TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

The 2004 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

Well, it looks like Game 1 goes to Philly. I didn't think that Belfour played all that well and Philly was showing the advantage of having a few days rest. The Leafs are probably lucky that the score wasn't higher but really, a loss is a loss so there isn't much else I can say, except that I'll have to update my sig...

I was surprised how tame the game was. I know the Flyers were tentative after the rest and the Leafs were worn, but damn where did the hatred go?

Of course now that I say that, this series will turn into what it was last year and whoever wins will be dead for the next series.

I was surprised how tame the game was. I know the Flyers were tentative after the rest and the Leafs were worn, but damn where did the hatred go?

Quinn and Hitchcock forgot that despite their friendship, they're supposed to hate each other over the next two weeks...

Are the Flames a team of destiny?!?! I am starting to think so!!! I want to see a Canadiens Vs. Flames Stanley Cup Final unless Toronto goes to the finals just to see Leetch in the finals but I don't think that is going to happen.

Thanks.

Wow. I was skeptical when Calgary advanced that they would be too exhausted to hold up against Detroit. As someone who despises the Red Wings with a passion, I hope the Flames keep this up.

I'm rooting for the Flames for 2 reasons, the first being that I'm hoping for SJ to make it to the Cup and beating Calgary should be easier than beating Detroit. And the second is that I think both Toronto and Montreal are making tee times after this round, and it'd suck for Canada to have all 3 of their remaining teams get eliminated before the Conference Finals.

Mr. America's daughter sings the Canadian national anthem: NEXT!

Seriously though, the announcer saying "Please rise respectfully for the Canadian national anthem" is priceless.

Greg Millen picks right up when Glen Healy left off as far as the Yanic Perrault cock-sucking goes. We get it, he's good on the face-off.

Great second period by the Bolts. The Vinny,Ruslan, St. Louis line worked very well and Khabby was strong. I would like to see us win more faceoffs though but with a 2-0 lead I'll take it.

Great game by the Bolts. The Vinny, St. Louis, Fedotenko line owned this game and while the Richards line didn't score they did have their fair share of chances as well. Nice to see Afanasenkov get on the board. He's one of these guys who has all the moves but can't score, he obviously did tonight. Last but not least Khabby with his 4th SH tonight., he wasnt tested often but he was big when he had to be. I think Fedotenko should be OK after that cheap shot by either Zednik or Juneau (couldn't tell) at the end of the game. All in all, a superb effort and if they don't get too lax it should be a short series.

Guest Olympic Slam
I think there is a need for more Sharks fans here.

I guess that's me. The original o.g Shark guy or whatever. I guess I'm one of......one?

The Sharks aren't my main team but I certainly hope they beat Colorado.

And I'm a big Nils Ekman fan.

I am thrilled to see him do so well this year. When he was with the Bolts he would constantly be bounced from the NHL to the IHL which would piss me off because I always thought he had potential. To see Ekman have a big year like he did is awesome. He would be a better choice for the Selke from the Sharks than Alyn McCauley.