TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

Most HOFers....

This is originally for baseball, but if someone with NFL or NBA expertise has an example, go ahead. Which team has the most Hall of Famers? I've tracked down the 1932 Yankees (9), but I'm not sure if they had the most.

Mid-late 70's Steelers... choose any championship year you want, because all 9 men were on all 4 championship teams

9 HOF players:

Blount

Bradshaw

Greene

Ham

Harris

Lambert

Stallworth

Swann

Webster

If we're counting non-players:

1 HOF coach (Noll) and 2 HOF owners (Rooney Sr. and Jr.)

Another notable fact: The 1979 Steelers were the only Super Bowl champs to consist of starters entirely drafted by the Steelers (i.e. everyone had played for the Steelers and only the Steelers in their careers)

Another notable fact: The 1979 Steelers were the only Super Bowl champs to consist of starters entirely drafted by the Steelers (i.e. everyone had played for the Steelers and only the Steelers in their careers)

Can't imagine that ever happening again. Very, VERY impressive.

Anyone have the stats for the 70's Canadiens?

The 80's Oilers should have a few - Gretzky, Fuhr, Kurri and Messier are/will be in the HHoF, and I'm unsure of Glenn Anderson's status.

Anyone have the stats for the 70's Canadiens?

I counted this before and I think it was 7 or 8, but I don't remember

I can think of Robinson, Lemaire, Lafleur and Dryden offhand (plus Bowman)

The Red Wings from the past few years have a ton of guys who'll probably end up in the HOF. Look at the Cup winning team from '02:

-Yzerman

-Shanahan

-Fedorov

-Hull

-Lidstrom

-Robitaille

-Chelios

-Larionov (probably more for what he did in Russia than the NHL)

-Hasek

So there's 9 right there who have a shot to make it, plus Scotty Bowman as the coach, and you never know if someone like Pavel Datsyuk could go on to have a HOF-type career, too, pushing the number up even higher.

The Red Wings from the past few years have a ton of guys who'll probably end up in the HOF.  Look at the Cup winning team from '02:

-Yzerman

-Shanahan

-Fedorov

-Hull

-Lidstrom

-Robitaille

-Chelios

-Larionov (probably more for what he did in Russia than the NHL)

-Hasek

So there's 9 right there who have a shot to make it, plus Scotty Bowman as the coach, and you never know if someone like Pavel Datsyuk could go on to have a HOF-type career, too, pushing the number up even higher.

Yeah, that's a lot of guys, although Hasek, Hull, Robataille, Larionov and Chelios would be better known for their prowess on other teams, or for their careers as a whole. Still, that's a lot of HoFers...

Guest Vitamin X

I'm not sure about year-specific, but I'm pretty sure the Chicago Bears and Green Bay Packers are #1 and #2 when it comes to overall...

03/04 Lakers have got the four players and a coach... which sparks a question in my mind, which team out there has the most Championship rings between their starting 5... or 11... or 9, whichever.

How about the '96-'04 Yankees...

Roger Clemens

Wade Boggs

Derek Jeter

Alex Rodriguez

Mariano Rivera

Joe Torre

Sheff could go too, as well as Kenny Lofton. Giambi still has a lot of baseball infront of him and very well play himself in as well. Also... Don Mattingly is their hitting coach... I loves me some Don Mattingly.

In the 50's for the Canadiens

Maurice Richard

Henri Richard

"Boom Boom" Geoffrion

Doug Harvey

Dickie Moore

Jacques Plante

Toe Blake (coach/player)

Jean Beliveau

How about the '96-'04 Yankees...

Roger Clemens

Wade Boggs

Derek Jeter

Alex Rodriguez

Mariano Rivera

Joe Torre

Sheff could go too, as well as Kenny Lofton. Giambi still has a lot of baseball infront of him and very well play himself in as well. Also... Don Mattingly is their hitting coach... I loves me some Don Mattingly.

How sad when Bernie Williams is overlooked.

No, no, too early to tell, and no.

The Maple Leafs from 61-67 had 16 HOFers. Stolen from Hockey Hall of Fame.

Al Arbour, George Armstrong, Andy Bathgate, Johnny Bower, Gerry Cheevers, Tim Horton, Punch Imlach, Red Kelly, Dave Keon, Frank Mahovlich, Dickie Moore, Bert Olmstead, Marcel Pronovost, Bob Pulford, Terry Sawchuk, Allan Stanley

This is originally for baseball, but if someone with NFL or NBA expertise has an example, go ahead. Which team has the most Hall of Famers? I've tracked down the 1932 Yankees (9), but I'm not sure if they had the most.

It's actually 11 counting Ed Barlow, and Joe McCarthy.

No, no, too early to tell, and no.

C'mon, Mattingly was a Yankee his whole career and never got a ring. That should absolutely be mentioned in the hall of fame.

How about the 1975-76 Big Red Machine?

Johnny Bench (HoF), Pete Rose (HoF eventually like it or not), Joe Morgan (HoF), Tony Perez (HoF), Dave Concepcion (should be HoF), George Foster, Ken Griffey, Cesar Geronimo

managed by Spark Anderson (HoF)

Radio Personalities - Marty Bennaman (HoF), Joe Nuxhall (Potential HoF)

'77 - '78 Oakland Raiders:

Gene Upshaw

Fred Biltenikoff

George Blanda

Willie Brown

Art Shell

Ted Hendricks

Dave Casper

Al Davis as well who is also in the HoF.

The Packer dynasty of the 60's.

Bart Starr

Paul Hornung

Forest Gregg

Willy Wood

Herb Adderly

Ray Nitchke

Henry Jordan

Jim Taylor

Willie Davis

Vince Lombardi

How about the 1975-76 Big Red Machine?

Johnny Bench (HoF), Pete Rose (HoF eventually like it or not), Joe Morgan (HoF), Tony Perez (HoF), Dave Concepcion (should be HoF), George Foster, Ken Griffey, Cesar Geronimo

managed by Spark Anderson (HoF)

Radio Personalities - Marty Bennaman (HoF), Joe Nuxhall (Potential HoF)

We've got three players IN the HOF on that team. We'll give Rose credit for being HOF caliber. I don't see Concepcion's argument at all. If Alan Trammell can't get in, then Concepcion has no chance. Foster, Griffey and Geronimo were quality players, but not HOFers.

Sheffield is possible. Lofton seems like a bit of a team whore--Indians, Pirates, Cubs, Yankees, and maybe a couple others. I don't think he'd get in anyway. Giambi--no, at least not yet. Mattingly will. but not before shaving those sideburns of his.