TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dangerous A

The OAO NBA Playoffs/Finals Thread

Guest OctoberBlood

Oh, I was wondering if it had any lyrics, or if you remembered any? But I asumme not. Hmmm.

A pox on the Spurs for blowing the series and forcing the American public to put up with more of Kobe's "heroics" of going from "court to court."

Eh. I'm disappointed in the Spurs. I wasn't surprised they lost games 3 & 4 in LA, but that damn shot f'd up everything. :angry: Oh, well. The Spurs are still young (outside Willis and Horry) so they're built to win for the next few years. At least they didn't cry. :D

Edited by Tony149

Damn the Spurs would have won if they still had Kerr or even Stephen Jackson. If they had one guy that could make a jumper they would have won in 5, but it wasn't meant to be.

Come on Pacers !!!!!!!! Reggie needs his ring.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

he should of just held up a big neon sign that said "Don't ask about my court case or I'll throw a fit."

I hate when people do that. Like whenever Dusty fucks up you can bet your life his kid will be at the press conference playing with toy cars or something.

it was pretty suprising to see Shaq dominate on defense. It was kind of a flashback game for him (right down to the hack-a-shaq).

and yeah, the Spurs need shooters. Having to sub Brown for Bruce Bowen let Kobe do basically whatever he wanted with the ball.

Guest Coffey

I don't really know who to feel about the LA Lakers eliminating the SA Spurs. On one hand, I'm happy about it. It gets Karl Malone and Gary Payton closer to getting a ring. It also means that we'll have a new champion this year. On the other hand, I hate Karl Malone. I think he's a dirty player and he doesn't deserve a ring. I also don't want the Lakers to win another fucking title.

Hopefully either Minnesota or Sacramento will eliminate the Lakers. I don't really care whom comes out of the East anymore either. Actually, that's not entirely true. I think Miami is bad, so I don't want them to win another game. I hope Indiana wins the next game and wraps that shit up. I don't care whom wins between NJ & Detroit or the Eastern Conference Finals though.

As stated earlier, I'd like to see Indiana against Minnesota. It'd feel fresh.

Guest The Horse You Rode In On

I didn't want to see either the Spurs or Lakers win it all this year, so this at least gets rid of one of them. Even after going down 2-3 i still thought San Antonio would come back to win it, but i guess LA won't go down without more of a fight.

Either LA/Sacramento or LA/Minnesota should be a good series, i just hope we finally get some new blood coming out of the West after having the usual suspects for so long.

I don't hate the Lakers because they win all the time......if I hated who won all the time then I'd hate San Antonio.

I hate the Lakers b/c I don't like ONE fucking member of that team. Not one.

Guest OraleHolmes

Sorry, but the Wolves nor Kings have ANY chance against the Lakers. The only team that could defeat the Lakers was the Spurs, and now that they're eliminated...

The Lakers vs. Spurs was essentially the FINALS just like it was last year. The Lakers will beat the Wolves or Kings in no less than 5 and then sweep whoever comes out of the East, just like they did in 2002.

Sorry, but the Wolves nor Kings have ANY chance against the Lakers. The only team that could defeat the Lakers was the Spurs, and now that they're eliminated...

The Lakers vs. Spurs was essentially the FINALS just like it was last year. The Lakers will beat the Wolves or Kings in no less than 5 and then sweep whoever comes out of the East, just like they did in 2002.

I'm going to laugh my ass off if the Kings or T-Wolves win because the Lakers fans are already getting cocky.

I'll laugh even harder if Indiana or New Jersey takes LA in the finals.

I would still pick the Lakers against the T-wolves or Kings, but the Kings match up better than the T-wolves do for the simple fact that the Kings big men like Divac and Miller can make Shaq labor somewhat, if not scare him into playing somewhat passively because of fear of foul trouble with all the acting Divac will bring to the table. Bibby, Webber and Co. still have that chip on their shoulder from 2 years ago and they have something to prove to themselves and the Lakers. That will push the Kings to at least stay competitive. I didn't say they'd win, but they can push the series to 6 or 7 games.

Minnesota would either get swept or beat in 5. They have less depth and have less of an answer for Shaq than the rest of the teams left in the West. Ervin Johnson and Olowokandi? Give me a break. Shaq would average about 35 ppg against the Wolves. Kobe will probrably get the same. Minnesota offers the path of least resistance for the Lakers now.

Nice to see the Pacers get back on track. I think they'll quit fucking around and put the Heat away on Tuesday. If they don't, they'll put them away in 7 because the Heat just flat out cannot win on the road in the playoffs. Good thing for the Heat is they are young and now have a 3 headed nucleus (Odom, Wade, Butler) to build a better team around for the next few years.

Tommorrow, I think the Kings will extend their series to a seventh game (at least I pray they do) and the Nets may unfortunately put the Pistons to bed after that triple overtime classic. The Pacers should do themselves a favor and finish off the Heat so they can deal with the Nets or Pistons. I think the Pacers matchup well with any of the 3 teams leftover in the West, including the Lakers. They just have to get more killer instinct seeing as they had the easiest second round matchup and still have to go at least 6 or 7 games to finish off their opponent.

Guest OraleHolmes

you're right, DA.

Defensively speaking,

Kobe>Sprewell. (Kobe will put the clamps on Spree)

Shaq>Olowokandi (nuff said)

Payton>Cassell (Payton will contain Cassell)

Malone>KG (Karl will outmuscle the lanky KG)

Guest Flyboy

Sprewell has been containing Mike Bibby -- he can contain Kobe.

Shaq > Olowokandi, yes.

Payton > Cassell? Eh.. doubt that one.

Malone > KG? You're out of your mind.

I think that Payton could handle Cassell defensively for the most part. Cassell's #s will be higher though, because he is more of a part of the TWolves offense.

KG won't necessarilly have his way with Malone, but I do see the Lakers having Shaq guard him if things start sucking.

Yes, the Mailman is one step closer to the ring...8 wins left and Malone's got his ring!

That's all that matters to me. Under normal circumstances, I really don't care for the Lakers.

But since Karl Malone, propably my favorite player ever, showed up with Gary Payton, who I have mad appreciation for, things have been different.

Go Lakers!

What makes me the the maddest is that nobody gave the f'n defending champions ANY credit at all. Everyone acted like they didn't exist. Most casual fans believe the Lakers won the title last year. I asked some and they were like "The Lakers duh....." and I was like "No it was the Spurs dipshit."

But now.........they really won't have any respect.

I sure hope the Lakers lose in the Western Conference finals.

I can't stand one member of that team.

What makes me the the maddest is that nobody gave the f'n defending champions ANY credit at all. Everyone acted like they didn't exist. Most casual fans believe the Lakers won the title last year. I asked some and they were like "The Lakers duh....." and I was like "No it was the Spurs dipshit."

But now.........they really won't have any respect.

I sure hope the Lakers lose in the Western Conference finals.

I can't stand one member of that team.

I think the Spurs were getting a lot of credit. Everyone counted out the Lakers until game 5.

If Bowen and Hedo Turko stepped up maybe you wouldn't be feeling this way.

And think of it this way. The Spurs are a much younger team and they have a hell of a lot of money to play with. They will have a chance to get back on top again.

Personally, I hate every person on the Spurs and I feel I have been polite. But now that the Lakers win, I can make an ass out of myself. :bonk:

Another reason why I hate the Lakers......there fans are cockier than Yankees fans.

No Kidding

I live in L.A and people in my neighbor were driving around honking their horns and celebrating in the streets as if they had won the title.

I hope to god somebody beats these fuckers.