TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

The 2004 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

Someone describe the play to me!!!! Grrrrrr, this sucks!!!

Morrison came out of the corner, powered his way out front, crossed the net, and slipped it in the corner of the net.

Someone describe the play to me!!!! Grrrrrr, this sucks!!!

Morrison came out from the corner in front of the net, almost around a sprawling Kiprusoff, and put it barely past him. It was so great.

Guest Nanks

GODAMNIT!! Well that's awesome, I'm psyched that the 'Nucks are still alive. Good that Game 7 in Van too. Monday night right?? I need some way of seeing this. It's pissing me off.

GODAMNIT!! Well that's awesome, I'm psyched that the 'Nucks are still alive. Good that Game 7 in Van too. Monday night right?? I need some way of seeing this. It's pissing me off.

Yup, Monday night. You can always listen to it online, NHL.com usually has radio links for all the games.

Guest Nanks

Hockey on the radio?? That'd be like a never-ending horse racing call wouldn't it?? They'd have to replace the announcers from exhaustion every 10 minutes wouldn't they?!? I think I tried to tap into one of those for Game 5 and my computer wasn't too interested. Very. Fucking. Annoying.

Hockey on the radio?? That'd be like a never-ending horse racing call wouldn't it?? They'd have to replace the announcers from exhaustion every 10 minutes wouldn't they?!? I think I tried to tap into one of those for Game 5 and my computer wasn't too interested. Very. Fucking. Annoying.

CKNW

That's the home of the Canucks for radio. Generally, they do a good job. I used to listen to Canucks games back they weren't all aired. Sometimes the radio commentary is superior to the tv commentary.

Man, I tried listening to an Oilers game online, it was terrible. Their radio guy is insanely bad. Believe me, it varies from team to team, and the Nucks have some decent people running their radio PBP.

Guest Nanks

Awesome, cheers mate. Hopefully I can get it running on Tues arvo (my time). It's frustrating having gone to the trouble of learning the game, getting behind the Nucks and not being able to see them through the playoffs. Just as I'll probably miss NFL when the season starts up again.

Raycroft is playing pretty well...that save on Zednik was great. I have no idea what is going on with the Bruins D...they should be way better than this.

Its like the same thing two years ago.

Montreal speed is beating the Boston defence.

Now if Montreal gets into the next round and plays Tampa, it'll be a harder series for the Canadiens since Tampa is a much faster team, but not much of a physical presence.

I think there's more radio coverage than television coverage for a lot of teams. I know this is true for the Hawks...the old WMAQ, whatever it's called now, they do a decent job with Pat Foley and Bob Probert. Yeah that Bob Probert.

The Devils are gone, the Devils are gone, the Devils are gone!

The Stanley Cup Final will be WATCHABLE! There will be GOALS SCORED! The team that wins the Cup will have a CITY in which to hold its victory parade!

The Devils need a new defencemen for next year if they want to get the cup. The loss of Ken Daneyko and Scott Stevens shows how small the team got in a hurry, making Phili looking dominate, especially with Primeau and LeClair on the same line.

Guest Wildbomb 4:20

Maybe I'm just being a homer, but the Bruins played a strong, physical game in game one that allowed them to slow down the Canadiens. They'll need to do it again in Game 7.

And, apparently, just give Sergei Samsanov the puck, because he's the only guy on offense executing. Bergeron has not been there the past couple of games, while Thornton and his "upper-body injury" (read: two cracked ribs with cortisone shots before every game this series) just can't play as physical. The rest of the 700-pound line has got to step it up, and line two must play as well as they did in the first half of the series.

Boston has fallen into "perfect-play-itis" in the offensive zone, and it's killing me. Theodore has not shown to be able to stop a good wrister from either circle. USE IT! Quit the dump and chase unless you're going to play an extremely physical game on both ends.

So now it comes to game seven. And hopefully the Bruins win, because I managed to get a press pass for game 1 of the next series. I thought I'd never say this, but I have to thank Jeremy Jacobs for overruling his PR office.

Go to NHL.com during the game and go the scores page, click Listen To Game and listen to the Flames coverage of it. Peter Marr = best announcer ever. You'll love it.

Whoo!! 1-0 Leafs. And the most hated person on the ice in Ottawa right now - Kerry Fraser.

Yeah, like anyone's REALLY surprised there...

THIS IS THE MOST BORING HOCKEY GAME EVER.

Here's a summary:

Ottawa gets pressure.

Toronto shoots the puck all the way down the ice and gets an icing.

Faceoff in Ottawa zone.

WWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

THIS IS THE MOST BORING HOCKEY GAME EVER.

Here's a summary:

Ottawa gets pressure.

Toronto shoots the puck all the way down the ice and gets an icing.

Faceoff in Ottawa zone.

WWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Somehow, it's not boring anymore. And all it took was a bad-angle goal from Chara to kick it up a few notches...

Tough, gritty win for the Sens. Obviously, not the end result I wanted to see, but they really stepped it up from the 3rd period on.

Game Seven, baby. Guess I won't be watching American Idol or 24 on Tuesday...

I guess I can take comfort in the fact that Ottawa's never won a game 7 before. Of course, they'd never beaten the Leafs in OT before, either, so I don't know if that means anything.

I'll be praying.

On top of that, the Sens hadn't won a game all year when trailing after two periods. Law of averages. Happens every time.

And on a side note, how much do you think CBC loves the fact that the three series involving Canadian teams are all going to 7 games?

That's huge for ratings.

And on a side note, how much do you think CBC loves the fact that the three series involving Canadian teams are all going to 7 games?

That's huge for ratings.

Oh, they're loving it. But they're probably hating the OT, since they're probably losing ad revenue there.

One thing I hope for is that neither Mick McGough (doesn't call anything) nor Kerry Fraser (well, you know) refs Game 7.

One thing I hope for is that neither Mick McGough (doesn't call anything) nor Kerry Fraser (well, you know) refs Game 7.

Fraser reffed game 6, so he's out. I would probably think Bill McCreary will be assigned to tomorrow's game.

Guest Wildbomb 4:20

Absolutely INTENSE play by the Bruins so far tonight. They're hitting, playing solid fore and backchecks. Good puck movement, being a little creative, but also knowing when to just let 'er rip. Razor is playing superbly again so far.

Still, it's 0-0, and the Bruins will have to keep it that intense throughout.