett feud.

Edited To Save Face.

Guest Goodear

He'd be a good guy to put Abyss over since ... well no one with a big name has done that yet. The big guy could use a little more main event credentials and I can't imagine that they're going to give him a shot at Jarrett.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
I said I don't want to see it.

Oh shit, my bad. I really need to get a new pair of glasses.

I shall allow one free insult for my stupidity/blindness :P

Guest RickyB
He's an excellent worker, regardless of the fact that he got his big push in WCW because he was neighbors with Bischoff.

Hmmm, I never knew planning your match out from beginning to end made you a great worker. He has good matches, but if you stick him out there with nothing planned then he can't work for shit.

I still mark out for him like and would love to see him in TNA... but it's kinda stupid to say he's a great worker when he's never actually "worked"... planning a match from beginning to end ISN'T working.

Guest TDinDC1112
He's an excellent worker, regardless of the fact that he got his big push in WCW because he was neighbors with Bischoff.

Hmmm, I never knew planning your match out from beginning to end made you a great worker. He has good matches, but if you stick him out there with nothing planned then he can't work for shit.

I still mark out for him like and would love to see him in TNA... but it's kinda stupid to say he's a great worker when he's never actually "worked"... planning a match from beginning to end ISN'T working.

Who the hell cares if he plans his match? Did you know Savage-Steamboat at WM3 was planned move for move for months? All that matters is how it looks in the ring. If you watch a match, and know it was planned, are you going to not like it? I just don't follow that line of thinking. The job of a professional wrestler is to put on a good match and get the crowd interested to draw money.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Who the hell cares if he plans his match? Did you know Savage-Steamboat at WM3 was planned move for move for months? All that matters is how it looks in the ring. If you watch a match, and know it was planned, are you going to not like it? I just don't follow that line of thinking. The job of a professional wrestler is to put on a good match and get the crowd interested to draw money.

I can make from the post that DDP couldn't improvise a match to save his life. But if its planned out, he can work pretty good. But I wouldn't call him GREAT. I'd call him a decent worker.

Guest TDinDC1112

You don't need to be a great worker to put on great matches. Look at The Rock.

Well, considering I've never heard otherwise, DDP has planned all of his televised matches. Who's to say he didn't improvise on house shows and see what worked and what didn't? I have a hard time believing a few of his Raven brawls were 100% planned. Of course, Raven probably carried the hell out of him, but it's fucking Raven. IT'S FUCKING RAVEN!

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
You don't need to be a great worker to put on great matches.  Look at The Rock.

Touche.

I have a hard time believing a few of his Raven brawls were 100% planned. Of course, Raven probably carried the hell out of him, but it's fucking Raven. IT'S FUCKING RAVEN!

You better not question Raven's carrying skills! He's been carrying TNA on his back for the better part of a year now.

So he planned out all of his matches move for move.

.......and???

If that's supposed to be some damning revelation, it hasn't hit me yet.

Frankly, there are quite a few guys working in the major promotions today who, IMO, SHOULD plan their matches out move for move, because their "improvisation" sucks a bowl of dick.

Guest Danny Dubya v 2.0
Hmmm, I never knew planning your match out from beginning to end made you a great worker.  He has good matches, but if you stick him out there with nothing planned then he can't work for shit.

Hey, if DDP's aware of a weakness of his and is responsible enough to actively work around it, that's a lot more than can be said for many wrestlers. I won't call him a great worker, cause quite frankly whether he is or isn't doesn't matter to me, if he's entertaining and isn't too much of a hassle to other workers, that's all I care.

Guest RickyB

lol, the "great" workers don't plan their matches out move for move, they might plan some of the match but they don't plan from beginning to end. Which is what DDP does. He'd suck on the Indy's because you usually go into a locker room on the day of the show and have about 30 mins to an hour to go over your match and then get in the ring and do it... you HAVE to be able to improvise.

Guest Coffey

...and you would know. I mean, obviously you have so much experience with working matches. I'm sure you've watched Beyond the Mat like three times! That makes you a professional!

DDP didn't do anything wrong. You're trying to condemn him for being overly prepared! Who's to say that the other wrestlers didn't like working with him for that fact alone?

He'd suck on the Indy'? Compared to who? The top tier like American Dragon? Yeah, maybe, but whom wouldn't such when compared to the best? Look at all the Axl Rottens and shit on the Indy's. Are you telling me DDP couldn't work circles around them?

Truth be told, I'm not really high on DDP showing up in NWA, but if he does, I won't complain. It's disgusting to see people trying to bash him over such tranquil shit. By people, I mean RickyB, whom is obviously a professional wrestling expert.

Guest RickyB

lol, i'm not trying to say i'm an expert. And i've actually never seen Beyond the Mat, to be honest it doesn't really interest me, same as the whole "Jeff Jarrett sucks because he has backstage pull" shit on here doesn't interest me. I was actually a big fan of DDP in WCW and I would love to see him in TNA, hell I don't mind the fact that he plans his matches out... but "great" workers don't plan their matches out.... in fact most workers don't plan there matches out, it limits you so much planning matches from beginning to end. For example if the fans don't get into the kind of match that you set out to work, and your sticking to this big fuck off planned-out match you've set out then you're fucked. If you go out without planning and the crowd don't get into the match then you can work around that. But the main problem is simply that if you plan a match out from beginning to end then unless you've actually got a lot of time to run over the match and make sure you know every single spot that's planned then you are going to end up botching something. It's hard enough to remember match opening spots or endings if there's a big planned spot beforehand, think about EVERY SINGLE spot in a 15-20 minute match being planned out before the match, now if he's only meeting the guy he's facing on the day of the show he's not going to be able to plan out a 10+ minute match on that day and expect the guy to remember the whole thing. On the indy's he's gonna have to improvise. I mean do you really really think you could remember a whole 10 Minute+ match if you only worked over it on the day of a show?

It's not about him being prepared... being prepared is good. Coming up with some good stuff for a match is actually a GOOD THING... planning a whole match and not knowing how to improvise isn't.

Anyway, if Raven can't get you past ** then there's something wrong with you ;).

It's still kinda stupid saying that i'm trying to act like i'm a Wrestling expert. I don't claim to be and I know i'm not. I just have common sence that planning too much = forgetting stuff = botching. It can work when your on the road with the same guys all the time and can talk over it if you know you've got a match coming up... but on the indys he's not gonna have that luxury.

I still hope he goes to NWATNA tho since I rate the guy highly.