TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Fökai

The Official TSM Mock NFL Draft

Guest Flyboy

With the fifteen pick in the 2004 TSM NFL Mock Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select...

PICTURE_djwilliams.gif

D.J. Williams -- Outside Linebacker -- University of Miami

Two years ago the Bucs were holding up the Super Bowl trophy, but after a very disappointing season.. they Bucs are in need of reshaping. This off-season, center pieces of their defenses were let go (Warren Sapp and John Lynch). Rudd? Gone. Nate Webster? Seeya. While this team still has plenty of upside (signing Charlie Garner will help their running game for a one or two), they need help. The question was, what side of the ball were they in the most need of? On offense, they lack that all-star wide receiver, but their defense seems to be becoming less and less dominant (as last season showed us). And, their identity has been defense for the past fews year and that's why D.J. Williams was grabbed. I debated on whether to take Williams or Vilma, but in essence the Bucs do not lose. Williams has everything somone would want in a linebacker.. he can drop back and coverage and also deliver the blow. With Monty Kiffin AND Derrick Brooks helping him develop, D.J. Williams will be an immediate force on the Bucs' defense.

I would just throw in the usual, if he is here before Bored he can change the pick. Even though, if that were anyway possible we wouldn't be picking this early.

Anyway, next four picks

16. San Francisco 49ers - Bored

17. Cincinnati Bengals - Choken One

18. New Orleans Saints - Flyboy

19. Minnesota Vikings - LaParkaMarka

Guest Flyboy

Bored has until 8 AM CT to pick or a pick will be made for him.. and if Greg DOES get on and pick before 2 then my pick can surely be changed.

With the 16th pick in 2004 TSM Mock NFL Draft, the San Francisco 49ers select...

Reggie Williams, Wide Receiver, from the University of Washington.

I was originally not going to pick a wideout in the first round with that position being so deep this year and also thinking Brandon Lloyd has a lot of potential. Then I remembered the other starter for the 49ers would be Cedrick Wilson. I had to go wide receiver.

Guest Flyboy

That's crazy.. one moment that we actually want Choken One online, he's offline.

Guest Flyboy
I guess i'll just wait 9 more hours then.

If that's the case, I'll just pick for you because we're not having the shit you pulled last year.

Guest Choken One

:Choken One Sits at the table, still in talks with Head Coach Marvin Lewis:

:Marvin Lewis nods his head:

:Choken writes a name on the slip of paper and hands it to Commish:

Commish: Ladies and Gentlemen, With the 17th Draft Pick The Cincinnati Bengals have selected, Cornerback from Ohio State

Chris Gamble.

Guest Flyboy

With the eighteenth pick in the 2004 TSM NFL Mock Draft, the New Orleans Saints select...

a-vilma-090302.jpg

Jonathan Vilma -- Inside Linebacker -- University of Miami

So close... yet.. so far. That can sum up the past two seasons of the Saints perfectly. Let's not even talk about missed field goals. The main downfall of the Saints have seen their defense which doesn't exist. If you want score on them, you will. Their core defense is not bad at all, but it needs an extra "BAM" (to steal from Madden). Vilma is too undersized to play a middle linebacker in the NFL, but he will still be a steal for the Saints. Vilma has speed and tackling down and he's brings actual LEADERSHIP to the Saints' defense. Sedrick Hodge would be there to bring Vilma along and refine his game. Vilma is only one piece placed to fix the gaping holes in the Saints' defense.. one piece at a time.

With the nineteenth pick in the 2004 TSM NFL Mock Draft, the Minnesota Vikings select...

112_tharris_bama.jpg.JPG

Tommie Harris, DT - Oklahoma

Highly regarded athlete who has garnered national honors since joining the Sooners' program as a freshman. Quiet leader by example who has a blue-collar work-ethic, but a premium resume. Recorded 94 tackles (49 solos) with nine sacks for minus-47 yards, 33 stops for losses of 96 yards, 49 quarterback pressures, four pass deflections, a fumble recovery and a forced fumble while starting 37 of 38 games during his Oklahoma career.

The Vikings biggest holes are at DE and OLB. With Smith, Udeze, and DJ Williams all off the board, the Vikes would most likely trade down and still be able to grab a decent DE. However, with someone of the skill level as Harris still on the board, the Vikings might as well take him. He'll complement Chris Hovan and one of the Vikings other two DTs could move over to DE. Harris has been projected as high as 5th overall, so the Vikings see this as a steal.

Guest Flyboy

The Miami Dolphins (Conspiracy Victim) has until 11:00 AM CT to make their pick. Then, the Pats would be up.. I have the Pats' picks for HarleyQuinn in case he's offline. I won't be home until around 5:30ish PM CT so if we are both offline, I'll just forward the picks to bravesfan and hopefully he can get them up.

... Nevermind. CV is on.

Edited by Flyboy

Well since I'm on a friend's laptop and don't have time for all the bells and whistles, I'll just be straightforward with this one.

With the 20th pick in the first round, the Miami Dolphins select Shawn Andrews, Offensive Tackle, University of Arkansas.

Guest FrigidSoul

Harley, if your pick isn't a certain Virginia Tech RB then prepare to be kicked in the nutsack.

Guest Flyboy

Harley sent me his pick through a PM. I'm gonna post it, but I don't have time to do a write-up for it.

With the twenty-first pick in the 2004 TSM NFL Mock Draft, the New England Patriots select...

virginiatech_kevinjones_200w_ap_091202.jpg

Kevin Jones -- Running Back -- Virgina Tech

(Written by FS)

"Standing at 6ft and 210lbs this former Virginia Tech RB is sure to help the Patriots for years to come. He's a small bruiser back like Jamal Lewis except he has much better break away speed. He runs good routes out of the backfield and has good hands which will make him that much more valuable to Charlie Weis' offensive schemes."

Guest Flyboy

The Dallas Cowboys (BX) is on the clock and has until 6:30 PM CT to make his pick.

Guest FrigidSoul

Even though I'm not in the actual draft can I do a write up for Kevin Jones since I'm actualy a fan of his and hope he's the Pats RB next year?

Guest Flyboy
Even though I'm not in the actual draft can I do a write up for Kevin Jones since I'm actualy a fan of his and hope he's the Pats RB next year?

He was my favorite college football player last year, but go for it.

Guest Flyboy

Shit. I didn't even notice the time was up... I'm tired and being lazy, so I'm just going to post the Cowboys' pick:

With the twenty-second pick of the 2004 TSM NFL Mock Draft, the Dallas Cowboys select...

robinsongibson.jpg

Dunta Robinson -- Cornerback -- University of South Carolina

I like our chances of finishing this round by the end of tomorrow with the names coming up now.

Side note: How are we doing the second round? Are we eliminating people who didn't make their pick in the first?

:: Dunta Robinson strolls down the hallway of the reception building, eager to accept his Dallas Cowboys uniform. However, as he turns the corner, he sees Flyboy sprawled out on the floor, face down and unconscious. Jerry Jones stands over him with a slapjack, muttering to himself.

All of a sudden, Dunta feels someone spin him around. As his regains his sense of vision, he sees Michael Irvin, dressed to the nines with a dark red Armani suit. Behind him, his posse stands, teeth gleaming.

"Powder," Irvin mutters. A flunky produces a medium sized tub filled with talcum power. Irvin dips his hand into the powder, then smiles at Robinson.

"I dunno who told you you were drafted, but I gots a message from Coach. Coach says, "What do the five fingers sa... Aw, fuck it."

::Smack~!::

"Get yo ass out of here, bo," Irvin says, as another flunky dusts his hand clean. Dunta runs off, crying like a little bitch.

Meanwhile, out on the stage, Coach Parcells goes to the stand to presumably announce the Dallas Cowboy's newest aquisition.

"Ahem. With the 22nd pick in the 2004 TSM Mock Draft, the real Dallas Cowboys select 5' 10", 235 pound sophomore from The Ohio State University, Maurice Clarett."

t1_clarett_ap.jpg

Maurice Clarett - Running Back - The Ohio State University

The crowd boos as Clarett strolls to the podium to accept his Cowboys cap. After posing for photos, Parcells and Clarett leave the stage.

"After the disappointing performance by Troy Hambrick last season, it's clear we needed some fresh blood at the HB position," Parcells would later tell reporters from ESPN.com. "Clearly, Clarett is a great running back, and despite all the controversy, we believe he'll carry us far in 2004."

Guest Flyboy

I'm sorry dear sir, but you'll be like the Vikings of last year's draft. Just a tad too late.