TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mister foozel

cKy

I bought cKy Infiltrate.Destroy.Rebuild. and Volume 1 and they both kick major ass.

Very refreshing sound that I am yet to get sick of, unlike some stuff I've heard where I can't stand hearing it twice.

Anyone else heard them and your thoughts?

I like I.D.R. a lot. Starts with "Escape From Hellview" and ends with "Close Yet Far" which are two completly different kinds of songs.

I picked it up cheap cause I liked "Flesh Into Gear." I had very low expectations, but I really liked it.

I'm big into cKy, saw them at the begining of March at the Southampton guildhall, one of the best live acts i've seen. Got Vol.1, IDR and the video dvd which is awesome. I think its really cool that they made a video for every song on IDR out of their own money.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Him/Her is among some of the most trite stuff I've ever heard. It's metal gone pussy, which totally takes any and all appeal from the sound.

Cky's got a couple catchy numbers, but on the whole it falls under "Eh, it's ok" as far as I'm concerned.

Him/Her is among some of the most trite stuff I've ever heard. It's metal gone pussy, which totally takes any and all appeal from the sound.

Who said anything about HIM? I will agree with you though HIM are pussy metal.

Thats one of things about cKy though due to the connection between Bam and brother Jess in cKy and all the cKy gear that gets worn by Bam and cronies and also all the HIM shilling by Bam as well the two bands kind of get pigeon holed together by non-fans which is kind of unfair.

He did address them both seperately, you know.

cky are fine for what they are. I probably would have liked them a lot when I was a few years younger. They sometimes make me think of POD. Initials... they're overdone.

Yeah I saw that they were addressed separtely, its just when i talk to music fans in person they always pigeon hole the two bands together like that, it just gets kind of annoying after a while. I wasn't aiming the rant about HIM and cKy at AoO just in general.

Also the initial thing is kind of impossed by the record label as they weren't too high on the name Camp Kill Yourself.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

CKY's a better name than that anyway. It could be interpreted as a subtle jab towards popular fashion.."ck...why?" Plus it rolls off the tongue better than Camp Kill Yourself.

HIM is just a stupid name though, and ol' boy's brother should tell him to stick to skateboarding and breaking his neck, so he doesn't have to deal with that albatross in all of their promotion and such.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I'd also like to add that I've seen the members of cky play on parker guitars. This earns them another thumbs leaning up.

CKY is pretty good. I don't think there's one song on IDR that I don't enjoy, except maybe Plastic Plan.

Their video album is pretty cool as well, because how often do you get a band doing a video for every song on their CD?

One of the things that really got me into cKy was the video album as i'd heard and liked songs of theirs but never really gone out of my way to get ahold of their stuff, but one of my friends showed me the video album one day and i've been a big fan ever since. I also really liek the way that they try their best to be as connected to their fan base as possible with their ask cky section on their website where you can ask the band members questions which they respond to fairly quickly i believe so long as its a decent question or hasn't been asked before.

Thats definatly one of their best songs, my personal favorite thoigh is attached at the hip.

To anyone thats seen the video DVD in your opinion whats the best video on there - i don't think inhuman creation station can be beat except maybe by Escape from hellview.

I love them, check out my avatar. They're one of the few bands who I try and keep up with on a pretty regular basis. I first heard of them when I saw them open for Snapcase in late 2000 because my girlfriend at the time loved Snapcase for some reason. I decided to check them out right as soon as I got home and bought the album the next day. I think all of their songs are pretty good, a few of them I'd rank as some of my favorite songs ever. I listened to IDR almost nonstop for months after it came out, I was so impressed.

I drove out to Philly back in June and again on Halloween to see them because those were their two big for the fans concerts. Plastic Plan is probably my least favorite song of theirs as well, but hearing it live was actually very cool. Their live show is great, they're also very, very cool guys who make a big effort to talk to every single fan who approaches.

I saw someone mention that they play Parker guitars, that's just their singer Deron who plays them because he is sponsored by them. They actually sponsored him pretty early on in the band's history.

volume 1 is a'yight

especially "my promiscuous daughter"

didnt like it enough to get the next one

and IDRinkRatsMilk kinda speaks for me as well about the younger thing

To anyone thats seen the video DVD in your opinion whats the best video on there - i don't think inhuman creation station can be beat except maybe by Escape from hellview.

I didn't like Inhuman Creation Station, maybe because I hate claymation.

My favorite is Shock & Terror.

i really liked the video where they sparayed Ky all over the place in red spraypaint

my friend bought the video album but i can remember what song that was

favorite song is probably rio bravo from volume 1

Thats attached at the hip your refering to with all the spray paint.

Rio Bravo is a damn good song, have you heard the remix of it? IMO its even better than the original.

Thats attached at the hip your refering to with all the spray paint.

Rio Bravo is a damn good song, have you heard the remix of it? IMO its even better than the original.

didnt even know there WAS a remix

guess ill have to check that one out

I found it on Kazza so i'm sure if you've got it you'd have no problem finding it as well.